Is this self-defense, or murder??? What do you think? Watch this vid...

If posted, go ahead and lock...

here's the background...

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- A pharmacist who shot a would-be robber six times was charged with first-degree murder Wednesday, and the prosecutor said only the first shot was justified.

A security video shows two men bursting into the pharmacy May 19 and one of them, 16-year-old Antwun Parker, is shot. Pharmacist Jerome Ersland then is seen chasing the second man outside before he walks past Parker to get a second gun, returns to Parker and opens fire.

District Attorney David Prater said Ersland was justified in shooting Parker once in the head, but went too far when he shot Parker five more times while Parker lay unconscious on the floor.

"It is alleged that Parker was unarmed, lying on his back, unconscious but alive, when he was shot in the abdomen by Ersland," Prater said.

Ersland's attorney, Irven Box, said Ersland was protecting himself and two women inside the Reliable Discount Pharmacy. Box said he thinks a jury will exonerate Ersland.

"I think he did something in his eyes that protected both himself and two ladies in there," the attorney said. "He put an end to the threat."

An affidavit written by Detective David Jacobson said Ersland's account doesn't match the video or the evidence collected at the scene.

"Ersland shows no concern for his safety as he walks by Parker, and turns his back to Parker as he walks behind the pharmacy counter," Jacobson said. "Ersland is then seen to put the pistol he is carrying on the counter, and retrieve a second pistol from a drawer."

Ersland used this pistol to shoot Parker on the ground, the detective said.

Jacobson said the suspect who ran away from the pharmacy was armed, but no gun was found near Parker. The person who fled had not been identified, and police said the investigation was ongoing.

Ersland told The Oklahoman newspaper that he was grazed by a bullet during the confrontation, but Prater said Wednesday the evidence didn't support that.

"There was no evidence at the scene that the robbery suspects ever fired a round inside the pharmacy," Prater said Wednesday.

An autopsy determined Parker was alive after being shot in the head and died from the abdominal wounds.

Ersland, 57, was being held without bail in the Oklahoma County Jail.

If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison with or without the possibility of parole, or receive the death penalty. The district attorney has not indicated whether he plans to seek the death penalty, which would require proving an aggravating factor in the crime.

Link

Excessive but I disagree with the DA's decision to charge him with murder.

Ersland's mind was probably going a million miles a second after he was the one that was attacked. And he might have thought that Parker was "playingdead." Parker did have a backpack on him which could have been holding a weapon. I personally feel if you commit a crime like those two guys did, youforfeit all your rights.

Murder...
smh.gif

if he was shot in the head how the %*+# can someone say that he was alive but unconscious

ive heard some sketchy self defense stories, many taking place at night or at ones home, but this just sounds like cold blooded murder.. you have the right todefend your home and store but that deadly force is always only when you feel threatened.. i know this guy was shaken up, but he felt threatened??? tie him upwith duct tape and call police

I would think self defense goes out the window the moment he chased them out of the store. It's kind of like the movie Felon, where the guy chased theburglar outside his home, but thought he was justified in the name of self defense.

Man that is why you don't get hair transplants, dude is milking it for all its worth.

All this could have been pretended if those two goons didn't try to rob someone. Their fault, he was gangsta enough to try to rob someone, he should begangsta enough to die by the bullet. RIH.

Damn. That's a tough one, but murder.

Dude was down and wasn't a threat to him at the point that he shot him in the abdomen.

I'd say murder, or a little bit of both, but it's Oklahoma. He'll not only be exonerated, he'll probably get some sort of medal

Originally Posted by Lrrr

if he was shot in the head how the %*+# can someone say that he was alive but unconscious

coroners can tell the cause of death. it was likely loss of blood via abdomen. not all head shots are fatal.

should of never try to rob a place in gun point. im going with murder tho. but damn dude was 16 and robbing places like that.
smh.gif

i feel like as soon as you do something like that, you should be subject to whatever the owner/manager wants to do to you as long as your still on theirproperty.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Man that is why you don't get hair transplants, dude is milking it for all its worth.

All this could have been pretended if those two goons didn't try to rob someone. Their fault, he was gangsta enough to try to rob someone, he should be gangsta enough to die by the bullet. RIH.
Please..The tape clearly shows that he had time to walk outside in pursuit of the other robber, come back in, walk right by the guy on the floorgo back behind the counter reload his gun/get another gun then walk over and execute him? that's murder...

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

All this could have been pretended prevented if those two goons didn't try to rob someone. Their fault, he was gangsta enough to try to rob someone, he should be gangsta enough to die by the bullet. RIH.
this aint right...tho.
tired.gif

19533770_640X480.jpg

kid looks mad young...he should've never tried robbing that pharmacy in the first place...but who knows what made him want to do it...i think once he wasshot he should've just have been left there and called the cops so he could pay for his crime with time and not his life.

I'm leaning toward murder. One gunshot to the abdomen would have been enough to incapacitate the suspect, and Ersland can proceed to call 911. But Ithink he went too far with the extra bullets.

Back
Top Bottom