Is Virginia's own DONE???

I'll pass judgement on the dude once all the facts come out....however, he is flat out STUPID for letting these activites go on at his house. He has to be found accountable for that. He can have no involvement other than having the fights at his house, but that alone makes him a dummy...

I too think he is quite the dummy for lettin this go on at his house.. but like they said.. I am aware of alot of stuff, but I didn't know Dog Fighting was illegal....

So alot of players who come thru orientation didn' tknow or know to ask.. And although his agent should have known.. who knows if he even asked his agent.

And I really thought it was crazy to hear that Mike JUST got a Lawyer.. what the hell was he thinking JUST getting a Defense Lawyer.

That tells you he doesn't have alot of good people around him.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
T E A M L E B R O N S Z 1 1​

In the words of my grandmother,
"You may not KNOW it's bad (illegal). But you KNOW when it just ain't quite right...."

THE DREAM TEAM of MD/DC/VA -- It's not JUST shoes; it's JUST business...
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

Quote:
I don't necessarily agree that you can project that onto human life 100%

I can agree with you on that comment

But what makes the whole thing worse is that Mike Vick was really a 100 million $$$ plus bussiness. And he messed that all up over Dogfighting.

There are so many people in this country who treat their pets as family members/ kids. And alot of them buy Nikes....so what is Nike to do from a bussiness standpoint

Quote:
But what makes the whole thing worse is that Mike Vick was really a 100 million $$$ plus bussiness. And he messed that all up over Dogfighting.
ed in middle school.

So when you walk through life without being held accountable for much of anything, I guess you begin to think that you can get away with anything. Let's be for real. this is the dude handind out the gift that keeps on giving, Ron Mexico style. This is the dude with the "special" water bottle. This is the dude who's peoples took a watch with a gazillion cameras around. And in PLAIN sight at that.

He's pretty obvious to me that he isn't the brightest, but there may be some reasons behind it.

Quote:
There are so many people in this country who treat their pets as family members/ kids. And alot of them buy Nikes....so what is Nike to do from a bussiness standpoint.

Nike doesn't want to take the hit because they have decided to do business with him. And on a much larger scale negative press is also detrimental to your stock price.

You also have to think about how many times people have mentioned Nike in regards to reporting on this case. Nike will say it is because they don't condone those types of actions, but what really is it that they don't condone losing money. lol

Unfortunately for Vick.. he picked the wrong "competitive juice" sport to get involved in. People are saying he didn't know and thats @#%$. You dont have "kennels" painted blk in the backwoods of your property if you didn't know the @#%$ was illegal.....

And along the lines of what Scotch said, athletic ability= power.. but when you fail or that star starts to fall by the wayside and you begin to cost "corporate" wigs loot... that teflon coating turns to mesh. Jordan was at the top of his game when those allegations of gambling were surrounding him in 92-93 but Stern's investigative team found "nothing". Why? Jordan was the league's ( for that matter the World's) most profitable and recognized athlete performing at the highest level. No middle fingers to the crowd, no subpar play on the field, no off the field "entourages". That @#%$ weighs heavy....
Now, in no ways am I comparing the mistreatment of animals and gambling... not even in the same galaxy. But in relation to how we ( society) judge and protect our athletes and stars based on marketable, non-threatening images AND performance.. thats where the line is no longer blurred.
The Unofficial 5th Horseman

Quote:
Jordan was at the top of his game when those allegations of gambling were surrounding him in 92-93 but Stern's investigative team found "nothing".

Unless you are down with the thought that his first "retirement" was the league sitting him down. lol

Back on main topic:
Great point!

Quote:
Unless you are down with the thought that his first "retirement" was the league sitting him down.
ing Jordan was thinking about walking away from the game because the spotlight was starting to come close to his life outside the court ( gambling may or may not be included in that assessment)....... :\
ohwell.gif
The Unofficial 5th Horseman

I'm working on the FREE RON MEXICO shirts right now cause my man is going down, no way around it.
I SPIT HOT FIRE!!!
WASHINGTONNATIONALS

Being a Virginia Tech grad, I have to remove the names Mike & Marcus from my vocabulary...

Idiots.

...but I will wear some Vick's today on his behalf... then put them in the back of the closet until he's free.....
267896742.jpg

Ksmith.. I may be wanting to get those Safari's next week my man..

What I never understood Ron artest hits one fan and gets a year suspeneded,people do things off the court which are real crimes(beating wife,selling using drugs,dogfighting,etc.)and poeple don't want to punish them.I heard when Artest found out about his 7 game's he has to sit out this year he was in Africa helping children and other unfornate not thats a good person with problems.He gets a bad rap but these NFL players these days I don't know.O and as far as some people's comments of him being a black man and being race related,I doubt it cause they were investigating dog fighting and finding where it went on and such not Vick.Dog's are colored blind.

Quote:
However, I know Vick (among other "top" black male athletes) have been a "target to get" for a while (another topic for another time)

We Run Streets Like Drunks Run Street Lights

http://ibeboredson.blogspot.com​

Quote:
They raided the house looking for drugs and unfortunately the dog stuff was going on.

Really don't know what your talking about,they have been looking into this dog fighting for a while now couple of years.If you have followed the case listened to what has been said dog fighting is pretty difficult to find and have to do a decent amount of work to find it.

Quote:
I still don't think he should be held accountable for what's going on at a house that he doesn't stay at (although word on the street is he had a pretty good idea of what was going on).

Sounds like you don't think he should get punished cause he's Mike Vick.How can you want people to make better choice's when you want to not punish them for their poor one's.People have had it out for the Vick's the media did not make vick have pot in his water bottle his choice,or make him flip the bird to the crowd,and his baby bro the media did not make him give liquor to minor's,also flip people the bird.Side note if your vick's lil bro couldn't you get a girl over 18. A 16 year old girl vs. 22 year old 16 < 22.Just my thoughts.
Biggest problem in society to do people do not take responsbility for actions.Yes your right if this was some random guy not as big still news though,because of the brutalness and the amount of dogs,possible money involved, betting,etc.But when you want to play football and not a normal job that's when you submit yourself to these type of events.

I'll never ever understand the Marcus Vick - underage broad situation.... That dude was a star down there... From what I heard, he had chicks running after the truck down there when he was riding around campus... I wasn't a football player down at Tech, and I had no problem with finding girls 'of proper age'.

Matter of fact, I don't even remember SEEING a high school broad when I was there... A small town with 30,000 students, and you can't find a college broad to smash?

....and I don't care WHAT the girl looked like! I'm sure it wasn't worth: prison/millions lost/endorements lost/dropped draft pick rounds/and so on... and so on...

Idiot.

Quote:
But I can understand the dilemma that black athletes from the hood are going through. One minute you're poor and the next minute you're rich, so you're supposed to stop associating with the people who were with you through thick and thin?

Emmett said a lot of dumb things in his interview, but this part addresses what you just said...

Quote:
But Smith also placed some blame on Vick, saying athletes need to realize they have to break ties with some people from their past "because where we're going, it's not for everybody to come with us. You have to learn to cut some of those guys loose. Because the things that they do, we cannot do no more."

Smith, the NFL's career leading rusher, said young athletes have to make decisions about who they associate with because it could harm their careers.

"From an athletic standpoint, from an endorsement standpoint, from an investment standpoint, from a business standpoint, those doors are opening. The question is now, do you want to do the same old junk you've been doing for 18 or 20-something years, or do you want to step into the real world of business and handle your business like you're supposed to handle it?"
sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ne...id=2944662

John Thompson was very disappointed in Vick and was sick and tired of people using the excuse of "well it's hard for him to cut ties with some of the people he grew up with."...I wish I could remember verbatum what he said, but it was very interesting and had a good point...I'll look around a bit to see if I can find a transcript from his radio show the other day...

Yeah... I found out from some of my boys that Vick actually knew Vick well from Bubba Chuck bringing Mike and Aaron up whenever they were playing the Wizards or something like that...

I didn't realize EVERYONE from that area is pretty close knit until Vicks cousin who played on our Minor League Football team told us.

Quote:
Really don't know what your talking about,they have been looking into this dog fighting for a while now couple of years.If you have followed the case listened to what has been said dog fighting is pretty difficult to find and have to do a decent amount of work to find it.
YOUwww.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6428206Initial drug investigation turns up suspected dog fighting setup on Michael Vick's propertyoriginally working on a suspected drug case when they went to Michael Vick's property on Wednesday. On arrival, officials surprisingly discovered a suspected dog fighting setup.

I thought that was pretty well known....

Quote:
Sounds like you don't think he should get punished cause he's Mike Vick.
sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ne...id=2808606Vick came under scrutiny in January after police said the seized water bottle smelled of marijuana and had a secret compartment, but lab tests found no evidence of drugs.

We Run Streets Like Drunks Run Street Lights

http://ibeboredson.blogspot.com​

Is Vick getting cut realistic?

(I know our "great" Daniel Snyder is waiting in the wings).

'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

People just don't realize that the timing of all this is so intentionally Fed-like.

Word to The Wire.

Back
Top Bottom