Is "Wife Beater" in your vocabulary?

Do any of you use this term? I have always used it with no second thought.

This past weekend at the mall I was with some friends just hangin out and doin some shopping. While standing in line we noticed a dude was wearing just a"wife beater" and jeans. (keep in mind that its like 40 degrees). I said to my boy, "crazy dude is just wearin a "wife beater". Acouple of women in front of us said in raised voices how its stupid to refer to the tops as wife beaters and who the hell thought up that name etc... Theyweren't even facing us, just saying it loud enough for us to hear.

My boy got brave and said by the looks of em, they were probably beat up by their men. Thats why they so bitter. Both of em turned around and gave us thesnowbunny "PSSH! Anyways!" And then rattled off some wack comments not even worth responding to.

Are people in general offended by this term?

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

Thats why they so bitter. Both of em turned around and gave us the ********* "PSSH! Anyways!"
Is that like a *********** neck roll?

(Trying to make point, in case you missed it)

I just say "beater" now ..but thats just because Im lazy and not because people are offended...

my mom asked me if i needed anything this weekend. i said a-shirts, undershirts, ribbed tanks, before i just said wife beaters and she finally understood.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by nadroj 32

Thats why they so bitter. Both of em turned around and gave us the ********* "PSSH! Anyways!"
Is that like a *********** neck roll?
LMAO! I applaud your recklessness.

Anyway, I always called them ginny/ginzo t's because Italian Americans are rather fond of them. Must be a NY thing.

My boy got brave and said by the looks of em

LOL. Real brave telling off some suburban soccer moms in a crowded mall. Good on him.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

What? That's not cool but #*!+%+#%* is? My bad.
So you counter perceived slur with a known slur?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom