Isiah Thomas's son got beat up..

Son of Knicks' Isiah Thomas arrested

Saturday, January 26, 2008

FROM STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

Isiah Thomas' personal and professional nightmare of a season took another hit when his son Joshua was arrested this week on three charges, including underage drinking, after an altercation at a Bloomington, Ind., bar.

Joshua Thomas, 19, who attends the University of Indiana (which his father led to a national title under Bob Knight) in Bloomington, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct, illegal consumption of alcohol and being a minor in a tavern, according to published reportsin the New York Daily News and The Associated Press.

While he drank at an off-campus bar, according to the reports, witnesses say another patron asked if he was gay and when Thomas said no, the patron hit him in the eye.

Thomas was arrested (there is no word about the fate of his alleged attacker) when he went to a Bloomington hospital to be treated for a swollen eye and was belligerent with police, according to the reports, which also indicated he vomited and passed out as he was transported to jail, from where he eventually was released on $500 bail.

Asked Friday if his son was OK, Isiah Thomas replied, "Yes," but did not comment further about the matter, nor did the Knicks.

The matter adds another brick in the wall of a trouble-filled season for the Knicks' president-coach, who was found liable in Anucha Browne Sanders' sexual harassment lawsuit the opening day of training camp. Madison Square Garden eventually settled with Sanders (before an appeal was adjudicated) for $11.5 million, just $100,000 less than the jury's award.

Thomas' once father-son-like relationship with Stephon Marbury also deteriorated after Marbury left the team before a November game in Phoenix after several sources said he and Thomas almost came to blows on a flight from New York, when Thomas told Marbury he planned to bench him.

Thomas also has endured nightly booing and calls for his firing at the Garden for the lack of success during his four-year tenure as president of the team and 1 1/2 seasons as coach.

Isiah Thomas' personal and professional nightmare of a season took another hit when his son Joshua was arrested this week on three charges, including underage drinking, after an altercation at a Bloomington, Ind., bar.

Thomas' once father-son-like relationship with Stephon Marbury also deteriorated after Marbury left the team before a November game in Phoenix after several sources said he and Thomas almost came to blows on a flight from New York, when Thomas told Marbury he planned to bench him.

Thomas also has endured nightly booing and calls for his firing at the Garden for the lack of success during his four-year tenure as president of the team and 1 1/2 seasons as coach.

when it rains, it pours. If Andy Reid can stay on, so can Isiah! way to bring Marbury into the story.

He does have a son who really is Gay (with a different woman tho)

he kinda looks like him with dreadlocks, last i heard-he was attending college in New York (or was it Chicago) ...I can't really remember but the story wasfront page news here in NYC a few years back...about how Isiah Thomas has never seen this kid and how he's a deadbeat dad...and how his son is veryartistic and writes love poems for his boyfriend

damn, that's really unfortunate. it's one thing to have basketball issues, but family issues is waay more important. i almost feel bad for Isiah.

witnesses say another patron asked if he was gay and when Thomas said no, the patron hit him in the eye.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's really unfortunate but I can only imagine that

Patron: Hey, you gay?
Thomas: No..
Patron: ::tongue:UNCH::

I have a gay family member who stayed at Zeke's crib with Isiah's gay son, same one in the article. In NYC over spring break. The mansion wasridiculous and his son was cool too.
I guess Isiah's got two gay sons. I wonder if they hate him as much as everybody else does

His son is wack. I was in an AAU tourney he was playing in it and Zeek was there watching him. He definitley can't hoop. He was an age group down. Itwas back when Isiah was coo though.

Back
Top Bottom