Isn't she an NT member?

A good explanation for all the people after her head

ESPN has found itself in the middle of another political firestorm as they are being accused of being hypocritical for not firing "SportsCenter" host Jemele Hill for her comments on social media.

Many are claiming that this latest incident is just another example of ESPN's liberal bias since they fired baseball analyst and conservative-minded Curt Schilling for something he did on social media and yet Hill got something akin to a public scolding for calling President Donald Trump a white supremacist.

"The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the President do not represent the position of ESPN," ESPN wrote in a statement. "We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate."

However, there is a simple reason Hill was not let go and Schilling was and it only marginally has to do with politics.

Hill was not fired because this was the first time she violated ESPN's rules on discussing politics. Schilling was fired because he had been warned repeatedly to stop and did not.

In 2015, Schilling was suspended from the network for posting a meme to Twittercomparing Muslim extremists to Nazis. Schilling later apologized for the tweet and called it a "bad decision" and "100% my fault."

Six months later, Schilling said during an interview that then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton should be "buried under a jail somewhere," in reference to her email scandal.

That came shortly after ESPN had issued a company-wide directive telling employees to refrain from "political editorializing, personal attacks or 'drive-by' comments regarding the candidates and their campaigns." ESPN said they looked into the comments, but did not discipline Schilling. He later said the email had ended up in his spam folder.

Just one month later, Schilling was fired when he shared a Facebook post in response to the North Carolina law that bars transgender people from using bathrooms that do not correspond to their gender of birth.

If Hill does not heed the warning from ESPN, presumably she will suffer the same fate as Schilling. But until she shows that she is a recidivist like Schilling, it is an apples and oranges comparison.

Still, Hill will continue to be used as more evidence that ESPN has a liberal bias even though ESPN has also, among other things, twice divorced frequent Trump-basher Keith Olbermann, has increased the on-air presence of conservative columnist Will Cain, made Sage Steele the face of "SportsCenter," and re-hired Hank Williams Jr. to perform the opening song for "Monday Night Football."

The truth is the opposite. ESPN tries hard to be apolitical — the email Schilling says he never saw is just one example — and this latest incident is exactly why: ESPN can't win when the faces of their networks dive head-first into political discussions.

Not only is ESPN being slammed for not firing Hill, they are also being criticized by people on the other side for scolding her at all. A quick scan of the Twitter hashtag #StandWithJemele shows that there are plenty of people out there who feel she did nothing wrong and that the network should be supporting her instead of distancing themselves from her.

In the end, ESPN's problems are not political — although non-political things are often labeled "political" simply because they are something some do not like. Rather, ESPN's problem is one of diversity.

ESPN used to be a network dominated by white, male voices. In recent years they have made a concerted effort to offer a bigger variety of voices and a larger variety of looks that more people can relate to.

ESPN did move to the left. But that move was not an effort to be on the left as much as it was an effort to be in the middle and not so far on the right. But of course, to a few people on the right, all they see is that ESPN is moving away from them.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/simple-explanation-why-espn-did-172300724.html

there's alot of black folks who weren't co-signing da flag kneeling based on patriotic reasons (see Cleveland Brown's head coach)

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Sports
4 weeks ago
Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson said he respects NFL players' rights to protest. But that doesn't mean he wants to see players from his team kneeling during the national anthem this season, citing patriotism as the main reason.

"I think everybody has a right to (protest), and I get it, but the national anthem means a lot to myself personally, the organization and our football team," Jackson told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I hope — and again I can't speak, I haven't really talked to our team about it — I would hope that we don't have those issues.

636383891549147410-USP-NFL-NEW-ORLEANS-SAINTS-AT-CLEVELAND-BROWNS-92973621.JPG

Browns coach Hue Jackson isn't a fan of players protesting during the national anthem

and i believe she was tight about da Muslim ban protest "cuz it made her late"

on da former, blacks aren't really united on da flag issue like that, on da latter it did come across as oblivious...

nothing even equal to Jason Whitlock, not even close :lol:

i hear Jason Whitlock talk about certain subjects and i wonder why is he going sooooo hard to antagonize? (da Serena Williams debacle is a perfect example)

speaking of steele...

comments are gold :sick::lol:...so i can see why she would say what she said about her own folks, to da chagrin of others.

You stay posting stuff that we already know.

Her and Whitlock are 2 self hating *** kissers. It's that simple. :lol: Of course you see her side.

its apples and oranges...so according to you there's no such thing as black person who isn't a liberal who also loves their race/ethnicity?
I don't care about no liberal stuff. Lol Like I said they're 2 self hating *** kissers. It's alot of evidence out there on both of 'em.

sounds like red herring stuff when it comes to steele.

and "economic justice" is liberal ideology, that not everyone shares, regardless of race.

Economic justice is not just a liberal ideology. It is just the concept that the economy is fair for all actors and their is wide spread prosperity. People all over the spectrum have their own ideas of how to get their. Some want to expand the economy enough that everyone can prosper, others value equality and the cost of some growth to insure prosperity.

Some policies have proven more effective than others. Especially for minorities.

You are so caught up in hating everything that you think sounds liberal. You can't always argue economics through you cloudy political lense. There are economic plans to help the people at the bottom of the bracket and solve other issues that moderate conservatives thought up and once supported. But have been abandoned by most conservatives to further white supremacy.

Last edited:
Everything he says is wrapped in politics. "Da red, Da blue, da right, da left". He really get all his talking points from goofs on news networks.

I don't care about no liberal stuff. Lol Like I said they're 2 self hating *** kissers. It's alot of evidence out there on both of 'em.

you're talking like you care, cuz doing a quick "carfax" of sage steele on Twitter, and her comments doesn't constitute "self hate" unless you wanna make da case its why she chose her husband, as others on Twitter have done :nerd:.

Everything he says is wrapped in politics

if you haven't noticed, ESPN is in hot water because they put their foot in da hotbed of politics, as its been noted through out this thread from various articles, da network should've just stuck to sports like Linda Cohn said, cuz if you take a side, you're gonna alienate da other side.

da keyword is "fair." who's da arbiter of what constitutes that is da difference between liberals & conservatives.

Geez I am not talking politics I am talking economics.

But decades ago there were people of all political leanings that wanted universal health care, good schools, a fair justice system, decent housing for everyone, a quality job, being able to have enough food, and be discriminated against. That is more of a just society and conservative and liberal economic thinkers tried to come up with ways to get that done, this is where the argument was.

One of the most popular right winger economics thinkers of the past century was Milton Friedman. He support the federal government giving money to private companies to hire folk, he supported a negative tax rate. Most right wing economics support some form of carbon tax, many support universal health care, many think great low level education is the way to equality. So many of these plans are dismissed now because they are "liberal" so i.e "they help the blacks"

The problem was that some wanted it for all people and some just wanted it for whites. The Civil Rights Act happened. One party started purging the racist out of their, and the other party welcomed them in And then politics got involved.

I am not trying to bicker of what policies the Dems of GOP want today. I am into economics, the research leans heavily in one way. That our economy is structured in such a way that certain policies will work better. The multipliers on demand side are better than supply side. Supply side has proven to under deliver over and over.

But people don't pursue the best economic plans for the country because of white supremacy. That irrational feeling that I don't want to be made better off if that means black people getting helped too. Political conservatives mainly believe in voodoo economics and self destructive policies, partly for the sake for furthering white supremacy. And most economist, even plenty of the free market loving ones, wish they would stop it.

The economics policies that would help the black community, would be great for poor and middle class whites too.

Last edited:
there's alot of black folks who weren't co-signing da flag kneeling based on patriotic reasons (see Cleveland Brown's head coach)

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Sports
4 weeks ago
Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson said he respects NFL players' rights to protest. But that doesn't mean he wants to see players from his team kneeling during the national anthem this season, citing patriotism as the main reason.

"I think everybody has a right to (protest), and I get it, but the national anthem means a lot to myself personally, the organization and our football team," Jackson told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I hope — and again I can't speak, I haven't really talked to our team about it — I would hope that we don't have those issues.

636383891549147410-USP-NFL-NEW-ORLEANS-SAINTS-AT-CLEVELAND-BROWNS-92973621.JPG

Browns coach Hue Jackson isn't a fan of players protesting during the national anthem

and i believe she was tight about da Muslim ban protest "cuz it made her late"

on da former, blacks aren't really united on da flag issue like that, on da latter it did come across as oblivious...

nothing even equal to Jason Whitlock, not even close :lol:

i hear Jason Whitlock talk about certain subjects and i wonder why is he going sooooo hard to antagonize? (da Serena Williams debacle is a perfect example)

speaking of steele...

comments are gold :sick::lol:...so i can see why she would say what she said about her own folks, to da chagrin of others.

I thought Black people were monolithic?

u must not follow enough broads on twitter :lol:

plennnnnty of these :lol:

This apparently went over your head. This isn't literal. This is tied to their politics, not who they dated. Omaroso was married to a black man and was engaged to Michael Clark Duncan.

You need to find better examples of your argument.

Didn't even know Fox News was still on the air

Garbage *** channel/network

Faux is comedy. I have a love hate relationship with it. The way they completely ignore stories or cover what they want to, disregard everything else. Now Hillary is tearing apart the Democratic Party. MSNBC and CNN will be talking about the latest dumb thing Orangy does, and they will talk about Bengazi. Instead of Russia, they'll talk North Korea. It's like Men In Black, if we don't cover it, that means it didn't happen or is made up.

It's nice to watch in passing and see how they think. They're being brainwashed, while calling everything else fake news.

u must not follow enough broads on twitter :lol:

plennnnnty of these :lol:

She's half white but they conveniently like to leave that out. They just want to hate her. She's one of the few black sportscasters I see who actually rock her natural hair while a lot will straighten it or wear a bunch of wigs / weaves with straight hair.

Yeah, she complained about protests at the airport interrupting her flights. I'd complain too if I just wanted to get home cuz traveling and airports suck.

She's half white but they conveniently like to leave that out. They just want to hate her. She's one of the few black sportscasters I see who actually rock her natural hair while a lot will straighten it or wear a bunch of wigs / weaves with straight hair.

Yeah, she complained about protests at the airport interrupting her flights. I'd complain too if I just wanted to get home cuz traveling and airports suck.

You really think that is all Sage Steele has done?

I hope this dude just playing dumb :lol:

I don't post stuff I don't mean. Just because I don't agree with everyone doesn't make it dumb. I thought we were able to think for ourselves but maybe that's not allowed anymore and everyone has to agree.

Back
Top Bottom