issues in the white community...

4,393
246
Joined Jun 6, 2006
Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

I guess ham city speaks for the entire board.

Cool bro. I'm just glad I got to give some delusional members on this board a reality check

White privilege = make believe.

Get a good work ethic, some drive, and determination and you wont have to cry about @@$@%@ holding you down when in reality your holding yourself back


and who are you speaking for when you say "white privilege does not exist" ???

Oh wait, that would be ignorant adolescents who've just begun to develop the intellectual capacity to even perceive the world outside of their tiny little bubble.

Stay in school son, maybe read a book or two while you're at it.
, it is pretty funny when "minorities" complain about white privilege, yet know nothing about being white; yet, are quick to tell whites they know nothing about the experiences of "minorities."

The ignorance of NT is amazing.  and when all else fails, throw a few insults, accuse someone of being a racist, problem solved.
 
7,138
1,149
Joined Aug 23, 2003
Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

I guess ham city speaks for the entire board.

Cool bro. I'm just glad I got to give some delusional members on this board a reality check

White privilege = make believe.

Get a good work ethic, some drive, and determination and you wont have to cry about @@$@%@ holding you down when in reality your holding yourself back


and who are you speaking for when you say "white privilege does not exist" ???

Oh wait, that would be ignorant adolescents who've just begun to develop the intellectual capacity to even perceive the world outside of their tiny little bubble.

Stay in school son, maybe read a book or two while you're at it.
, it is pretty funny when "minorities" complain about white privilege, yet know nothing about being white; yet, are quick to tell whites they know nothing about the experiences of "minorities."

The ignorance of NT is amazing.  and when all else fails, throw a few insults, accuse someone of being a racist, problem solved.
Ignorance is a common trait in all races. At least we have that in common.
 
2,155
490
Joined Oct 12, 2011
Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

I guess ham city speaks for the entire board.

Cool bro. I'm just glad I got to give some delusional members on this board a reality check

White privilege = make believe.

Get a good work ethic, some drive, and determination and you wont have to cry about @@$@%@ holding you down when in reality your holding yourself back
You need to take a sociology class, bro
I think hes the same dude that said his friends let him say the "n-word" 

Just let the young man cook these unhealthy dishes of nonsense 
I've seen you rise up in post count on NT and this is one of the best things you've ever said 
 

hermosa beach

Banned
83
10
Joined May 1, 2012
Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

I guess ham city speaks for the entire board.

Cool bro. I'm just glad I got to give some delusional members on this board a reality check

White privilege = make believe.

Get a good work ethic, some drive, and determination and you wont have to cry about @@$@%@ holding you down when in reality your holding yourself back


and who are you speaking for when you say "white privilege does not exist" ???

Oh wait, that would be ignorant adolescents who've just begun to develop the intellectual capacity to even perceive the world outside of their tiny little bubble.

Stay in school son, maybe read a book or two while you're at it.
, it is pretty funny when "minorities" complain about white privilege, yet know nothing about being white; yet, are quick to tell whites they know nothing about the experiences of "minorities."

The ignorance of NT is amazing.  and when all else fails, throw a few insults, accuse someone of being a racist, problem solved.
 
4,393
246
Joined Jun 6, 2006
Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by HAM CITY



and who are you speaking for when you say "white privilege does not exist" ???

Oh wait, that would be ignorant adolescents who've just begun to develop the intellectual capacity to even perceive the world outside of their tiny little bubble.

Stay in school son, maybe read a book or two while you're at it.
, it is pretty funny when "minorities" complain about white privilege, yet know nothing about being white; yet, are quick to tell whites they know nothing about the experiences of "minorities."

The ignorance of NT is amazing.  and when all else fails, throw a few insults, accuse someone of being a racist, problem solved.
Ignorance is a common trait in all races. At least we have that in common.
Sir, I completely agree with you.

That comment was more directed at NT in general.  Some posters that just happen to be part of  "minorities" on NT seem to think they have it all figured out.  But reading a lot of these race threads, you can tell these certain individuals can't even see their own prejudices.

With all that said... almost everything I have posted in this thread is a facetious  way of saying exactly what you just posted.
 
1,206
10
Joined Jun 29, 2009
Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Denying white privilege exists only empowers it. It's no different than denying male privilege, sexism or racism.

Somebody embed
http://www.youtube.com/wa...BYIkI2aA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/wa...jvFNOwmc&feature=related

@ I'm not white and know nothing about being white therefore I can not complain about white privilege.
It's funny that those video are from a guy who comes from the Jewish circle. A circle who many would argue controls U.S Economy, Politics, and Media. 


I've heard a lot of explanations of "white privilege" but the tracing your roots one is new to me. 

Let me entertain that thought for a second. You're making a limitation that you believe only African-Americans have and turning it into something that White people have exclusively. Did you forget about Asian and Latino people when you came to that conclusion? What about those in Africa that can trace their roots? Even if an American can trace their roots back to Europe that doesn't mean it's completely accurate either. With all the wars, burning of historical documents, stealing culture that's been going on there since forever, it's pretty much impossible for most to know where they're truly from. 
 

|A-Man|

formerly atgd7154xbbxmz
17,349
2,011
Joined Jan 5, 2011
Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Denying white privilege exists only empowers it. It's no different than denying male privilege, sexism or racism.

Somebody embed
http://www.youtube.com/wa...BYIkI2aA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/wa...jvFNOwmc&feature=related

@ I'm not white and know nothing about being white therefore I can not complain about white privilege.
It's funny that those video are from a guy who comes from the Jewish circle. A circle who many would argue controls U.S Economy, Politics, and Media. 


I've heard a lot of explanations of "white privilege" but the tracing your roots one is new to me. 

Let me entertain that thought for a second. You're making a limitation that you believe only African-Americans have and turning it into something that White people have exclusively. Did you forget about Asian and Latino people when you came to that conclusion? What about those in Africa that can trace their roots? Even if an American can trace their roots back to Europe that doesn't mean it's completely accurate either. With all the wars, burning of historical documents, stealing culture that's been going on there since forever, it's pretty much impossible for most to know where they're truly from. 
Just because I specifically used black ppl as an example by bringing up slavery does not mean that  specific problem does not exist for other ethnicities/nationalities in a completely different way than the way I framed my example.

If you're questioning validity or credibility of tracing your roots due to circumstance then yeah where one truly comes from may become much more difficult. However, that is not the case for the majority. I'm not at all arguing accuracy cuz quite frankly I can't even get to that point to question that.

I should be clear that me bringing up tracing your roots was completely separate from the issue of white privilege. I mean so far we have not even really talked about white privilege since there are ppl that won't even admit it is real, denying it even exists and calling it a myth that lazy, undetermined, minorities use as a crutch because they don't work hard.
 
833
16
Joined Mar 24, 2005
Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

which history? real history or that bull ##@$ christopher columbus nonsense they feed you in school?

You sound like you never made it out of high school.

Genghis Khan and the Mongols conquered Asia, most of Europe and a little bit of Russia. He's the only person to ever conquer Russia if I'm not mistaken. 

Ottoman Empire conquered damn near every country in Europe and Asia. 

Greek, Roman, and Ancient Egypt empires all had slaves. 

On a sidenote, I didn't even know slavery is at all time high NOW. That's disgusting. Estimated that there's 12- 35 million people. 
Originally Posted by Peep Game

How is it "ridiculous" and a "low blow"? That's...what actually happens.
How is it not a low blow? You are stating as a fact, the only way a white person can celebrate their culture and history is to put down other races. It's very easy to make this same case against a lot of other races because it's completely idiotic, untrue and GENERAL. It's just that you have a negative attitude about white people so you will see anything in a negative light to re-enforce it.
How would a "first world white guy" NOT share some if not all of the problems as a "first world x race"? 

What first world problems do you assume every race has but not white people? On the flip side, what problems do you think arise ONLY for white people and not the others?

Not to create any issue but I do notice in any "race" besides "white" skin complexion is a huge issue. It may be out there for white people but I've never heard or seen it.

Truuuu
 
1,782
205
Joined Jan 26, 2009
For white males, the main problem is the difficulty of being hired when matched up with other races with similar education/experience. Rather than choose the best candidate, oftentimes hiring the white guy is the last resort because it "looks good on the company" to hire someone of color. It's reverse racism.
 

|A-Man|

formerly atgd7154xbbxmz
17,349
2,011
Joined Jan 5, 2011
Wait, if it's intended for minorities why would it even be an option for a white person? Are there not a ton of other non-minority intended scholarships to apply for? I'm not about to take issue with a Native American/Indigenous people scholarship I can't apply for so why should you?

As far as affirmative action, there's a reason it was created (you know that thing some ppl are claiming is a myth) and why it's still upheld in certain work places.
 
642
10
Joined Jan 23, 2006
curious, does white privilege exist only in the African American community? Or do other minorities acknowledge this as well? (serious question and excuse me if I sound ignorant)

my friends sometimes joke about how easy white people have it (mexican, asian, middle eastern, African American). they only do so in a jokingly way, but they all seem to be relatively succesful in their job careers. (actuaries, finance managers, some are in grad school for various things)
 
2,187
418
Joined Aug 8, 2009
Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by Sellout

Why is it that almost any race can show pride in their ethnicity and they are culturally empowered, but when a "white" person show's pride in their race they are considered racist?
Because white people, historically, have never been judged because of their race...in many cases they have capitalized because of their race.

Black people need to show a little more pride in their culture, community, and race because we have actually gone through historical struggles and equality imbalances and we are still on the "come-up."
It's sad to say but white people (generally) are on a higher level than other races. Showing pride for them is almost like "bragging."
You can't be serious...
OK...maybe I used the wrong choice of words but come on.
Take two people with the same qualities, same education and same experiences, and in most cases White People have the edge because of their skin color
 
2,187
418
Joined Aug 8, 2009
hongcouver604 wrote:

But white people in the USreceive the most amount in public aid dollars - I'm talking about welfare, medicaid, food stamps, disability benefits, all the other entitlement programs etc.  The majority of the top 1% and people in power are white people, but let's not sit here and act like all white people are living a higher quality of life than the rest

It's just ridiculous how they feel the need to impose and stick their noses into something they know nothing about, something they will never get to experience.  Some even claim that racism doesn't exist anymore
.[font=arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif][/font]  Need to stop living life in a bubble. 

This statement is a poor argument.
No beef, but I think you, sir, are living in a bubble.

You do know that there are about 4X as many white than blacks in this country, right? They are the majority of the US population so that actually makes sense that they receive the most amount of dollars in welfare, etc.
 
776
176
Joined Sep 3, 2010
Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

White privlidge is a make believe term

I wish I could benifit from some of it if it really did exist. My life sucks
it's so ingrained in american society that most white people are completely oblivious to it
white people are accustomed to turning on the television, or looking in a magazine and seeing people of their own race represented all the time.  white people are accustomed to learning about history in school, and being shown people of their own color that made civilization what it is.  all of these things are standard in this society

most white people don't even understand the concept of racism.  they think that racism is BET, or black history month, or affirmative action.  

the fact is, the largest beneficiaries of affirmative action, are white women.
 

|A-Man|

formerly atgd7154xbbxmz
17,349
2,011
Joined Jan 5, 2011
Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

So....issues in the white community are that black people still have a chip on their shoulder. Some people (white, black, brown, etc.) are just gonna be bitter because theyd rather blame others for their lack of success and happiness than look in the mirror at the REAL problem. That cartoon is ridiculous btw- i wonder who made that......
I don't understand how we're all in here talking about various issues (cuz lets be honest this got off topic a while ago) and when we bring up these issues instead of discussing them all I'm seeing in response is that those ppl are bitter, have a chip on their shoulder, crying about a myth, ignorant, act like they got it all figured out, are blaming others, complaining, lazy, not determined, etc.

It's hard for me to take that kind of reaction seriously. It makes me think these things brought up are true and are facts cuz nobody is doing any of the things ppl are accusing them of. I haven't seen any bitter posts. Cuz somebody says something exists they're complaining about it? I mean never mind that we can't even get past what we're talking about is a real thing since some ppl refuse to admit it's a real thing but I haven't seen anybody in here blame white ppl for a situation where they did not reach success or happiness.

Posts like yours let me know instead of discussing the current topic you'd rather assume and/or accuse ppl of being this one thing to make you feel better about the topic. "Oh black ppl talking about white privilege? They must be bitter and lack work ethic and need someone to blame" I mean if I say racism exists am I bitter cuz I can state that fact and defend that it does exist? That's the point we're at? This is what it's come to for some of yall? Can't even talk about something without being labeled every negative or con and I must be using this issue as a cover for w/e shortcomings I have.

I mean what if a black person or minority member posting in this thread hasn't been a victim of white privilege or racism does that mean it doesn't exist? It's like yall are saying if I was the opposite of all those things your bringing up then I too would think it's a myth. Are yall that guilty? or do yall seriously feel that targeted about it? or are you just dismissive of the thing altogether so you look for an alternative reason to excuse yourself from the discussion? So if I believe it's real that must mean I'm blaming you for my problems?

How twisted is that?

*Goes back to watching Get On The Bus; scene with Richard Belzer*
 
2,084
305
Joined Aug 28, 2003
Originally Posted by DEpast

For white males, the main problem is the difficulty of being hired when matched up with other races with similar education/experience. Rather than choose the best candidate, oftentimes hiring the white guy is the last resort because it "looks good on the company" to hire someone of color. It's reverse racism.
That's because the company is already filled with other white males/females of similar background. While that minority will most likely be one of only a handful that has ever been hired by the company. Also more times than not that minority is the best candidate.
There's a big difference between a racial issue and a social issue. Many in here are describing social issues of poor whites, while ignoring the historical reasons why poor whites were made to be seen as separate and superior to poor blacks. Simple divide and conquer tactics that were perpetrated by the elite for over a century and championed by the middle class. Now that the veil has been lifted over the life of true despair that they live, the absurdity that social issues are now racial issues are screamed from the highest mountain top.

The problem is that we're all paying for the sins of the past. We are all struggling for the American dream and some among us won't accept or even acknowledge that the reason things are as they lay is because their ancestors were duped. Now when they look around and say to themself you're middle class, I'm middle class ... you scored a 2000, I scored a 2050 you have a 3.5, I have a 3.5 so why is it you can get X while I can only go to Y ... why do you get 20 grand when I can only get 10 grand .... We're both equals so why is it because you're black/brown/blue/red you're getting more ....................... Divide and Conquer
 
427
38
Joined Feb 2, 2008
Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by DEpast

For white males, the main problem is the difficulty of being hired when matched up with other races with similar education/experience. Rather than choose the best candidate, oftentimes hiring the white guy is the last resort because it "looks good on the company" to hire someone of color. It's reverse racism.
That's because the company is already filled with other white males/females of similar background. While that minority will most likely be one of only a handful that has ever been hired by the company. Also more times than not that minority is the best candidate.
There's a big difference between a racial issue and a social issue. Many in here are describing social issues of poor whites, while ignoring the historical reasons why poor whites were made to be seen as separate and superior to poor blacks. Simple divide and conquer tactics that were perpetrated by the elite for over a century and championed by the middle class. Now that the veil has been lifted over the life of true despair that they live, the absurdity that social issues are now racial issues are screamed from the highest mountain top.

The problem is that we're all paying for the sins of the past. We are all struggling for the American dream and some among us won't accept or even acknowledge that the reason things are as they lay is because their ancestors were duped. Now when they look around and say to themself you're middle class, I'm middle class ... you scored a 2000, I scored a 2050 you have a 3.5, I have a 3.5 so why is it you can get X while I can only go to Y ... why do you get 20 grand when I can only get 10 grand .... We're both equals so why is it because you're black/brown/blue/red you're getting more ....................... Divide and Conquer
lolwut? Explain this while not sounding like it was one of the most idiotic things ever uttered. Don't worry, I'll wait.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now