It has finally arrived Vol. Alienware M11x

2,821
17
Joined Apr 8, 2003
I ordered the Alienware M11x on the day it realesed.  Finally received it.  It's about the size of an Acer Aspire One, but with a much better GPU.  CPU is kind of weak(SU7300), but I have it overclocked right now.  Runs most games at playable FPS aside from CPU intense games.  Yes I know cool story bro.  Anyways Enjoy the pics.
 

wj4

13,063
2,315
Joined Jul 6, 2002
Why do you have quite a few laptops?

I'm not a computer junkie so when I asked an ex co worker who is an avid gamer "what's Alienware"...dude was about to have a heart attack.
 
17,270
2,353
Joined Mar 14, 2006
I want an Alienware laptop w/ the i7mobile processor but they make Apple products look inexspensive
 
7,449
3,669
Joined Dec 3, 2007
What exactly is this Alienware?

I mean, I see it is a computer but why is it better--which is what I believe you seem to be implying.


...
 
8,980
2,881
Joined Oct 14, 2008
If you want a name brand gaming computer plz get a northwest falcon.

I had an alienware. Hard drive fried 3 times. Motherboard fried 2 times. Now granted they fixed everything all 5 times without a problem while it was under warranty. Their products are subpar from my experience and from the experiences of a few friends.
 
14,870
3,811
Joined May 25, 2001
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I want an Alienware laptop w/ the i7mobile processor but they make Apple products look inexspensive
Cheapest you can catch those even on eBay is like 1800$ But that Alienware M11x is still a netbook to me, just one with a GPU so it can play nerd games but it has a crappy CPU so some benefit is lost.

I'm waiting for that Samsung R580 from Best Buy (it's online now for preorder). I don't know Samsung's rep in terms of laptops but just looking at it in terms of a specs to hardware to price perspective, you get an i5, 1gb ddr3 gpu, 15.6 led, and Blu Ray drive for under 8 bills and Bing cashback is at 10% so basically offsets tax. Plus there's a 17.3 inch version that was already out and it got good reviews.

looks nice, but whats the difference between this and other laptops?

This is just a bigger netbook (11.6) that has a dedicated graphics card so it can play games like World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, and the CPU is better than the Intel Atom most netbooks have, but still isn't Core 2 duo either.
 
14,778
4,054
Joined May 26, 2003
Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I want an Alienware laptop w/ the i7mobile processor but they make Apple products look inexspensive
Cheapest you can catch those even on eBay is like 1800$ But that Alienware M11x is still a netbook to me, just one with a GPU so it can play nerd games but it has a crappy CPU so some benefit is lost.

I'm waiting for that Samsung R580 from Best Buy (it's online now for preorder). I don't know Samsung's rep in terms of laptops but just looking at it in terms of a specs to hardware to price perspective, you get an i5, 1gb ddr3 gpu, 15.6 led, and Blu Ray drive for under 8 bills and Bing cashback is at 10% so basically offsets tax. Plus there's a 17.3 inch version that was already out and it got good reviews.

looks nice, but whats the difference between this and other laptops?
This is just a bigger netbook (11.6) that has a dedicated graphics card so it can play games like World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, and the CPU is better than the Intel Atom most netbooks have, but still isn't Core 2 duo either.



That may be the move for real But I may cop that sony still its so Cool looking.......
 
14,870
3,811
Joined May 25, 2001
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...9748386&id=1218166152252 Don't you work at Best Buy? WHen are yall supposed to be getting these in stock? BTW I misspoke, 512mb gpu

I agree though, Sony and Asus (they look alike) both have the sexiest i5 and i7 laptops. Then Asus has the beastly looking Republic of Gamers ones with even more beastly specs though for about 1500$


ASUS G73JH-A2 17.3" Notebook

Manufacturer: ASUS
Model: G73JH-A2, SKU: G73JH-A2, Store ID: EX595464

Condition: New
Availability: Pre-order (ETA: Mar 11, 2010)
Warranty: 2 Year (Global)

ASUS G73JH-A2 Intel Quad Core i7-720QM (1.60GHz) Processor, 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display, 8GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory, 1TB (500GB 7200RPM x 2) Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi Drive, ATi HD5870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
14,778
4,054
Joined May 26, 2003
Originally Posted by DatZNasty

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...9748386&id=1218166152252 Don't you work at Best Buy? WHen are yall supposed to be getting these in stock? BTW I misspoke, 512mb gpu

I agree though, Sony and Asus (they look alike) both have the sexiest i5 and i7 laptops. Then Asus has the beastly looking Republic of Gamers ones with even more beastly specs though for about 1500$


ASUS G73JH-A2 17.3" Notebook

Manufacturer: ASUS
Model: G73JH-A2, SKU: G73JH-A2, Store ID: EX595464

Condition: New
Availability: Pre-order (ETA: Mar 11, 2010)
Warranty: 2 Year (Global)

ASUS G73JH-A2 Intel Quad Core i7-720QM (1.60GHz) Processor, 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display, 8GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory, 1TB (500GB 7200RPM x 2) Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi Drive, ATi HD5870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Samsung Sent us some ad stuff for the Laptop but we probably wouldnt have it for sale until an upcoming sunday, we do have a BEAST HP for 599 right now instore only
 
5,491
13
Joined Jul 24, 2007
Originally Posted by Biggie62

If you want a name brand gaming computer plz get a northwest falcon.

I had an alienware. Hard drive fried 3 times. Motherboard fried 2 times. Now granted they fixed everything all 5 times without a problem while it was under warranty. Their products are subpar from my experience and from the experiences of a few friends.
This was before or after Dell acquired Alienware?
If it was after, I think I know why that happened?
 
2,821
17
Joined Apr 8, 2003
Originally Posted by Biggie62

If you want a name brand gaming computer plz get a northwest falcon.

I had an alienware. Hard drive fried 3 times. Motherboard fried 2 times. Now granted they fixed everything all 5 times without a problem while it was under warranty. Their products are subpar from my experience and from the experiences of a few friends.

Why would I pay 2k+ for a paint job? I don't get how a HDD would fry? I'll tell you this, I didn't choose alienware for the name brand. My desktop I build myself because money wise its not worth to buy an alienware, but when it comes to laptops alienware is on point. Their M17x chassis is one of the best right now and the cooling on the laptops is second to none. I can run crysis on high and temp levels will stay well below danger levels.- innovazn2 I paid a little over $750 with dell EPP discount and stackable coupons.- I don't mess with asus for sole reason of their cooling. I've owned a G51 and it got pretty hot, granted its a 15" laptop so room is the issue when it comes to ventilation. Also the build quality on an asus is crap. They mainly use hard plastic.-DatzNasty it is a core2duo but a low wattage one. And yep you're correct its a garbage cpu, but oh well its not causing the system to bottle neck so I'm ok with it. It's just a computer I can carry around and do some light gaming on.
 
Top Bottom