It Is Time To Quit Smoking VOL. Don't Die Over Cigs

Originally Posted by wj4

I never got the point of smoking. You're paying for a carcinogenic product. Being able to resist peer pressure FTW.
Agreed. I have never had the urge to smoke cigs, cigars, or even weed.

so.. what's good with us "other" smokers.. how bad does that effect us?

oh and i "smoke" everyday..

this is my day 3 cigarette free, and i been on the patches my job gave me. I tried and failed many times cold turkey, and these seem to keep my mind off them.I still chief, but thats not as often.

My motivation is not smelling like smoke, being able to hoop, and cancer.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

so.. what's good with us "other" smokers.. how bad does that effect us?

oh and i "smoke" everyday..
start vaping and there aint really @*@+ anybody can tell you far as it being harmful

Best way to quit is to:

1. Stop drinking out.
Ddrinking usually leads to that craving for a smoke (especially when you at a bar and you got people lighting up outside)... just the smell of that delicioussmoke will cause you to say "%+#% it, i can burn just one"

2. Pick up a new habit/hobby.
Working out/eating healthier usually works because its a hobby/habit that will be contradicted if you smoke.(focusing on your health vs. smoking)

3. Don't give in.
When you wanna smoke you are gonna say to yourself "I'm just gonna do one to get through this (insert stressful situation or craving here). Nah,don't give in. Once you its a slippery path downhill.

4. Let your people know you are trying to quit AND YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT IT.
Peer pressure . Drug education taught you about this one. When your homies know you what you're trying to do it will make it easier to stay on track insocial situations.

5. Spend about 10-20 minutes each day googling articles on how smoking is bad.
There are even sites where people give testimonials about how smoking ruined their lives (father/mother dying. Going through cancer. Physical appearancediminished) Motivation motivation motivation.

yo i been trying to quit the reefer.... dont get me wrong i love smoking a joint every now and then but the swishers have done some damage to my lungs....ireally cut it down to maybe 1 blunt in two weeks...but its gotten to the point where that one blunt leaves me weezing the next morning...thinking about copinga vaporizer the volcano baby

My dad has been smoking for like 25 years and one day(a few months ago) just decided to stop smoking all together.
glasses.gif
He chews a lot of gum now. You guys can all quit, but only if you reallywant to.

10+ year smoker and I quit cold turkey at the beginning of the year. Probably the first new years resolution I have ever kept (so far) in my entire life. Goodluck dude.

A lot of people already hit on it, but what worked for me is finding that motivation to want to quit for yourself. If you dont want to do it, its not gonnawork. Your mind has to be fully committed to quitting. For me it was getting engaged and trying to get dead sexy for my wedding. I picked up a hobby (running)that somewhat required me to quit smoking. So far I've completed a 10K and a Half Marathon this year which is a huge achievement for someone like me,seeing as how I had never run more than 3 miles in a row at any given time in my entire life.

F quitting foreal. I quit for like 2 months but I just NEED something to smoke. I have some type of fixation, I like playing with the smoke.

I smoked hella bud, quit that, ambitions went to hell. Smoked cigars, not enough money in the bank for that everyday. SMoked black & milds, way toonasty/too much work. So i smoke cigs.

i smoke about once to twice a day at home but being in college def. doesn't help the addiction. stressful classes, midterms, finals, papers, etc. are akiller. during finals last quarter i went through about a pack a day pulling all nighters for damn near a week. on a normal basis i can keep my smoking to justafter eating but come week 10 and finals week, it's a wrap. also when we head out to parties and whatnot you all know how that goes

grandpa was a smoker and dad is a smoker, i guess that doesn't help. i gotta cut it down though.

blah!

yo i been trying to quit the reefer.... dont get me wrong i love smoking a joint every now and then but the swishers have done some damage to my lungs....i really cut it down to maybe 1 blunt in two weeks...but its gotten to the point where that one blunt leaves me weezing the next morning...thinking about coping a vaporizer the volcano baby

yo realtalk, ive gone through so many sweets, now i just hit the roor and j's and save the l's for special occasions (don't get me wrong i wontpass one down but im tryna cut down as i used to even smoke 5/week on average)

thinking about investing in a volcano although ive never tried it, regular vape's give ya that diff high though.

day 2, no cigs. i'm not gonna lie i almost cheated at school. too many people walking around and puffing

yup AND IT FEELS DAMN GOOD to not smell, and i honestly feel like my lungs are repairing themselves. oh its hard but i can tell this time is the right time

Don't know if it was mentioned but try surrounding yourself around non-smokers. My buddy has been smoking since she was 14..just turned 25 a week ago. Whenaround me and others who don't smoke she admits its easier to resist lighting one up every 20 minutes..

My grandma only smoked briefly in her teenager days, now she has a tumor in her brain. fml

i stopped smoking back in sept 08. just stopped cold turkey and still haven't smoked. but i like smoking something else on the occasion and i don'tthink it's as bad as stogs.

my advice on quitting...it's about how bad you want it. if you have a weak mind from the start you will go nowhere. and once you are past like amonth...then 2 months...and 3 months...the longer you don't smoke the more it feels like it'll be a waste if you start again. so that helps as you keepresisting the temptations. after about 9 months...i don't even feel the temptation anymore even when i drink.

Back
Top Bottom