It looks like Houston is finally getting a Niketown

Sorry if is this is late
On Tuesday Feburary 27, 2007 ground will be broken on Houston Pavilions, a mixed use developement that will include
HOUSE OF BLUES
UNITED ARTIST 20-30 SCREENS
LUCKY STRIKE
COYOTE UGLY
HARD ROCK CAFE
YAO'S
MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY
CORNER BAKERY
MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS
LAWRY'S PRIME RIB
VIRGIN MEGA STORE
BARNES AND NOBLE
BANNANA REPUBLIC
GAP/BABY GAP
ANN TAYLOR
EXPRESS
VICTORIA'S SECRET
NIKETOWN
FOREVER 21
BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES
BCBG
They will formally announce this tomorrow so watch the local news again delete this if im late

bout time.... I hope it's in a good location...
Wanted List:
Anything in a sz. 12

.TEAM .NIGERIA.​

i hope they put it uptown and not downtown
halliujah holla back!!

TEAM KING KOOPA

its about time. i always wondered why houston never had a niketown. even denver has a niketown for cryin out loud.

btw can a brotha get an application? :D
happy.gif

i THINK the development is on the north end of downtown, just south of 45 as it curves. it's a bit to the east of the aquarium.

^hey...i live in Denver...the reason why we have a Niketown is because Colorado is an outdoor state...including (running,hiking,skiing, boarding, and many other outdoor sports)....thats the reason Nike built one here in CO. Otherwise we would not have one...its technically demographics, but im happy we have one, we dont have many LS accounts around here...glad to hear you guys are getting one, theres only like 10-12 NIKETOWN's in the entire U.S.
F/S..PM me...Jordans I-XIV..mostly size 9...some 8.5 & 9.5
Jordan XIV last shot sz 9.5 w/box retro card..NDS $100 shipped...Jordan XIII black/red sz 9..w/box..used.. $100 shipped

I kept telling you guys it was coming. This has been in the work for a loooooooong time. Although it still wont be finished for quite some time. Its still a year and a half away :/

The Houston Pavillion is planned to open in October 2008. This is not
the construction in front of the George R. Brown Convention Center.
That is the new park that should open by end of this year. The Houston
Pavillion is a $200M project development with a total of about
700,000sqft. If you've ever been to Denver and visited their Denver
Pavillion then this is modeled similar to that but much larger. This
project will be a mixed commercial and residential project. Tomorrow is
the ground breaking ceremony.

Following is a list of restaurants, bars and stores that have committed
to the project.

ANN TAYLOR
BARNES AND NOBLE
BANNANA REPUBLIC
BCBG
BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES
CORNER BAKERY
COYOTE UGLY :wow:
eek.gif

ESPNZONE :wow:
eek.gif

EXPRESS
FOREVER 21
GAP/BABY GAP
HARD ROCK CAFE
HOUSE OF BLUES :wow:
eek.gif

LAWRY'S PRIME RIB
LUCKY STRIKE
MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY
MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS
NIKETOWN :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

UNITED ARTIST MOVIE THEATER (20-30 SCREENS) :wow:
eek.gif
www.houstonpavilions.com/home.php#www.houstonpavilions.com/...ntent.html
Reppin H-Town, TX on NT since 2001

^yup...our Denver Pavilions is designed exactly like what is stated...we have all those department stores and United Artists theather, Maggianos, Gap, Coyote Ugly, Lucky Strike Bowling Alley....etc....yall gonna love it!...cause i do..
happy.gif

F/S..PM me...Jordans I-XIV..mostly size 9...some 8.5 & 9.5
Jordan XIV last shot sz 9.5 w/box retro card..NDS $100 shipped...Jordan XIII black/red sz 9..w/box..used.. $100 shipped

sryan..??.. i coulda thought you had a different usernameoh well i guess it really doesn't matter

I hate to burst you're collective bubbles, but its not going to be a Niketown per say. They're not building any more Niketowns. What it probably is is whats called a My Nike store, which is a smaller nike retail location thats more centralized to specific sport categories. I'm not sure what exactly this means, but I'm guessing its a store that would only carry like mens and womens running stuff, and basketball stuff, or something to that effect. (This all came from an extremely reliable source BTW)

Niketowns, outside of the big ones(Chicago, NY, LA, SF) aren't all they're hyped up to be anyways. If you've ever been to one of the smaller NT's you'd know that they don't get much outside of GR type stuff, so if you've got a boutique that you get your shoes at, its really not too much different from that stuff. The only advantage to an NT is the Jordan LS account that they all basically have.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

I didn't think or believe that an actual NT would be constructed. Better than nothing I guess.
"Where'd you get those?"- Bobbito Garcia

Quote:
Niketowns, outside of the big ones(Chicago, NY, LA, SF) aren't all they're hyped up to be anyways.
TEAM DIRTY
Cause we get them Dirty deals
member #3

I think our NT will be just like our outlets, terrible

I HOPE I'm wrong tho
If money didn't change you, YOU'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH!!!

Nike Town Smike Town.
We already get most of the stuff most Nike Towns get anyways, other than the bulk of accessories and clothing.
I dont care what the name is, its all about the merchandise, amount of stock, and prices.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

Reppin H-Town, TX on NT since 2001

Cosign wit Kadoma...

I can't wait... We've needed this for a long time now...

Jordan Cool Grey III's sz. 12 for $200 shipped or B/O!!! PM me for details...

.TEAM .NIGERIA.​

we just have to wait and see but im excited about the news.
TEAM KING KOOPA

LaDainianTomlinson06-07NFL MVP

the houston pavillions is like a block away from the galleria where like cafe annie is and eatz' or w.e there tearing down that shopping strip its where hermes is im pretty sure AIEEEEE

houston.bizjournals.com/h...ily65.html

"The three-block project bounded by Dallas, Polk, Main and Caroline in downtown Houston will contain 360,000 square feet of retail space and 200,000 square feet of office space."

it's about a block north and three blocks west of toyota center, not in the galleria area

I'm happy to hear the news because there is no reason that the fourth largest city in the U.S.A. should not have some sort of Nike representation besides a nike outlet store in Conroe. I love the boutiques and active athletes as well as anyone else but as big of a consumer of nike products (especially) Jordans as Houston is it is about time.

Back
Top Bottom