IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Ok gotcha, I just feel like after he jumped out the wall the projector thing was obsolete *shrugs*

Even if I really enjoy a movie I never want to see the movie twice but this is def one I wouldnt mind seeing again.

When I play with my kids I find myself trying to do the Pennywise voice when he meets Georgie randomly with my kids lol... post movie its hilarious to me for some reason, but of course watching the movie my reaction to that scene was the total opposite. Its really odd I have such an affinity for it now.

Yeah in the book they get deeper about why he's like that.

I don't understand why they killed him off though. He plays a big role in part. 2 . I feel like they're going to change a lot for this next movie.
Should've been an end credit scene with him climbing out the well :lol:

Finally saw this last night. Richie brought the lols, I still hate clowns, enjoyable film and will go back to see part 2. 6.6/8

Saw it tonight. Went by myself. Only 4 couples in the theater besides me. The couple behind me whispered the whole time and would not shut up. Drives me nuts man.

Anyways, movie was pretty good. Didn't exactly live up to the hype that I encountered but it was still enjoyable. Richie was hilarious. A little too much Pennywise than what I was expecting. I thought they would have kept the physical interaction between him and the kids a little more subtle. But I never read the book, so maybe that's just the way it's supposed to be. I might re-watch the 1990 version just for the hell of it. The town center and the hill looks very similar to the OG version. Wonder if they were both filmed in the same location.

I saw the OG movie when it was released and then just reached the OG this past weekend, and it wasn't nearly as scary as I remember and was quite corny to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed this new one much more ...y'all go back and watch the OG, Pennywise wasn't nearly as scary as this new adaptation.

Movie was disappointing but it was as funny as I thought it was gonna be after seeing the previews. Glad I watched it for free tho

Pennywise ate a baby

had a scene that was just too disturbing to make it to the big screen, and it's not the young teen orgy scene that you're thinking of. The movie is now the highest grossing R-rated horror movie of all time as well as the highest earning Stephen King adaptationand the fastest grossing movie for a September opening. If that weren't enough, ITwould have probably been a contender for the most disturbing scene in a horror movie had it kept the original scene in where Pennywise the dancing clown munches on a baby.

Before the big screen adaptation of IT hit theaters, Pennywise actor, Bill Skarsgard, talked about a scene that was cut from the movie that was "really, really disturbing." Skarsgard said that the scene was a flashback to the 1600s before Pennywise was Pennywise. The actor had this to say.

"The scene turned out really, really disturbing. And I'm not the clown. I look more like myself. It's very disturbing, and sort of a backstory for what IT is, or where Pennywise came from."
As it turns out, Bill Skarsgard didn't go into details about what made the scene so disturbing, but the script for IT has been leaked and we now know why. It is important to note that this scene may very well end up in IT 2, so you have been warned of a potential spoiler.

Actor Timothy Simons (Veep) recently revealed that he tried out for the part of Pennywise on the Throwing Shade podcast, which led to the host, Bryan Safi, to read a portion of the leaked script on a recent episode. It isn't clear how the script became available, but it is official. The aforementioned scene can be read in its entirety from Reddit and as Bill Skarsgard said, it's really, really disturbing and even more so after seeing the movie.

The Pennywise origin scene would have shown the clown before he was the clown, without the makeup, as Bill Skarsgard mentioned, but it also would have had Pennywise eating a baby. The script reads.

"She's shaking, doesn't want to let go. Behind her, the Door OPENS. A Little Boy, 6, asks, 'Mama?' ABIGAIL, 'NO! OUT! NOW!' Frightened by his mother, the Boy runs. Abigail turns back to Pennywise. Wherever he may be now in the room. The light somehow seems to spin faster now. She kisses her baby and sets it down. It BAWLS. ABIGAIL, 'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...'"
The scene is already pretty vivid and before Pennywise came into the scene, he was trying to figure out which form to appear as. The next portion of the deleted scene from IT is highly disturbing, so you have been warned. The script continues.

"She turns away from the baby. Faces those dying embers. We keep on her face as they seem to begin GLOWING BRIGHTER AS, OVER HER SHOULDER, OUT OF FOCUS...Pennywise crawls over to the Baby and starts to feast. SHARP CRY FROM THE BABY CUT OFF as we hear a CRUNCH. Abigail continues to look into the BRIGHT ORANGE GLOW of not the flickering fire...But the DEADLIGHTS. Her expression changing. Fear. Denial. Grief. Acceptance. And then nothing. Just a glazed look."

You can check out the rest of the scene via Reddit, which gives more of an introduction to this cut moment

Jessica Chastain in Talks to Star in ‘It’ Sequel
Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star in New Line’s “It” sequel as the adult version of Beverly, sources tell Variety.

Director Andy Muschietti is back to direct. Gary Dauberman will pen the script. Beverly was played by Sophia Lillis in the 2017 horror hit.

Sources stress that negotiations are early and that the script is still being worked on, but both sides have officially begun discussing her coming on to the project. Bill Skarsgard is also expected to return as Pennywise. The sequel will bow on Sept. 6, 2019, with production expected to start this summer.

Chastain has been linked to the sequel for some time following its monster opening weekend, as the Muschiettis mentioned her in an interview with Variety as a top choice to play adult Beverly in the sequel. Rumors even surfaced of a post-credits scene in which Chastain could have made a cameo, though that never came to fruition.

Another layer to the rumors: Chastain has worked with Muschietti before, having starred in his first studio hit, “Mama.”
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/jessica-chastain-it-sequel-beverly-1202703189/

tenor.gif

dude would need to do a complete physical transformation in order to appear like an adult version of any of those kids

James McAvoy, Bill Hader in Talks for ‘It: Chapter 2’
With Jessica Chastain officially on board “It: Chapter 2,” New Line has now begun to zero in on who will play the rest of the Losers Club with James McAvoy and Bill Hader in talks to join the next installment.

Sources tell Variety that McAvoy is in talks for the role of Bill, who was played by Jaeden Lieberher in the first pic, while Hader is in talks for the role of Richie, which was played by Finn Wolfhard in the last film. As previously announced, Chastain will play Beverly.

Director Andy Muschietti is back to direct, with Gary Dauberman penning the script.

Sources stress that negotiations are early and that the script is still being worked on, but both sides have officially begun discussing her coming on to the project. Bill Skarsgard is also expected to return as Pennywise. The sequel will bow on Sept. 6, 2019, with production expected to start this summer.
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/james-mcavoy-and-bill-hader-it-sequel-1202749616/

Didn’t Finn say he wanted Hader to play adult him? That’s pretty cool if it happens

I’m cool with Hader being casted but really don’t see McAvoy as Bill at all. Plus, Hader has never really been a leading actor, always a supporting role. I’m not really sure who I’d cast as Bill but definitely not McAvoy.

Also I’m really hoping part 2 has a darker tone. I still love the 2017 film, and it’s so much better than the 90’s made for TV film, but I realized the 90’s made for TV film had a much darker tone all the way around and am really hoping they can convey this in part 2.

Still need to finish the book that I started reading in September.... I don’t have much to go, I need to sit down and just finish it soon.

Back
Top Bottom