IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

I just don't feel its one of those movies where every minute of it is so good you want it to be longer.

For me, it was more so the joy of seeing these scenes come to life from the book. I want to see what else they filmed from the book. There’s A LOT of gnarly stuff that happens. That Adrian Mellon scene at the beginning could not have been more true to the source.

It was just alright.

Not a fan of all the CGI. The scares suffered a lot. Probably why they resorted to so many jump scares.

The Stephen King cameo :lol:

Was looking for more easter eggs in the pawn shop. I'm sure easter egg videos will be all over youtube soon.

No cosmic turtle either

Attempted to see this movie last night. Made it about 2 hours in before someone pulled the fire alarm and the theater was evacuated. It was a sold out show and everyone was bugging about it being an Aurora copycat so me and my friends dipped through an emergency exit and didn't look back. Pretty sure my $40 drink bill got comped for that though. :lol:

From what I saw, it was decent. Bill Hader was particularly good. I just felt the movie was way too formulaic/predictable. It was very "jumpy" horror, but you that scare gets taken away when you know something's about to go down. I'd probably go back and watch it again if the theater offered refunds on the tickets.

I like it but like everyone else said too long

Man that little girl under the bleachers scene, didn't see that happening

Did anyone else get End Game vibes?

Lol at me not being able to stop talking about it.

When I was a kid and I misbehaved, my dad (RIP) used to threaten me by telling me he’d tape my eyes open and force me to watch IT. I love the story.

Comically over-reliant on jump scares.

The cgi was too goofy during those and also they kept relying on the same misdirection scare - open the door/open the curtain to come find nothing there and then cut to pennywise actually being behind the person. #lowiq filmmaking.

The kids scenes did not work at all this time either.

The worms and legs popping out of the head out the refrigerator was kinda scary.

To me scariest movie or at least first half still goes to insidious 1.

Seen over the weekend and thought it was “decent” but I feel like they dropped the ball with the “jump scares” and overall creepiness of Pennywise. The first one will always be my favorite.

The kids didn’t work for me at all! You could tell the kid who played Eddie had a voiceover! Did anyone notice?? GAWD it was sooooooo bad!

I also mad we didn’t see the cosmic turtle but I understand why they left it out, probably the general audience would of been like “WTF is this?!”

Hopefully when the Supercut comes out it’ll be a lot better.

u9l19t69njl31.jpg

The worms and legs popping out of the head out the refrigerator was kinda scary.

To me scariest movie or at least first half still goes to insidious 1.
As cool as that was visually I couldn’t help but think they 100% ripped off that scene from The Thing, even the dialogue was the same with the “you gotta be ****ing kidding me.”

As cool as that was visually I couldn’t help but think they 100% ripped off that scene from The Thing, even the dialogue was the same with the “you gotta be ****ing kidding me.”
I haven’t seen that in a while, quite possibly

I’m pretty sure it was intentional and was paying homage to it. Could be wrong though.

was Richie gay in the first movie? I don’t remember any signs of him being gay. Did they just force that in this one?i mean I guess he did have them jokes to make it seem like he is more masculine. But didn’t feel like he ever loved Eddie.

Part 2 was trash. Way too long and the ending was wack. The first one was way better. Also does every movie nowadays have to include gay scenes and gay characters? Liberal Hollywood at it’s finest. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom