IT (The Clown) - Out September 8th

Gonna check this out this week or during the weekend.

I keep hearing people say the scares aren't scary....uh yeah, neither was part 1. Pennywise is a silly clown what did yall expect ?

IT was never scary imo. People saw it when they were kids and just held on to that memory.

Part 2 was trash. Way too long and the ending was wack. The first one was way better. Also does every movie nowadays have to include gay scenes and gay characters? Liberal Hollywood at it’s finest. Smh.

in terms of the gay hate crime scene , that’s straight out of the book. As far as Richie... it was weird but they never definitely said he was gay. Maybe he just loved Eddie as a friend and had a stronger bond with him ...who am I kidding, the audience was supposed to think he was.

Gonna check this out this week or during the weekend.

I keep hearing people say the scares aren't scary....uh yeah, neither was part 1. Pennywise is a silly clown what did yall expect ?

IT was never scary imo. People saw it when they were kids and just held on to that memory.

Yeah i hear u it was never scary to me either ...the iLL thing about it is the fact that he dressed as a clown he played on your fear of things in life ...which was unique

Part 2 was trash. Way too long and the ending was wack. The first one was way better. Also does every movie nowadays have to include gay scenes and gay characters? Liberal Hollywood at it’s finest. Smh.

I take it you haven't read the book or seen the original film adaptation from 1990. :lol:

Hope to see Chapter 2 one of these days, but if I just wait it out for an in-home viewing so be it (no pun).

I liked part 2

It was nice that they updated the older dated version

They went a bit overboard with the CGI though, a lot of stuff came off as cartoony and not scary, maybe gross

That scene was in the book. And King wrote that part because it was based on an actual hate crime that happened.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/22/it...9-884B-01BE4744363C&__twitter_impression=true

Yes I am sure liberal Hollywood just had to have......a hate crime against a gay couple shown on screen.

Can't handle seeing men kiss; dudes like you are too damn fragile. :lol:

12 year old train scene will never be adapted for the big or small screen and that's a good thing.
I seriously didn’t learn about that scene in the book until the remake

Saw the original when it aired though

Never read the book, anything over 1000 seems daunting

Just got around to watching It (2017)

- The only real ones were Mike + Bev + Richie + Eddie + Ben
- Stanley especially was wild frail with no backbone
- Great visuals and establishing backdrop

Last edited:
Watch chapter 1 on Netflix then went to the drive in to watch chapters 2

Started raining hard af, had to leave before it was over

Made it to the point they were collecting **** from their past

I liked it for the most part

It was more about the kids/adults than Pennywise. I didn't even find it that long.

The ending was anti climactic and too easy.

After the Mist, I try to catch anything with King’s name on it because I love movies that do not end well. That’s life.

So picture my disappointment when they just roasted the clown to death.

Even if the kids had to emerge victorious that was a terrible way to conclude 5+ hours across two films.

Enjoyed Chapter 2. It delivered witha nearly 3 hour movie. Obvious step down from chapter 1 but it is what it is.
Netflix should have acted on the success of Stranger things and banked this franchise as a mini series. Pointless to do it now.

Finally watched it today. I liked it, not as much as I liked the first one but it was a good ending imo.

Back
Top Bottom