ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

I just read the email Turbo tax sent me a few days ago.

My return was already accepted but IRS wont start processing until tomorrow.

Registration for the evo
New ball joints for the evo
New tires for the evo
Condoms.

Would i set off an audit alert if i "stretched" out how much my school expenses were :nerd: such as books, macbook, backpacks, ipads ans such?

prob not...your 2 thousand dollars isnt on the IRS's radar....just hope you dont get that random audit.

I'm not sure what's gunna happen this yr now that I have a daughter honestly... I don't make a lot of money on the books. Doubt I even hit 30k. Feels batman

Thk god I've always been entrepreneurial by nature. Anyway peeps tellin me I could stand to get a few racks back.... 3-5k

Can anyone claiming dependents comment?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's gunna happen this yr now that I have a daughter honestly... I don't make a lot of money on the books. Doubt I even hit 30k. Feels batman

Thk god I've always been entrepreneurial by nature. Anyway peeps tellin me I could stand to get a few racks back.... 3-5k

I don't have dependents, but you SHOULD be good my dude. you get several thousand for the kid if you're the one claiming him/her.

My boy has 4 kids, and gets 6-8k every year.

Especially since you have less than 30k on the books, the government will look at you as lower-middle class. You should be eligible for a boat load of stuff.

I'm single, no kids. I'll prob get back my standard 1-2,000. Going to LA in June and want a new apt so its going right to savings.

Look up the earned income tax credit on wikipedia

pm'ed

roll.gif

What a better alternative than Turbo Tax?

Last edited:
So.. someone wanna school me on what kind of school expenses I can claim? Would be nice to get a boost on my return.

Did a quick run-thru on TurboTax and it estimated 1.5k after only adding my W-2.. :pimp:

No doubt with your income and your daughter that you should be able to get back a nice piece of change. My wife has done it in the past and gotten back $2500-$3K.

Nothing really, I never get much since I claim myself, I usually see around $300 or around there. But if the timing is right, probably get the Knicks foams, def must cop being a knicks fan.

H&R block for me. Had a good experience with them last year and actually am already done, I am just waiting for tomorrow since that is the first day you can e-file them. Getting a pretty handsome return. Paying off car. Putting some in kids' savings. A new tattoo maybe and something for the wife. The remainder we are saving for next year as we plan on moving to a new house.

H&R block for me. Had a good experience with them last year and actually am already done, I am just waiting for tomorrow since that is the first day you can e-file them. Getting a pretty handsome return. Paying off car. Putting some in kids' savings. A new tattoo maybe and something for the wife. The remainder we are saving for next year as we plan on moving to a new house.

meh, idk about trusting a place thats only open half the year

Been working as an independent contractor the past year for a few marketing companies.. which means my mail box has been full of 1099 forms.

:frown:

Turbo Tax.

If I get anything back, into the savings account. Not really in a position to be splurging on material items unfortunately.

Last year I claimed my 2 kids and my gf who was staying with me and had no job. End result.... $7,000

This year since I've only been working at my current job 6 months and have the 2 kids I'm sure I'll come up big again.

I'll be taking the fam possibly to Atlantis or maybe to the beach for some fun. As always a pair of kicks that were un gettable but mainly put down for a car and a new spot to live. The rest shall go to savings for harsh times and possibly the World Cup!
8)

Back
Top Bottom