its official, NYC officials waging a war against cars VOL. eliminate free street parking

I moved to Dallas this year, It’s not the worst city. But once I get all my stuff back in order I plan on moving back to either LA or NY.

I’ve literally gone back to either city once a month or so on my off days to see family and friends, even if I gotta tolerate bum *** spirit airlines at times to do it on a budget resourceful way.

Was considering a future move to Dallas from NYC since real estate is way cheaper and the job market is growing. What makes you wanna leave Dallas?

Why should I care? Serious question

wait till congestion pricing effects goods u buy in NYC...da same trickling down effect of acting punitive against motorists will play out with you soon enough... luckily even Deblasio's dummkopf self thinks this floated idea is a non starter.

Last edited:
Was considering a future move to Dallas from NYC since real estate is way cheaper and the job market is growing. What makes you wanna leave Dallas?

For me it’s just more the convenience factor. I have more resources and a much bigger network friends and family wise in LA and NYC which means more opportunities for me.

Aside from that, the weather from June to late September is absolutely unbearable. Things are way too spread out over here. You gotta drive and commute damn near everywhere to do the most simplest of things whereas everything was within much more reasonable distance for me where I used to live. Plus having the beach close by me was solid as well.

Dallas is cool though. I’ve met some good people out here. In an ideal world, if I can cop a crib out here while prices are decent Id do it and rent it out. There are plenty of jobs available out here. Only drawback is the pay isn’t what it is in LA or NYC. Plus that right to work bs sucks as an employee. I make decent money, but I get that good old boys vibe feel at times when it comes to the hiring at some of the stuff out here.

Despite that, the cost of living has gone up out here in recent years. Still cheaper than other areas, but it’s gradually rising.

that’s a dirty move. i’m pretty sure that we don’t have any city and county parking spots that are metered around the clock.

For me it’s just more the convenience factor. I have more resources and a much bigger network friends and family wise in LA and NYC which means more opportunities for me.

Aside from that, the weather from June to late September is absolutely unbearable. Things are way too spread out over here. You gotta drive and commute damn near everywhere to do the most simplest of things whereas everything was within much more reasonable distance for me where I used to live. Plus having the beach close by me was solid as well.

Dallas is cool though. I’ve met some good people out here. In an ideal world, if I can cop a crib out here while prices are decent Id do it and rent it out. There are plenty of jobs available out here. Only drawback is the pay isn’t what it is in LA or NYC. Plus that right to work bs sucks as an employee. I make decent money, but I get that good old boys vibe feel at times when it comes to the hiring at some of the stuff out here.

Despite that, the cost of living has gone up out here in recent years. Still cheaper than other areas, but it’s gradually rising.

Dallas sucks though.

Eliminating street parking
Impliment congestion pricing
Bus lanes and bicycle lanes clogging up major traffic arteries.
Close rikers and put jails in everyone's neighborhood
Turning dwelings that were slated as low income housing into homeless shelters instead.
Bail reform- allow hardened criminals back on the streets even after commiting serious crimes.

These moves are calculated. Nothing is ever accidental. But what's the end game here?

My guess is Harlem, Williamsburg, Bushwick and Crown Heights have set the blueprint, and they want to do this on a larger city wide level.
People are fleeing in droves so the plan is working.

trash bout to get worse, another thread im bout to make is NYC eliminating free market private carting...gonna make alot of folks lose their jobs, and prices to skyrocket...and trash to overflow.

Dani's Pizza(Kew Gardens, Queens) Spumoni Gardens(Bklyn) New Park Pizza(Howard Beach, Queens) Gaby's Pizza(Hillside Ave, Queens) Pugsley Pizza(Bronx, NY) Best Pizza(Williamsburg, Brooklyn)
Lol u still referring people to gabys if u on hillside & franny lew u might as well just take a few extra minutes & go to 163rd on the ave ..thank me later guy

BC9208E8-C697-45A2-93B0-6E0AEC70D815.jpeg
88EE0937-BF4B-4CA3-ACFA-4E350BEBE3D2.jpeg

Thankfully we don't have this problem in Queens. Too many people/not enough space=Manhattan. And damn Kristine Johnson fine as hell
Dont be fooled with the “space” situation bro...parking gets critical in quite a few spots in queens (i just got a $45 ticket for parking in jamaica recently) ontop of the fact my girl (who lives in flushing /fresh meadows area) parking is a fight to the death that usually leads to me having to park 3-4 blocks away from her crib nightly

I wanna **** out of NYC but sadly every city is becoming the same everyone on their phones, which in turn makes everyone a bore. NYC is quiet now, like huh. It's weird.

Lol u still referring people to gabys if u on hillside & franny lew u might as well just take a few extra minutes & go to 163rd on the ave ..thank me later guy

BC9208E8-C697-45A2-93B0-6E0AEC70D815.jpeg
88EE0937-BF4B-4CA3-ACFA-4E350BEBE3D2.jpeg
Lol what's wrong with Gaby's? I'm slackin & still haven't hit up Margerita yet so still recommending Gaby's haha but it's on my list & hopefully soon. That slice looks dammnn good.
Dont be fooled with the “space” situation bro...parking gets critical in quite a few spots in queens (i just got a $45 ticket for parking in jamaica recently) ontop of the fact my girl (who lives in flushing /fresh meadows area) parking is a fight to the death that usually leads to me having to park 3-4 blocks away from her crib nightly
Yeah you're right Qnz does have a parking problem too but just nowhere near that of Manhattan. What was the ticket for? Were you illegally parked? Flushing is a total & complete madhouse @ all times of the day. As for Fresh Meadows, I totally agree since I live there & after 5PM the spots fill up quick!

Nah bro u right about the parking aint on the level of manhattan but its still ugly...my girl live around kissenia/ horace harding area & i find myself having to park on booth memorial (i usually come in at night) & have to walk blocks when i did come in early i found parking u on point with that after 5 comment lol....the ticket i waa parked in a free parking spot but didnt move it by 8am for street cleaning.... as far as gabys go like i was saying to u before gabys o.d with the sauce...plus its on the sweet side ..i dont like my slices drowning in sauce ( sweet sauce at that)....its a jamaican spot i go to thats on hillside across the street from gabys / & the dunkin donuts inside same shoppin center as gabys so im always up there idk if business still booming at gabys still or not but it dont be mad people there as it used to be

On a side note its another pizza spot on the ave ..on the colosseum block (165th) literally across the street from it called bellas ...pizza is solid no complaints from me about it alotta people just speak about margarita when it comes to pizza on the ave but yeah thats a solid lowkey spot

36EEDFF3-5974-47E3-B69D-56DCF5F3B898.jpeg
0A5D75C3-58F6-453A-B5BF-AEED369FEBD1.jpeg

some guy said "vistors coming in yes, people that live here no".

I agree.

That’s basically what it is now. They making it comfortable for the goofy tourist who don’t know how to walk and tougher for long time residents who pay taxes here. **** is annoying.

Nah bro u right about the parking aint on the level of manhattan but its still ugly...my girl live around kissenia/ horace harding area & i find myself having to park on booth memorial (i usually come in at night) & have to walk blocks when i did come in early i found parking u on point with that after 5 comment lol....the ticket i waa parked in a free parking spot but didnt move it by 8am for street cleaning.... as far as gabys go like i was saying to u before gabys o.d with the sauce...plus its on the sweet side ..i dont like my slices drowning in sauce ( sweet sauce at that)....its a jamaican spot i go to thats on hillside across the street from gabys / & the dunkin donuts inside same shoppin center as gabys so im always up there idk if business still booming at gabys still or not but it dont be mad people there as it used to be
Yeah kissena horace harding is a super residential area so parking can be a struggle especially at nighttime. Lol yup after 5 is every man for himself. Ahh damn street cleaning is such a scam imo...just another way for the city to make $ off of us. That's true Gaby's does o.d. with sauce and cheese but imo that's a good thing because many joints skimp on ingredients. If you don't like sweet sauce I take it you don't like Dani's much lol. I gotta try these 2 spots you mentioned...maybe tomorrow I will go. Yeah I haven't been to gaby's in a while but that area is mad commercial so they probably busy

Back
Top Bottom