Its official: Student Loan Rates To Double on Monday.

Let's also remember that post-secondary school is a privilege, not a right. If you can't afford it, or cant afford the interest rates on loans then go to work and save money. Too many people feel entitled. There are A LOT of people who complain about student loans and refuse to get a job while attending school. TONS of people work and go to school, and those people don't complain as much.
because now a days you gotta get that degree if not you're just a bum who graduated high school looking only to make 7.25 an hour?? naw b

If you feel your ONLY option is school, go to school and also get a job. This generation is full of complainers and people who feel entitled to everything. Even people who finish a 4 year program think they're entitled to a top job and refuse to work anywhere else. Those same people then proceed to sit on their *** at their mom's house, until they find something. It sickens me. Some of us go to school full time, and work full time with no help from loans. Is it hard? Yes, but if you want it that bad then you'll do whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Let's also remember that post-secondary school is a privilege, not a right. If you can't afford it, or cant afford the interest rates on loans then go to work and save money. Too many people feel entitled. There are A LOT of people who complain about student loans and refuse to get a job while attending school. TONS of people work and go to school, and those people don't complain as much.
Everyone has different circumstances.
Is it any wonder young people feel entitled when every high school in America preaches that college is a necessity?
"College is for everyone" that's what they like to say. But the truth is it's not for everyone. Unless you have parents that were very well off or business savvy (and if thats the case they probably saved for you anyway), there's no one to tell a clueless 16-18 year old that ITS A TRAP!!! (word to Admiral Ackbar). I got kicked out of my home mid way through senior year. I would have been homeless if not for student loans during my first two years. I'm working now but it was tough to fight for survival and find work in this economy. No car. Unsure of a roof over your head. No work experience. Just look at the jobless thread on these forums if you need an idea.
For me it was either take out loans, or put on America's "away" jersey and fight. It's not black and white.

Last edited:

i honestly dislike you. Like for real for real.

and you do a lot of complaining yourself

http://niketalk.com/t/521731/so-obamacare-has-finally-affected-me/0_20

Last edited:
If you feel your ONLY option is school, go to school and also get a job. This generation is full of complainers and people who feel entitled to everything. Even people who finish a 4 year program think they're entitled to a top job and refuse to work anywhere else. Those same people then proceed to sit on their *** at their mom's house, until they find something. It sickens me. Some of us go to school full time, and work full time with no help from loans. Is it hard? Yes, but if you want it that bad then you'll do whatever it takes.

Good for you but MILLIONS of people go to school, work and still need help. You sound just as ignorant as those on the other end of the spectrum, smh

very misleading title

I work in this field; the sub loans are going up and the govt pays the interest on those as long as you don't F up school and drop out; the unsub loans have been around 6.8% for YEARS

the 3.4% was like a one time deal and was passed right before the year started last year (7/1/12).

You can only borrow $23k of the $57k agg limit in Stafford loans and it's controlled per year so if you graduate in 4 years you only borrow $19k in sub loans

OP you just made this thread with no real research into it; there is a crisis brewing but it's because SO many people don't complete school then they drop out and default on their loans which in turn screws everyone who does pay their loans back

Last edited:

Good for you but MILLIONS of people go to school, work and still need help. You sound just as ignorant as those on the other end of the spectrum, smh

Then don't go to school until you can. It's that simple. If you can't afford it, postpone your post-secondary education until you're financially able to go back to school. School should only be a priority if you can afford to go. If it's between going to school, or working to keep a roof over your head, it's obvious what the choice is.

The bottom line is people complaining feel like they should get a free education, go on and make $50k to start and not have to worry about any of their income going to pay what got them there

Bunch of whiny little b's

You don't want to invest in yourself then there are plenty of Subways hiring

Then don't go to school until you can. It's that simple. If you can't afford it, postpone your post-secondary education until you're financially able to go back to school. School should only be a priority if you can afford to go. If it's between going to school, or working to keep a roof over your head, it's obvious what the choice is.

So, work a dead end job forever because you can't afford to pay for school on your own as opposed to taking out a loan so that you can eventually live comfortably in the future? That makes sense, with your line of thinking that will never happen. You can't be this dense.

Last edited:
I swear my class (09) has it the worst . we had the most saturated graduating class , degrees that were highly sought after are saturated for US and now this x_X

So, work a dead end job forever because you can't afford to pay for school on your own as opposed to taking out a loan so that you can eventually live comfortably in the future? That makes sense, with your line of thinking that will never happen. You can't be this dense.

I'm not saying don't go to school. What I'm saying is people need to stop complaining about how expensive it is because post-secondary school is a privilege, not a right,

Go to school and suck it up, or quit complaining about barely getting by, and get a damn job.

Last edited:
very misleading title

I work in this field; the sub loans are going up and the govt pays the interest on those as long as you don't F up school and drop out; the unsub loans have been around 6.8% for YEARS

the 3.4% was like a one time deal and was passed right before the year started last year (7/1/12).

You can only borrow $23k of the $57k agg limit in Stafford loans and it's controlled per year so if you graduate in 4 years you only borrow $19k in sub loans

OP you just made this thread with no real research into it; there is a crisis brewing but it's because SO many people don't complete school then they drop out and default on their loans which in turn screws everyone who does pay their loans back

I'm not saying don't go to school. What I'm saying is people need to stop complaining about how expensive it is because post-secondary school is a privilege, not a right,

Go to school and suck it up, or quit complaining about barely getting by, and get a damn job.

It's the getting a job part that's the issue though. Get a good job means go to school, well if school is expensive and my working isn't enough to suffice I can either take out a loan or not go to school and work a crap job. How is this being missed? Life is not as black and white as you are attempting to portray it.

Regardless of the bickering on either side of getting loans, this is the next bubble that when it pops will make the last economic disaster we went through look mild.

all jokes aside.. i've seen jobs online that say u must have a BA degree to make 15 an hr.... lololololololololol

Really :/ news to hear

The only reason I've changes schools and limited my courses is because of the cost. It's insane

I know once I'm done with everything, or 10+ years, college will be free or cost very little

Bleh

I don't have a degree....and I'm fine...

School isn't for everyone

I agree with Monday and Ninja

And stillin you serious? Cuz everyone in student loan Hell is a default drop out? Helllllll no. I know plenty grads I'm sure we all do who are jobless or underpaid.

I know ppl living at home because student loans are killing them.

whoa when did rates drop to 3.4 when I came outta medschool with 250k in debt we were getting charged 8.5 and 6.8%. its clear I went to med school at the worst time in history

Back
Top Bottom