ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

RIP i__O. part of the mau5 family. loved his remixes on some songs

this channel is dope. brings back some nostalgia feels. and some people have made spotify playlists for the exact songs in some of the videos and then some

and this is just some DnB I like

i have the worst taste in edm bc of decades of playing dance dance revolution and beatmania iidx

burial is post dubstep; he's also a huge outsider, he made his music using a timeline editor instead of a sequencer, so a lot of the rhythms are "imperfect" like traditional instrumentation

video reminded me of the glitch mob "drink the sea"

while i do agree that it kind of sucks that a niche can be exploited for mass appeal, i think it's super interesting that elements of dubstep became part of the cultural zeitgeist, like the fact that there was a period of time i remember where pop music was trending towards "girl singing/country/brostep sounds" is totally mindblowing and absolutely a consequence of the underground dubstep scene

even "purple music" to me seems like an intersection of dubstep with the maximal pop trends made mainstream (adjacent) by SOPHIE (rip)

Last edited:
The original dubstep legend himself Skream performed at the royal Albert music hall in london. The youtube channel that uploaded this is also my fav club when I visit. Fabric. Three floors and multiple rooms of all sub generes of electronic.

Sent the wrong one last time :lol: Got a dope opportunity to work with someone i've idolized for a decade and they just recruited me to their new team so i'm hyped y'all. Hopefully big things coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom