ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Kaskade and Calvin always seemed like cool dudes. Too bad Calvin sucks live.
What happened to all the og's from this thread? Or did we lose em in the move from yuku? No offense to the dude that said it but we're talking about Avicii shows and people have posted some old *** songs in here. If anyone knows anything about good minimal/tech/house dj's like I posted earlier (Cox, Hawtin, etc.) I'd still like to get some names to look up for sets.
Wanted to go to Beyond this weekend but couldn't afford it, next 3 tickets I plan on getting are Boys Noize, Knife Party Halloween tour and Pop New Years Eve. Pop earlier this year was :pimp: Great venue, great crowd.

Gaiser (on Hawtin's label) - check out this live set. Gaiser - Live @ Enter Minus (Barcelona, Spain) - 16-06-2012

Miguel Campbell - check out his recent Essential Mix (straight funky house music.)

Claude Vonstroke & Justin Martin - Diplo & friends (chcek out that radio show. ghetto bassy house music. my favorite djs/producers.)

Eats Everything - deep, bassy, tech house from Bristol. his production is really good.

Anyone know of any NYE events in CA besides POP?

Last edited:
I'm considering Snow Globe for New Years just because it's 3 days but Pop's lineup is heavy and Oracle was a great venue for the last Pop.

I've watched Tiesto three times now, and the fact that most of his American fanbase currently consists of a bunch of people who jumped on the bandwagon when "EDM" blew up in the state (god I hate that term), and also that he only plays fist pumping electro house, keeps me from seeing him until the hype dies down and he goes back to playing trance.

Sounds like you're the one late to the party. Tiesto stopped playing trance LONG time ago lol. He ain't going back any time soon.

Sounds like you're the one late to the party. Tiesto stopped playing trance LONG time ago lol. He ain't going back any time soon.
I wish he did. he is/was capable of great songs. wish he could make more tracks like "Beautiful Things" w/ Andain.

also, off topic somewhat, I really like Andrew Bayer's stuff. he is making a nice variety of music.

Last edited:
I'm considering Snow Globe for New Years just because it's 3 days but Pop's lineup is heavy and Oracle was a great venue for the last Pop.

I wish all shows were at Oracle. Can't wait to see what Skills does for NYE & the countdown.

Beyond was awesome, a lot of people dropped the same songs though... Otto Knows killed and so did W&W. Made me more excited to see them for NYE. Anyone going to Spookfest? Calvin Harris got cut off for me at EDC so I'm excited to see him and Benny wasn't half bad when I saw him at Pop (just got completely overshadowed by Dash). Hella excited for Datsik as well.

And this song has been stuck in my head for weeks. This and Atom (Thanks Avicii)

Last edited:
Just tryna see what's out there. Oracle is cool, went there for Love.
I've seen A&B, Dash, and Ferry already, of course I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

i see. well like zube said the next best thing would probably be snow globe but thats all the way in tahoe :stoneface: oracle is probably the best venue ive experienced thus far in the bay as far as raves. AC, good reception for phones/easy to find people, water fountains right outside, quick and easy access to restrooms, etc. most artists are booked and wont do solo shows on nye so i havent heard of much else going on in the bay as far as nye. im surprised we were even able to get A&B tbh

A&B and Ferry Both surprised me by making the bill. If I miss Pop I'll get my trance fix in at Love. It was awesome this year.

lol i swear edm fans are the biggest whiners ever. they are never pleased with anything. people are quick to bash skrillex and guetta for senseless reasons...

Back
Top Bottom