"I've been through so much" people Unnapreciation

D

Deleted member 87369

We've all met these people.. Always bring up their past and what they've been through to try and get some pity or something. Nobody cares fam. Everybody goes through struggles.. That's life. Nobody needs to know how strong a person you are. If you're as strong as you say, we would be able to see it without you having to let everyone know.

i agree

few years ago i was dead broke and shot credit

tryna find my way in the world as a college drop out

today i sit with a home, car, pretty stress free an i eat good.

it only annoys me if ppl bring it up too much, i keep to myself though, personal life wise.

Last edited:
It gets to the point where people use it as a crutch. What really irritates me is when they use it as an excuse for treating someone badly or being an idiot. :smh:

Its good to humanize yourself so its a good way to

Hedge a over inflated ego, but it can turn into a kickin

Your self in da back into a mud puddle depression

Pit if u go too outta hand...

Recognize your faults, own & conquer them, &

Move on.

When I sense people are wanting sympathy in their "life story" , I usually ask them questions about their personal struggles and make them seem foolsih :lol:

Most people I know who have gone through alot never bring up their past experiences.

Last edited:
OP maybe they aren't fully over their struggles, and them talking about it is the only way they know how to cope right now.

"That guy who has to point out everyone else's faults unappreciation"

Last edited:
Agreed with OP. The people who always go around talking about the **** they've been through (ESPECIALLY IN BARBERSHOPS) are hella annoying.

I didn't live through the segregation era but I've most definitely seen some **** children shouldn't see in my 18 years of life and still smile daily w/ no depression problems.

There's levels to this ****.

For some reason I always find myself around people who have to tell me about how easy my life is and how I never had to struggle and generally are tryna to purposefully make me feel like **** about myself compared to their struggle. Mind you I'm not richer or even upper middle class. I just love in a house and use correct grammar and don't carry myself in any sort of hood manner, and people take those three things and decide who I am for me all the time.Literally I've had so many people who just don't like me from the moment they first saw me, and if you ask them why a lot of their reasons are things that have nothing to do with me.

Last edited:
It depends. I think if the experience relates to something I'm going through or thinking about, then by all means share your experiences, advice, knowledge,etc.

If it's a friend and they're going through something and they just want to vent, cool, as long as it's not every time we talk.

If it's just someone looking for sympathy, I'm cool on that.

For some reason I always find myself around people who have to tell me about how easy my life is and how I never had to struggle and generally are tryna to purposefully make me feel like **** about myself compared to their struggle. Mind you I'm not richer or even upper middle class. I just love in a house and use correct grammar and don't carry myself in any sort of hood manner, and people take those three things and decide who I am for me all the time.Literally I've had so many people who just don't like me from the moment they first saw me, and if you ask them why a lot of their reasons are things that have nothing to do with me.
Don't even waste your time on those people fam.

Same position. Was raised kind of lower middle class, but I've always spoke perfect english because that's the way my father decided to bring me up.

My grandfather told me this word for word, "To make it in the white mans world you must carry yourself like one."

A lot of times I find its not people looking for sympathy, but people looking for you to go "wow you're such a real person. Here, here's some respect for those struggles. I like you a lot more now and can relate to you as a 'real' person"

Nothing is worse than been through so much/one upsmanship guy

No matter what is going on he has it worse or has been through worse.

My grandfather told me this word for word, "To make it in the white mans world you must carry yourself like one."

What the.... :x

^Word, dudes gramps sounding like

uncle-ruckus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom