I've got a problem with The Office...

Let me start this by saying....I love The Office. It's one of my favorite shows on TV, but here lately, Michael's demeanor has gone from being awkward and causing hilarity to being that of a douche bag which makes you want to hate him. It wasn't any more prevalent than in tonights ep. when he was talking @%+@ to the bar owner and security guard. Sadly, he was what the show was built around, but he's (the character) really dragging it down now.

^ you prob thinking about the tv characters you find annoying, a lot of people said michael, i haven't watched any of the new eps, but nothing lasts for ever

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Let me start this by saying....I love The Office. It's one of my favorite shows on TV, but here lately, Michael's demeanor has gone from being awkward and causing hilarity to being that of a douche bag which makes you want to hate him. It wasn't any more prevalent than in tonights ep. when he was talking @%+@ to the bar owner and security guard. Sadly, he was what the show was built around, but he's (the character) really dragging it down now.

wireliedetectorxe6.gif

Sorry but it's been like that for a few seasons now.  The writers got lazy with the character and made him a gross exaggeration of his former self.  He was supposed to be the awkward/moronic boss, but now he acts like Peter from Family Guy, just doing idiotic things like the writers are randomly coming up with the most absurd scenarios for him to act zany.

There's a reason the UK Office ended on a high note and only after a short time, because this concept gets stale after awhile and the writers clearly went to a generic template for Michael's character and humor.

It's still one of my favorite shows, but seasons 1-2 and parts of 3 were hilarious and great.  But they jumped the shark epically and they can't really turn the ship around now.  Some episodes have been better and more like the Office of old, but it's mostly weak material.

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

^ you prob thinking about the tv characters you find annoying, a lot of people said michael, i haven't watched any of the new eps, but nothing lasts for ever

lol nah he's right there was a post about some dude that really hated micheal scott
laugh.gif

It has been going down, Michael is a douche and Jim is not the same. The only things that keep me watching is

d6a367d85e021714a7d4cf1e8666c81fec3d1d7f.jpg
            And         
19c26585a71b1a5ecc5813c9fbc50515ca530040.jpg

That was date mike tho. He's was tryna act like a douche to come off cool.
On a side note, creed has always been one of my favorite characters. His randomness is mad funny......the teen kids knowing him because he sold them fake ID's to his facial expression when Ryan complained that he smelt like death

Michael has always been a d-bag. The writers have used the same formula for michael (gut-wrenching awkwardness and dry humor). Nothing is exaggerated, its a sit-com with documentary style approach. BJ Novak (Ryan) wrote a great episode.

Whats the difference between last night's episode vs. say Phyllis' wedding on season 3?
They are the exact same, they (writers) put michael in situations where he tries to be cool but fails causing a big mess. This is the main premise for many/most office episodes.

I've been watching the office since 2005, uk office since 2006 (a little late).

I'm not on the bandwagon where "The office sucks now because the writers have gone down hill, jumped the shark blah blah." Why watch something that "used to be good"?

This office season is just as good as the so called "golden seasons (1-3)". If anything, we're getting to see a different side of Jim rather than the "I'm too cool for school" type Jim. Michael will always be Michael and that's what makes the show just like David Brent was in the Uk version.

Even in great sitcoms like Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm the main characters Michael and Larry stay the same.

If people gonna complain about The Office going downhill then don't watch it. Stop being so damn critical and take it at face value: great comedy.

Last night's episode was pretty funny.  This dude Kevin must really be some type of pervert in real life, and Creed getting perfect scores on DDR
roll.gif

The Office is still a great show. i was dying when angela snuck up on dwight and he jumped. 
roll.gif

"Michael was always a douche. Just that its more in your face now."

QFT

The only Office that matters to me. This was perfect. There was no terrible character changes or blatant sit-com-like moments.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

The only Office that matters to me. This was perfect. There was no terrible character changes or blatant sit-com-like moments.

THIS
pimp.gif

i think Michael Scott is a hard character for the writers to give real dimension to, so given that they did a pretty good job in "Happy Hour" of developing a new girl situation for him.

Erin and Andy are my new favorite part of the show.

It used to be quality dry humor.

Now the humor just feeds off of what we know about the characters already.  So when Kevin makes stupid sounds, they expect it to be enough.

Also, I really hate how centered the show has become entirely centered around relationships.  The previous seasons were all about other things, with a minor relationship theme (in most episodes). 

That's all changed.  Now I feel like I'm watching a day time soap.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

I haven't watched The Office in a while. I'd rather remember when it was perfect (season 2-3). lol
This is QFT. Those were the best seasons, then 4 was good but I could start to feel a change. Then 5 and 6 upset me. There are a lot of things that are beginning to annoy me with this show. Here is a short list:
1. Starting in season 5, Dwight started becoming less of Michael's flunky and now blatantly opposes him. This can be seen when Charles Miner was involved.

2. The whole takeover of the company by Sabre, and how quickly the company went from successful to completely run into the ground.

3. The whole Jim becoming a co-manager and how this changed his personality.

4. How Miner did not like Jim and would all little negligible incidents to encompass his entire judgement of Jim's work ethic.

5. Pam's way of dressing changed.

6. Ryan's style of dressing, i.e. thick, black framed eyeglasses and random scarves. 

It is true that nothing good lasts forever, and maybe this show should have stopped after season 3 or 4. 

Back
Top Bottom