I've had enough of 2k9!!vol.my 2k10 wishlist

2k needs to start stepping it up because 2k9 wasn't a much different from 2k8 and i have high expectations for 2k10 our i might have to stop playing NBAvideo games. so here is my ultimate NBA 2k10 wish list .i have a lot.

1.First and most important,player introductions,i mean the whole everything.exactly the way the actual teams are introduced. Pregame rituals,from the lebronchalk to Detroit dancing(even though they probably wont be doing that anymore),better halftime shows,better cheer leaders and whatever else they can do.andwaaaayy better play by play calling,actually have them tell you whats going on in the game.and switch it up a lot more, show some more excitement andhumor.(just get jvg,mark jack,and breen)and also better all star weekend.
2.Better game atmosphere,every game feels the same as any other game there's no difference if i was playing a exhibition game or a game 7 in thefinals.This need a huge upgrade.Extra crowd noise, even better intros then the regular season, camera flashes crowd chants,emotion in the players grouphuddles,the works!!!!
3.Arguing calls from coaches players etc.,aggressive fouls flagrants, techs,player face to face arguing,a little shoving and the refs break it up.2 techs andyour tossed.they should have like an aggression meter...like a button that u press when u want to raise your meter like to argue a call or give a hard foul orget in a guys face and if your meter reaches too high your in danger of getting tossed
4.Better graphics and other things such as halftime shows,highlight reels or when they show your stats during the game,and also replays
5.Better player editing,(making your own team and own players better uniforms to pick from and shoes etc.)
6.Better game play such as dunking,passing,handling,and all around button and ball control.also,better play calling,and less bs calls.a revamped associationmode.Switch the all star unis and arena every year.Better player signature moves(kinda slackin)
7.Better online game play

what do you guys think?

Most of the stuff you posted, John, is the stuff I'd skip anyway.

And is it just me, or did you guys notice more dunks, dunk animations, and defense animations (blocks) show up as the game was updated a little?

Oh yeah, in team up mode, you have the lag of 9 other players
indifferent.gif

shoot faster after a pump fake, you have to wait five seconds to shooy again.
Make people actually roll on pick and rolls
stop letting the defender move so fast that ge covers both players in a 2-on-1. for some reason I rarely get wide open shots off the double team
Stop making it so any time you pull your man off to take a swipe at the ball on someone he's not guarding it automatically goes into double team phase
less dunks
zoom in camera on fast breaks a la madden THIS WOULD BE ILL!
stop letting people turn the game speed up after 70, 70+ is cheeser central
stop letting cheesers run in circles with point guards as excuses as crossing the defender

thats all for now

2K9 was a step back from 2K8. Simply horrible. I honestly haven't played that game more than 10 times.

They need to fix the way they call goaltending, that is called so bad in that game.

When you're on a break, sometimes the player runs extra slow with one shoulder down, instead of just running regular, +!# is annoying as hell

And all that time the ref spends picking up the ball and talking to people instead of just giving it to you to inbound gets really annoying too

They just need to make the game more responsive. Make the players faster and easier to control.

I wish they didn't take out the highlights at the end of the game from 2k8, I thought that was pretty cool

I havent played 2k9 consistently sincec gears 2 came out. I've always wanted to be in an active league but theres always a few players who lose interest

i hope they listen to you OP everything you said were my same problems with 2k9 ....when is 2k10 supposed to drop?

- Kill the delay on the online game play
- Have a better LOBBY with a regulated chat-flow.
- Have the Point Guards that can do WRAP AROUND passing on layups, it's either a hard foul or a automatic block goin in.
- And please CHILL off the Menu and Transition effects, the aura and lighting !$$!+ up my eyes, it feels like I'm openinMarsellus Wallace's suitcase every time I move on to the next menu.
[h2]
[/h2]

Tone down JR smith. I was facing a bunch of Nuggs players and he was hitting threes all game. Then I say "F it, are the users just good or is JR smithjust good?" Turns out JR smith is ridiculous if he's anything close to being open. 6-8 from 3. Gimme a break.

fluid pull up jumpers...i hate when i get by someone and go to pull up then they stop and set their feet and let the defender come contest the shot...also anew array of dunks it seems like the they have all the same ones from 2k8...the goaltending obviously...and i think the fastbreak camera would be cool kindalike how they do it on FIFA

you see the thing with 2k sports, they gonna give us little by little each year or they'll run out of new ideas. obviously 2k is gonna try to milk out itsgames by adding very little new features each year.... first they have to get rid of clark kellogg, and also make the crowd more dynamic. oh, and defense, wheni play 2-3 zone d, i expect my players to help out, not stand in the lane letting the player drive through the lane. also, make it harder for people to abusethe game... lebron +%*!++ scored 63 points last night and he had only 4 poits with other players.

Speaking of playoff atmosphere,
how about Dymanic Atmosphere.

The way it could work is:
Bigger crowds for bigger games.
Bigger crowds if your team has a winning record or in cities where there is more fan loyalty.
Even somewhat being able to control the crowd size by raising or lowering ticket prices.

Special fan days that the home user can select from options.
Like:
Artest Mohawk Day - People in the crowd have Mohawks
Tee Shirt Day - Lot of purple shirted Lakers fans
And the home team can get a slight boost in clutch factor during these games.

Different game times, different Atmospheres.
Late games and it's a blow out, maybe the crowd starts thinning depending on who is winning.

This will add that 6th Man effect to the game, where it is currently non existant.

Techinal Fouls in online play:

pause taunting (tapping pause rapidly) = technical foul. 1 FT + ball.

2 technicals = ejection (YOU the gamertag, not one of the players, gets booted and you get the loss)

this would be the best way to implement technical fouls in nba2k9 because it would be realistic. when coaches or players in the real NBA get mad they say or dostuff out of anger and get a T. when some nba2k9 players get mad, they pause taunt.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Techinal Fouls in online play:

pause taunting (tapping pause rapidly) = technical foul. 1 FT + ball.

2 technicals = ejection (YOU the gamertag, not one of the players, gets booted and you get the loss)

this would be the best way to implement technical fouls in nba2k9 because it would be realistic. when coaches or players in the real NBA get mad they say or do stuff out of anger and get a T. when some nba2k9 players get mad, they pause taunt.

roll.gif

You sir may be on to something
eek.gif

i just want a good nba basketball simulation.

a game that is responsive, and one that does what i tell it to do.

i'm tired of stupid arcade games.

but i know 2k sports, and i know that they won't give me what i want. and they won't get my 60$.

Back
Top Bottom