IYO,Can a person be gay, yet be a legitimate, practicing,Jew, Christian, or Muslim?

cz7

I think it's an interesting question because I read and see all the time homosexual people who say they  regularly attend church and are very religious. I am not talking about a person who was once homosexual,  and are now heterosexual or wanting to be heterosexual. I am talking about practicing homosexuals with no intention of becoming heterosexual or wanting to be heterosexual, who also feel there is nothing wrong with being homosexual according to their respective religion. 
I am not a christian, jew, or muslim. I just think its quite backwards when I see this because of doctrines that exist in each of previously mentioned religions that specifically say homosexuality is not condoned.   (Qur'an 7:80-81, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Leviticus 18:22).

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So it seems clear, those who practice homosexuality yet call themselves a jew,christian,or muslim seem to have to wrong and are actually fooling themselves.[/font]

[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lets hear from NT, what do you think?[/font]

Bad_Post.jpg

perhaps I should have made a post about weather I wipe sitting down or standing up

Leviticus is ancient Hebrew law and Corinthians is nothing more than letters written by a man.  I won't really speak for the Qur'an since I've only read parts of it, but yes I think so.  There is no word of God that says that homosexuality is a sin.

religion is subjective. while one person can damn them to hell and quote scripture, they live by their faith which says different.

there is no answer to this question.

but by most standards it is not "legitimate", but back to the main point faith determines standards and everyone's is different.

I am not asking weather you think the text are legitimate or god-inspired. Assume that they are for the sake of argument.

Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

Aren't all sins equal? There isn't a sin that's worse than the other. Therefore, if you have Christians who happen to lie or who steal or who commit adultery, why wouldn't a homosexual be considered a legitimate Christian?

Originally Posted by Cz7

I am not asking weather you think the text are legitimate or god-inspired. Assume that they are for the sake of argument.
So for the sake of the argument assume that a major point of said argument is a certain way.  Got it....I guess.

I can only answer for Islam.

Islamically, you're relationship with God is very personal.  No one can say you aren't a Muslim because you do x,y,z.  Being a Muslim only means submitting to the will of God.

Everybody's situation is different, and therefore will be judged as such.  And since God is most merciful, most forgiving, who is to say whether you will go to Hell or not? 

All that being said, having homosexual thoughts is not against Islam; but acting on those urges is.  If it is an urge truly beyond you're control, then I don't think God can't judge you for it.  But if you can suppress these urges, and don't, then repentance is the obvious route.

Aren't all sins equal? There isn't a sin that's worse than the other. Therefore, if you have Christians who happen to lie or who steal or who commit adultery, why wouldn't a homosexual be considered a legitimate Christian?

This is why i made the point:

"I am talking about practicing homosexuals with no intention of becoming heterosexual or wanting to be heterosexual, who also feel there is nothing wrong with being homosexual according to their respective religion. "

It's assumed that most christian/jews/muslims who lie, cheat or steal, know that such things are wrong and will repent and at least try not to do them again. Not the case for the practicing homosexual in my argument, who doesn't think there is anything wrong with him/her being gay.

So for the sake of the argument assume that a major point of said argument is a certain way.  Got it....I guess.

The validity of either of the text is not a major point of my argument at all. I don't think they are valid. Im arguing that the homosexuals who do think are valid are fooling themselves.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and to the funny guy[/font]

You managed to read my post carefully, and instead of constructing a potentially thoughtful response your hurried to google images in effort to capitalize a common spelling error.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the lulz on you [/font]

Originally Posted by Cz7

I think it's an interesting question because I read and see all the time homosexual people who say they  regularly attend church and are very religious. I am not talking about a person who was once homosexual,  and are now heterosexual or wanting to be heterosexual. I am talking about practicing homosexuals with no intention of becoming heterosexual or wanting to be heterosexual, who also feel there is nothing wrong with being homosexual according to their respective religion. 
I am not a christian, jew, or muslim. I just think its quite backwards when I see this because of doctrines that exist in each of previously mentioned religions that specifically say homosexuality is not condoned.   (Qur'an 7:80-81, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Leviticus 18:22).

[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So it seems clear, those who practice homosexuality yet call themselves a jew,christian,or muslim seem to have to wrong and are actually fooling themselves.[/font]

[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lets hear from NT, what do you think?[/font]
you cannot be a practicing homosexual and be christian or jew because well, we all know the passage.  you can however, be homosexual, just as long as you dont suck a penis or whatever.  but in christianity, if a dude gives in to wanting to suck a big fat juicy one, he can be forgive as long as he is genuinely sorry.  thanks jesus.

you can, just would be considered a hypocrite...unfortunately, there are lots of hypocrites in the church stemming from different sinful lives

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

you can, just would be considered a hypocrite...unfortunately, there are lots of hypocrites in the church stemming from different sinful lives
if you're a hypocritical christian then you aren't a legitimate christian. 

I'm not deeply religious nor am I Christian but for the sake of the argument; Genesis 5:1 When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.
So maybe some people interpret that as meaning God created both gay and straight people and every other type of person for a reason because he himself is all of those things as well?

depends on how you view homosexuality. Is it an inherent human genetic anomaly that some people are born with or is it a choice? because if its something you can't help then so be it. But if it is then.... Regardless though the more i think about it religions purpose is to ultimately make you a better person so, ehhh i dunno. I'm rambling, too late to be thinking critically.

I am a considerably religious muslim, and I say that yes you can be a homosexual and be muslim.
BUT, because premarital sexual practice is not permitted in islam and since individuals of the same gender can't marry then homosexual sexual practice of any kind is forbidden.
But being physically attracted to an individual of the same gender, IMO is not a sin and does not conflict w/ your religion as long as you understand that you must exercise an incredible amount of self-restraint.

Yes...

...the same way I'm a God-fearing practicing Christian that's supposed to be a virgin, but far from it.

''How'' might you ask? For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...

...and, if you confess your sins - He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

Christianity is not about being perfect, it's about being forgiven...

...if this thread is still open when I wake up, I'll share a story about an openly gay suitemate I had in South Africa from Kansas who knew more about the Bible than myself.

The Hadith:

"When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes."

"Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to."

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Yes...

...the same way I'm a God-fearing practicing Christian that's supposed to be a virgin, but far from it.

''How'' might you ask? For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...

...and, if you confess your sins - He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

Christianity is not about being perfect, it's about being forgiven...

...if this thread is still open when I wake up, I'll share a story about an openly gay suitemate I had in South Africa from Kansas who knew more about the Bible than myself.
Homosexuality is the only Sin you LIVE IN sorry, but you can lie and that lie is over once it's done being said and you can be forgiven and the same with any other Sin you commit but being "gay" is living in sin and if you live in sin you are Not of the Father's house, Not saying you cant be forgiven of the sin because you can but according to the Bible NO you cant be Christian and be gay, sorry but that's just the truth read the bible instead of just giving opinion on what it says
jesus said himself on the day you stand before him some people will say they did his work, but he said he will tell them "Depart from me, I never knew you, evildoer" and many other place he says that many will come in his name or that people will say they loved the father and his ways but wouldnt turn from thier sin......sorry but this is the truth according to the Bible, now if you dont believe the Bible you can believe what you want, but if you do this is what it says

Back
Top Bottom