IYO, Does Busta Rhymes have any classics?

Originally Posted by foampositepro

busta slept on? he has sold millions, how can anyone who has sold millions be considered slept on?

Because he's never brought up in a GOAT or best rapper alive discussion.
smh.gif

I see dudes listing Genesis and Anarchy and IMO those are his wackest albums. Especially Anarchy.

yeah i agree with everyone. he definitely had some dope singles and overall has some really good albums. just not classics. woo ha and put your hands where myeyes can see made me and instant fan (mtv jams days
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by foampositepro

busta slept on? he has sold millions, how can anyone who has sold millions be considered slept on?

Because he's never brought up in a GOAT or best rapper alive discussion.
smh.gif
Because people know better...he's the proud owner of one of the most annoying voices in the game.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

He has some very classic songs but full albums!? Nah...

True, since Anarchy his music has been decent at best. I used to be a huge fan. He began to switch is style up in order to stay relevant in today's rapgame. Did I miss something but when the hell did he start posting up on the block, flippin birds wit a pistol in his waist. It seems like thats all he talksabout now other than the routine club joint. He can't go from riding elephants in videos and wearing ridiculous outfits to all of sudden being thugged out.He's damn near 40, its too late to switch his style up now.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Woo Hah!! Got You All in Check
Put your hand where my eyes can see
Dangerous
These are the only Bussa Bus calssics IMO. The rest are just regular hits. And I think the reason people don't mention him in GOATdiscussions is b/c no one really takes him seriously
laugh.gif
Maybe it was thecrazy fits he used to wear, maybe because he was never a trendsetter, who knows? He just doesn't have "IT", I guess

No doubt both were good albums but classic ? I think we just define classic differently. Has nothing to do with it being commercial either. There are plenty ofcommercial albums that are classics.

How do you define classic ? When I see classic I think of my list of top albums and things like OB4CL, The Infamous etc come to mind. I don't see BustaRhymes up there.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

No doubt both were good albums but classic ? I think we just define classic differently. Has nothing to do with it being commercial either. There are plenty of commercial albums that are classics.

How do you define classic ? When I see classic I think of my list of top albums and things like OB4CL, The Infamous etc come to mind. I don't see Busta Rhymes up there.
lyrics and flow

production that ages better with time

replay value

high mic ratings during the source's credible years

overall being able to transport me in that moment in time as soon as i put the CD or MP3 files on my ipod and the joint comes up.

alot of people would say busta rhymes earned his legend stripes a while ago...so wouldn't a legend's best offerings be considered classic by thedefault? if thats the case then you gotta

classify busta's solo debut and sophmore lp as classic offerings.

Fair enough.

I respect Busta's time in the game but I wouldn't call him a legend. I don't think that both albums are universally agreed upon as some of the besthip hop joints ever. With true classics, you pop them in and pretty much everyone will find something to enjoy, front to back it has to be almost flawless. Theword classic has to hold weight. Lately on NT it's been getting thrown around on things that were no where near classic.. being a good or great album =/=classic.

The Coming and E.L.E are both classics to me.

E.L.E was very unique, even for '99. "The Bus a Bus", "Take It Off", "Gimme Some More" those are all serious bangers.

Spot Rusherz wrote:
Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Woo Hah!! Got You All in Check
Put your hand where my eyes can see
Dangerous
These are the only Bussa Bus calssics IMO.
You need to clean your ears out
laugh.gif

I loved Def Squad, but thats just an old "above standard posse cut" from the 90's to me
laugh.gif
� It's definitely hot, but not something I'd throw in classic category

i never copped any of his albums, but he is a much better mc than some of the artists i do have,
if that can make sense,
kind of like big punisher

this post makes you wonder about fans......i mean i bet peers in the rap industry label busta a legend in the game WAY faster......

Originally Posted by Untitled

this post makes you wonder about fans......i mean i bet peers in the rap industry label busta a legend in the game WAY faster......
This is why I made this post because I believe Busta is a legend but cant think of a classic album he has.

Back
Top Bottom