J Balvin x Jordan III - September 2, 2023

1683686146703.png

1683686282953.png

1683686307156.png

1683686351543.png

These are 🔥. I like the slightly altered NA and wish they had it on both shoes instead of having the smiley face on the right shoe (why does every single collab shoe have to have mismatched heel logos?) Otherwise these look great.

What else has mismatched logos on the back?

Khaleds 5s, Travis 4s etc

Oh I thought you meant just collabs with 3’s, gotcha. Personally doesnt bother me but would look better if it wasnt mismatched. That Nike Air with the thunderbolt on the JB’s is sick. Dont mind the smiley though.

DJ Khlaed is already begging for a pair of these. Perhaps he feels his V collaborations weren't good enough.

Even with two pairs of A MAs I still want these. His other collabs were trash but these are on point. And for those thinking the upper will be wearaway like Lance Mountains, I highly doubt it. The yellow lining is similiar to the pinkish color on the A MAs upper. Would love to see a 3 incorporate that, but should hold onto that idea for an SB 3 lol

These are exceptional.

I'd become tired of the cookie-cutter colourway'd 3s TBH. Literally WC3s with different colour hits for the jumpman and midsole heel detail, constituting a "new" cw and no Nike Air.

What's not to like apart from the price? There are similarities (aside the colour pop) between these and the AMM3. Materials look good, personally have an appreciation for the Union 1 style yellow coloured visible cuts and they're a breakaway from what we've been regularly receiving in basic cws.

I mean compared to those Palominos... lol... these are beyond exceptional.

What's not to like apart from the price? There are similarities (aside the colour pop) between these and the AMM3. Materials look good, personally have an appreciation for the Union 1 style yellow coloured visible cuts and they're a breakaway from what we've been regularly receiving in basic cws.

I mean compared to those Palominos... lol... these are beyond exceptional.
So you like these because you think they look like AMMs with a rainbow twist and they're "different" from what we've been getting? The Amm 3s work because of the lack of color, throwing rainbow hits on an already fire cw only detracts from it. Different doesn't always equate to good. 3s are one of the silhouettes where less is more with the AMMs, bc3s, wc3s etc... I understand we all have different tastes but, for me, this colorway is too niche to rock regularly and whenever you do rock it, it can only be worn with specific fits/colors without you looking too cartoony. At the end of the day, as long as you are feeling them is all that matters but these are an easy pass for me. This guy and Billie Eillish keep one upping each with each drop in regards to the worst collection of JB collabs.

So you like these because you think they look like AMMs with a rainbow twist and they're "different" from what we've been getting? The Amm 3s work because of the lack of color, throwing rainbow hits on an already fire cw only detracts from it. Different doesn't always equate to good. 3s are one of the silhouettes where less is more with the AMMs, bc3s, wc3s etc... I understand we all have different tastes but, for me, this colorway is too niche to rock regularly and whenever you do rock it, it can only be worn with specific fits/colors without you looking too cartoony. At the end of the day, as long as you are feeling them is all that matters but these are an easy pass for me. This guy and Billie Eillish keep one upping each with each drop in regards to the worst collection of JB collabs.

Appreciate your view.

By similarities with the AMM3, I'm mainly referring to the perceptible quality of the materials, they appear more comparable (in materials) with the AMM3 than they do the Wizarda PE, for example.

That said, why sit on the fence; I'm absolutely a fan of the infusion of colour. Get what you're saying about fits but I don't see that as an issue; with a reasonable collection of shoes (referring to myself) they would not be a daily to the extent that I'd struggle for fits everyday.

Different isn't always good but neither is a new £190-£200 colourway which essentially comprises the WC3 with a bit of colour on the midsole at the heel and a different colour jumpman and set of eyelets, which is essentially what the UNC, Iris, Lucky Green etc have been in recent times. Minimalistic changes.

I love the 3 but prefer when JB do more with the silhouette. My favourite 3s are the Tinkers, Fragments, Patchworks and I even own the under-appreciated Archaeo Brown 3s, just for context.

I will put in for these - not crucial to warrant resell, however.

These are exceptional.

I'd become tired of the cookie-cutter colourway'd 3s TBH. Literally WC3s with different colour hits for the jumpman and midsole heel detail, constituting a "new" cw and no Nike Air.
I’d buy every single rehash of a white cement 3 IF they had NA, but I agree with you on these. They’re different and they work.

Way better than anything we’ve gotten recently from Union or AMM and quite a step up from his previous collabs, which were a little too over the top imo.

Back
Top Bottom