J.COLE , KENDRICK LAMAR ......who would you say is more popular

after j.cole's huge first week sale on his second album he's suprised

me ..i was arguing kendrick with my boy but coles numbers

and singles have been doing incredibly well...

wouldn't be suprised if it changed or varied by region

who's more popular around your way?

At the moment Cole. Power Trip the best thing he ever did and his lp just dropped. K.Dot (who had the better lp) dropped last year, just still riding that wave.

Last edited:
well cole is on his 2nd. kendrick is just stating off. but compare both debuts and you will know who is op top.
also kendrick lamar over cole musically.

I feel like Kendrick is hotter right now, even with Coles LP just dropping. But maybe I'm wrong.

Hmm.. Kendrick easily had a better album, but that doesn't necessarily mean people like him more. He had a lot of promotion and was getting a crazy push from the industry (literally every notable artist from Dre to 50 Cent, to Eminem etc etc was hyping him up as the savior). If GKMC didn't go platinum it would have been a disappointment.

Kendrick has more widespread respect in the hip hop community, but it seems like Cole has more of a hardcore fanbase (especially females).

Honestly, this is an interesting question and I can't call it. Another thing, not that it really matters but Kendrick only has 1.9 mil followers on Twitter vs Cole who has 4 mil. Yet I would bet my life that Born Sinner won't sniff platinum, which is weird.

I'm starting to wonder whether the hype around these artists is real, or how much of it is manufactured by the industry.

(literally every notable artist from Dre to 50 Cent, to Eminem etc etc was hyping him up as the savior). 

They're all on the same label.

That's the Jimmy Iovine effect
Those were just the first three to come to mind when I was typing, there were a lot more artists hyping him who had no connection to him (Nas, TI, Jay, etc). My point was that it generally seemed like he was all of a sudden getting cosigns from all the industry heavyweights.

Last edited:
i would say more people that don't listen to hip hop know j cole better than kendrick as well

seem like they see-sawin around my parts...for some reason I think j cole got a more solid loyal base than Kendrick...personally its a toss up w/ me

Honestly, this is an interesting question and I can't call it. Another thing, not that it really matters but Kendrick only has 1.9 mil followers on Twitter vs Cole who has 4 mil. Yet I would bet my life that Born Sinner won't sniff platinum, which is weird.

I'm starting to wonder whether the hype around these artists is real, or how much of it is manufactured by the industry.
this is what im thinking. for ex meek mill has 2.6 million followers yet cant go gold. i can go on and on about other rappers that have those crazy numbers and cant sell 25% of their followers. 

Doesnt Lil B have like 8 million followers and still had to give away for free what was supposed to be a debut solo album? LOL

Everyone I know likes Kendrick.

I don't know anyone that like likes Cole.

I vote KL, easily in my opinion.

I'll have to go with Kendrick as well. Dude has been performing at all types of festivals this year. Sometimes, he's the only rap artist there.

Right now, Kendrick.

I haven't listened to Cole's latest album (comp problems haven't listened to a lot of new music lately) but if it wasn't for the music forum I wouldn't have even known it dropped.

Back
Top Bottom