[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

My take, and this is just my take on this...

The Ratchet / trap wave of rappers caught fire the last 3 years or so. When you talk about the sound that's dominating the radio, and youth culture, you think of The ratchet DJ Mustard produced records, you think of Shmruda, Trinidad, Chief Keef, Lil Herb, Lil Bibby, etc.

This **** goes back way beyond 3 years. The switch flipped back in the 90s.

Cole at 254K with like 50% of the sale accounted for, he will be well over 300K once all 100% of sales are counted for. :smokin

Cole has increased his first week numbers with every album he has released.

That is a hell of an accomplishment and Im sure if we check the numbers of all the new rappers he probably is one of a few to achieve this.

Its really all about balance. Cole has sold more records than any of the acts that dominate the radio the past 5 years besides Drake and Nicki, and the legends. He has had his taste of radio success as well.

Im just not sure what else can happen because his music will never dominate the radio/club and replace the typical trap, turn up records. Thats just the game.

Cole has increased his first week numbers with every album he has released.

That is a hell of an accomplishment and Im sure if we check the numbers of all the new rappers he probably is one of a few to achieve this.

Its really all about balance. Cole has sold more records than any of the acts that dominate the radio the past 5 years besides Drake and Nicki, and the legends. He has had his taste of radio success as well.

Im just not sure what else can happen because his music will never dominate the radio/club and replace the typical trap, turn up records. Thats just the game.

He'll never dominate the radio / club, and you really don't want to either. That's a dangerous place to put your career in due to the high turnover rate. Every year there's new artist that are in the clubs and on the radio, you can only play so many records on radio/in the club, and naturally the newer records from the new hot shots are going to take priority. This is why Cole is in such a great position to me. Dreamville gets it. He's nurtured that relationship with his fanbase so well, that he'll never have to have a hit single again and still be a huge box office hit. He's putting up numbers that are regulated to artist with hit singles. Awesome to see.

I feel Cole will put out another single if not next album then some time after that. It just worked great for him this time around but cant predict what the future market will hold.

But I believe I posted before about Mac Miller doing nice number last year with WMWTSO taking the same approach 

She shaaaaallloowwwwwww

She shaaaaaallooooowwwwwwww

laugh.gif

He's definitely hitting gold.

Platinum though, that's a whole other journey.
He'll really need some radio hits and success with individual tracks to hit platinum.

Possible? Sure. 360k is a solid start. But easy? Hell no.

If he releases No role Modelz as a single and pushes it hard, it might help though for sure.

WOW :smokin :smoking good looks Cole, keeps selling more and more with each album and now he is doing it his way. All these rappers like Ross, Meek, Wale, etc have to feel some type of way, they get all the promo/hype, but still don't even come close to selling that.

Hats off to Cole. Would love for this to be his platinum album.

He has gone Gold easily on the last two albums but always seems to lose steam around 650-750k.

He went gold in a month with Born Sinner. should be gold by the end of the second week with this one. The way he is doming promo this go round I hope it gives him that extra surge

Back
Top Bottom