Jackie Chan & Jet Li Plan To Do A Second Movie Together........

HONG KONG (AP) - Jackie Chan and Jet Li say they had so much fun making their first movie together they are planning a second one.

Kung fu cinema's two biggest stars expressed admiration for each other at a Hong Kong news conference Tuesday to promote their first collaboration, the $75 million Hollywood production, "The Forbidden Kingdom."

"The first day we started filming, it felt like we had worked together for many years," Chan said, adding, "after filming this movie, we didn't have enough fun."

"In four months (of filming), we went from friends to becoming brothers," Li said.

Chan said their fight sequences went so smoothly that cinematographer Peter Pau told them to slow down.

He said "The Forbidden Kingdom" is not the movie he wanted to make his first collaboration with Li, but he signed on when the project came along because "if I had kept waiting, who knows how long I would have had to wait."

Chan and Li said they want to shoot another movie together based on a script they started working on 15 years ago, but both stars refused to give details.

Both actors were lukewarm in earlier comments about the "The Forbidden Kingdom," which was shot in China but largely targets U.S. audiences.

The English-language movie, follows an American teenager's fantasy journey to ancient China, where he meets several characters from Chinese mythology such as the Drunken Immortal, played by Chan, and the Silent Monk, played by Li.

"The Forbidden Kingdom" will be released in the U.S. on April 18 and in Asia on April 24.

Director Rob Minkoff said bringing Chan and Li together was a difficult challenge that involved hiring a top-notch supporting crew, including famed kung fu choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, known for his work on "The Matrix" trilogy.

grin.gif
from the looks of the trailer, They need to do a movie together duringthis time period.

Both actors were lukewarm in earlier comments about the "The Forbidden Kingdom," which was shot in China but largely targets U.S. audiences.

It's like they both know that The Forbidden Kingdom is gonna be weak and want another chance to do a good action movie...

They need to make a new Police Story, and put jet li as a bad guy..the forbidden kingdom looks weak.

jet li as a bad guy =
eek.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif

If they plan on doing a second movie together, I hope it will be like a Kiss Of The Dragon type of movie.

No Chow Yun Fat doesn't stand on the same level as far as Martial Arts fighting. You mean to say Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan's best friend. I swear thatJet Li plays the best bad guy in martial arts films.

throw Donnie Yen in there and have them three brawl it out. Chan as a cop of some sort to fight two feuding drug lords in Li and Yen. Fight of the century.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

It's like they both know that The Forbidden Kingdom is gonna be weak and want another chance to do a good action movie...

word...just me reading that, i'm not going to take that Forbidden Kingdom movie serious...

a script 15 years in the making? that movie will be serious
pimp.gif
...likesomeone said, Jackie as the good guy, Li as the bad dude

Two things that are bothering me about this movie

A)� English-speaking.� The movie takes place in China.� How does it make sense for them to be speaking English?�

B)� Story revolves around a white kid in China.� I know they are trying to market this towards an American market, which explains the english-speaking, but Iappreciate some logic and authenticity to what I'm watching a movie.�

Otherwise, I hope we get to see Chan' Drunken Fist again.

I think white kid killed the movie for me... I'm just used to seeing Jackie Chan or Jet Li as the main character.

It's coming out this friday? Anyone going to see?

Been a fan of both since time.

pimp.gif

Though when I did see the white dude, I shook my head.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

No Chow Yun Fat doesn't stand on the same level as far as Martial Arts fighting. You mean to say Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan's best friend. I swear that Jet Li plays the best bad guy in martial arts films.

Jet Li does play a good bad guy- although lethal weapon 4 was horrible. It was a joke how he died in that fight

::sigh:: I want to see this movie....

BUT this movie would be a LOT better if they were in their prime... and to finally do a collab after 23984723057 something years is just a littledissappointing....

Back
Top Bottom