Jackson doctor diagnoses woman with "Ghetto Booty"

:smh: doctors really need to learn cultural competency, then stuff like this won't happen.

lol I don't think the doctor is racist, I think he was just trying to hard to connect with the patient and it backfired.
laugh.gif

:smh: doctors really need to learn cultural competency, then stuff like this won't happen.

Or just common sense.

Anyone should know not to use slang in a professional setting.

He just didn't give one single Damb. Of course he knows better

Then what would you call that term in this context?
I think he was just being that awkward culturally unaware white guy who tries to be cool with black people by using outdated/inappropriate hip hop slang. It's like when I meet people in different countries who start talking like a high schooler from 1996 when they find out I'm American. Can't say he was racist for sure

Last edited:
Then what would you call that term in this context?
I think he was just being that awkward culturally unaware white guy who tries to be cool with black people by using outdated/inappropriate hip hop slang. Can't say he was racist for sure

And the reason why I asked that question is because of the awkwardness and being culturally unaware, it would be perceived as racist. It's not the intent, it's the perception. I highly doubt he would have said it to a patient of any other race. What I see is lost on a few of you is that it's implied in his response. He assumed she would understand ghetto? Yeah, ok. That's not racist at all to assume someone's level of intelligence correlated to the color of their skin.

doc should have his license revoked

you know damn well what he's getting at by calling it a "ghetto booty"

like it's some different species of people or something. some women are built differently. it's culturally insensitive at the very least, if not condescending

:lol: Ol boy was trying to hit on her and it backfired! I've always associated the term 'ghetto booty' as a compliment.

Back
Top Bottom