~~| Jae Millz Disputes the XXL Freshman Covers Vol. The Freshmen Are Firing Back |~~

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

No One Cares ABout NYC Anymore! I'm just saying no disrespect
-looks at your avy
Did you read the last part No disrespect that's what i listen to the most! But as a whole (Company's) don't really care about New NYC cats!

meanwhile vado was da biggest draw at that concert w/ cam and he wasn't even on da cover...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I only just heard of Vado once he linked up with Cam.
da power of association.....

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

-looks at your avy
Did you read the last part No disrespect that's what i listen to the most! But as a whole (Company's) don't really care about New NYC cats!
lies....all those record labels are in NYC, our boros got all da heavy hitters as far as rappers is concerned

Ok When the last time a NEW Artist came thru and did his thing? 50 is the last one i can remember..

I think it depends on what "did his thing" means.  If it means sell millions of albums all over the world and be a worldwide icon like 50 cent then uhh no one.  But if you mean just hit the main stream listener then:

Fabolous, Fat Joe and Maino all had big hits post 50 cent

and just for kicks my fav new york rappers:

Aesop Rock, El-P, Tragedy Khadafi, Torea, and Ill Bill

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Ok When the last time a NEW Artist came thru and did his thing? 50 is the last one i can remember..

I think it depends on what "did his thing" means.  If it means sell millions of albums all over the world and be a worldwide icon like 50 cent then uhh no one.  But if you mean just hit the main stream listener then:

Did you see the Bold NEW Fab & Fat Joe came out before 50 and Maino did it with the single but his album didn't do to well....

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Did you see the Bold NEW Fab & Fat Joe came out before 50 and Maino did it with the single but his album didn't do to well....
I saw the capitalized NEW couldn't see the bold one. Lol im kidding

Its tough to compare anyone to 50 in his prime then if that's what your saying.  No rapper East coast west coast or anywhere can really compare to him when it comes to numbers.  Can you name a NEW rapper from anywhere that did as well as 50 cent?  I mean 50 started to get big in about 2002.  TI was coming up around 2002 as well same with fabolous and ludacris (2000 for luda).
A lot of rappers have gotten bigger as they have gotten more experienced. 

So in the downloading era not too many "new" rappers can compare to 50 cent.  Here is why people are still caring about NYC 

Krs- One and Buckshot survival skills
Salvation by Skyzoo. 
Double Barrell by torea
Camrons crime pays
Don't feel i have to mention Blue Print 3 (best selling rap album of the year)
Raekwon put out OB4CL2 top album of 2009 time magazine. 
Jadakiss is still putting together solid releases. 
Joe Ortiz is about to drop free agent and has slaughterhouse going for him. 
Mos Def - The Ecstatic 
Nas
Pharaoh Monch
Saigon

all of these rappers have dropped material that people are checking for in the past 3 years

So to say "No one cares about NYC anymore" is False. New rapper or not what does it matter.  A lot of good music been coming out of NYC in the past year and will keep doing it.  Its where hip hop started for christ sake.

Yeah I know but Whats getting Majority of the play or half the play Not NYC All the NYC #%$#$% been in the game! It's time for some new people! All the people you named started in the 1990s or earlier I'm talking bout getting constant play no one from NYC is getting that except Jay-Z. No artist Post 2000 is getting a fair amount of spins like the south artists! I +%*% with NYC music! But I'm Just saying....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

the problem with Vado is he doesn't have a following off the internet or 5 boroughs

so what...NYC is da biggest city in da world, you couldn't squeeze in a damn NYC rapper on da cover?
eyes.gif
yall still dont realize hip hop doesn't owe NYC a god damn thing....
laugh.gif

Funny thing is most of thoz dudes will end up just like Millz.

Used as somebody tax write off, with no album to show for it.Most of them won't even end up like Millz though. Give it a year or two and half that list is gonna be doing nothing.

seriously though in 2010 a XXL cover doesn't even warrant an argument or discussion....magazines are gonna be extinct pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom