jail broke iphone question

I'm thinking about getting an iphone for t-mobile. So the question is do the phone operate on the 3g network or edge on tmobile?

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

I'm thinking about getting an iphone for t-mobile. So the question is do the phone operate on the 3g network or edge on tmobile?

I've got a 3GS on T-Mobile, it works on the EDGE network only or as a post states on a t-mobile affiliated website, "The Iphone does 3g at 1900 mhz, Tmobile uses 1700 and 2100, at the same time. The Iphone is not able to do 3g on T-mobile."

Thanks for the info! I want a new phone now its the iphone or the nexus. They cost about the same price.

Thanks for the info! I want a new phone now its the iphone or the nexus. They cost about the same price.

No fanboyisms here, I was a Blackberry user before the iPhone but you're probably better off getting the HTC HD2 if you've got money to blow and you'd like to be on t-mobile. Apple has the support (obviously) and a lot more apps which isn't really saying much because a lot of what's in the store is bloatware but if I had to choose right now between the iPhone or the Nexus...I'd go iPhone. Google's phone flopped, and if you don't believe me you'd need to dispute the facts.

What is the purpose of jailbreaking an iPhone? I don't own one and always hear this term used. Can someone break it down for me?

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

No fanboyisms here, I was a Blackberry user before the iPhone but you're probably better off getting the HTC HD2 if you've got money to blow and you'd like to be on t-mobile. Apple has the support (obviously) and a lot more apps which isn't really saying much because a lot of what's in the store is bloatware but if I had to choose right now between the iPhone or the Nexus...I'd go iPhone. Google's phone flopped, and if you don't believe me you'd need to dispute the facts.

The problem with the hd2 is I hate windows mobile!

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

What is the purpose of jailbreaking an iPhone? I don't own one and always hear this term used. Can someone break it down for me?

While I don't speak for everyone I believe the number one reason for Jailbreaking an iPhone is FULL CONTROL over your mobile device, meaning you can control the look, feel, the way it operates and more. I don't want to advertise doing anything illegal but if you google the benefits of Jailbreaking/unlocking an iPhone you'll understand why it's almost uncommon to not want to do so. Also, check out the iPhone topics here on General, they cover almost all of the issues you may be curious about.

You can't base a decision on sales. The Nexus One is a great phone, yea it didn't sell well compared to other phones, that article doesn't even compare specs and it touches base on why it sold so little. Go with the HD2 or the Nexus One or even the N900, need no to get a phone that can only use Edge. Also some people on TMO are getting the HSPA+ network which is like 3G.5.

Edit- As for WM, HTC does a great job with the UI, WM6.5 is pretty good, especially using a custom ROM and you'll soon be able to run android on it and WP7.

While I don't speak for everyone I believe the number one reason for Jailbreaking an iPhone is FULL CONTROL over your mobile device, meaning you can control the look, feel, the way it operates and more. I don't want to advertise doing anything illegal but if you google the benefits of Jailbreaking/unlocking an iPhone you'll understand why it's almost uncommon to not want to do so. Also, check out the iPhone topics here on General, they cover almost all of the issues you may be curious about.

Good looking out, thanks for the info.

And the ability to try app before you buy
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

You can't base a decision on sales. The Nexus One is a great phone, yea it didn't sell well compared to other phones, that article doesn't even compare specs and it touches base on why it sold so little. Go with the HD2 or the Nexus One or even the N900, need no to get a phone that can only use Edge. Also some people on TMO are getting the HSPA+ network which is like 3G.5.

Edit- As for WM, HTC does a great job with the UI, WM6.5 is pretty good, especially using a custom ROM and you'll soon be able to run android on it and WP7.

The sales figures will determine whether or not Google will stand by this device or go back to the drawing board. There's no question when it comes to the technical specifications, most people know its a powerful device and anyone could simply compare them via a site like PhoneArena.com if they'd like to base it on those alone. If the OP is looking for a phone thats in it for the long haul they'd need to purchase something that's guaranteed support. This is Google's first step, I don't see it as their last. I'm pretty sure they figured they'd knock it out of the park on their first try. And you do make a good point, an EDGE only phone is a bit of a disservice especially if you live in a area with poor coverage but there are always pros and cons when it comes to operating a device off it's native carrier.

i'm thinking about getting and iphone from this guy for 280, its 3g 16g. He says that its jailbroken, but NOT unlocked, and can't be unlocked. I don't get why? I thought all iphones could be unlocked. If i buy it, am i screwed? I'm with tmobile btw.

Back
Top Bottom