Jake Peavy REJECTS trade to White Sox (starts on PG.5)

jpzx

Supporter
FML.
White Sox, Padres Agree To Peavy Trade
By Cork Gaines [May 21 at 9:19am CST]
9:19am: Jon Heyman says the White Sox and Padres have agreed to a Peavy trade, and await Peavy's approval. MLB.com's Corey Brock agrees. Ken Williams, always operating under the radar. Now we get to see just how much Peavy hates the AL.

Peavy is owed an additional $8.35MM this year, $15MM in '10, $16MM in '11, $17MM in '12, and a $4MM buyout for '13. Total: $60.35MM guaranteed through 2012. It is surprising to see the White Sox willing to take on such a commitment to a pitcher.

9:09am: Via Gonzales on Twitter: "Waiting for approval from Peavy on SD trade, according to source."

6:51am: Tom Krasovic of the San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting that the Padres are in discussions to send Jake Peavy to the White Sox.

According to Padres personnel, Peavy met with Padres manager Bud Black late Wednesday night to discuss a trade overture from the Sox.

It is apparently a four-player offer, which would presumably gut Chicago's farm system. Peavy would have to approve any trade and according to Krasovic Peavy is telling people that the trade is "something to think about." However, Krasovic says Peavy "may have reservations about pitching for Ozzie Guillen."

MLB.com's Corey Brock asked Peavy about the rumor. He said, "I only know what you guys [media] know." Brock expects the Padres would require a frontline pitcher like Aaron Poreda. Scot Gregor of the Daily Herald makes the Poreda link as well, but finds Peavy's contract prohibitive. Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune says the Padres had a scout watching the White Sox last weekend in Toronto. Meanwhile, SI's Jon Heyman says Peavy still prefers the West or Midwest and the NL. Heyman likes the Cubs or Brewers.

sick.gif

In return, the Padres will receive four players headed by pitchers Clayton Richard and Aaron Poreda and two PTBNLs.
Solid haul.

I was just about to make a thread.
laugh.gif

White Sox, Padres Agree To Peavy Trade

By Cork Gaines [May 21 at 9:19am CST]
9:19am: Jon Heyman says the White Sox and Padres have agreed to a Peavy trade, and await Peavy's approval. MLB.com's Corey Brock agrees. Ken Williams, always operating under the radar. Now we get to see just how much Peavy hates the AL.

Peavy is owed an additional $8.35MM this year, $15MM in '10, $16MM in '11, $17MM in '12, and a $4MM buyout for '13. Total: $60.35MM guaranteed through 2012. It is surprising to see the White Sox willing to take on such a commitment to a pitcher.

9:09am: Via Gonzales on Twitter: "Waiting for approval from Peavy on SD trade, according to source."

6:51am: Tom Krasovic of the San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting that the Padres are in discussions to send Jake Peavy to the White Sox.

According to Padres personnel, Peavy met with Padres manager Bud Black late Wednesday night to discuss a trade overture from the Sox.

It is apparently a four-player offer, which would presumably gut Chicago's farm system. Peavy would have to approve any trade and according to Krasovic Peavy is telling people that the trade is "something to think about." However, Krasovic says Peavy "may have reservations about pitching for Ozzie Guillen."

MLB.com's Corey Brock asked Peavy about the rumor. He said, "I only know what you guys [media] know." Brock expects the Padres would require a frontline pitcher like Aaron Poreda. Scot Gregor of the Daily Herald makes the Poreda link as well, but finds Peavy's contract prohibitive. Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune says the Padres had a scout watching the White Sox last weekend in Toronto. Meanwhile, SI's Jon Heyman says Peavy still prefers the West or Midwest and the NL. Heyman likes the Cubs or Brewers.

yea the Padres are gonna get some real good players...I'm not sold Peavy is the cy young winner anymore and not sure about him in the AL but it will defhelp, Chisox got a nice rotation now if Floyd ever turns it around

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Great...There goes the race for the AL Central. 4 more months til' football
ohwell.gif

Don't lose faith yet, let's see how he does in the AL.

BTW was there any news or rumblings about this yesterday? I heard something about it on Mike & Mike this morning but that was it.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Wait, so he didn't waive his no-trade clause yet?
Not yet. But apparently he wants to get out of the Padres organization really bad, likes the Midwest, etc.

Sources say they expect him to grant the trade.

I didn't see this coming at all (being traded in general so early in the season).

On second thought - I dunno if this will happen. No AL team was on his approved list. I can see him blocking it. He'd get lit up at the Cell.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

On second thought - I dunno if this will happen. No AL team was on his approved list. I can see him blocking it.
5f413q.jpg

twins fans are running rampant in this thread
laugh.gif

stringer bell wins again
smh.gif

and i heard gordon beckham was not involved.

Back
Top Bottom