JaMarcus Russell: "His talent is substantial. He's a rare combination of size and arm strength."

Mel Kiper, Jr.: “Jamarcus Russell’s gonna immediately energize that Raider Nation, that fanbase, that football team- on the practice field, in that locker room- three years from now you could be looking at a guy that’s certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league.

You’re talking about a 2-3 year period once he’s under center. Look out because skill level that he has is certainly John Elway like.â€

27yvkle.jpg

Next stop: UFL 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mel Kiper, Jr.: “Jamarcus Russell’s gonna immediately energize that Raider Nation, that fanbase, that football team- on the practice field, in that locker room- three years from now you could be looking at a guy that’s certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league.

You’re talking about a 2-3 year period once he’s under center. Look out because skill level that he has is certainly John Elway like.â€

27yvkle.jpg

Next stop: UFL 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd like to see JaMarcus get one more chance on a different NFL team with a proven, hard-nosed coach who doesn't take +@!$ lightly. It'd give him a change of scenery, get him around a different group of guys, etc.

There's like a 15% chance that he can actually turn his career around, but I have hopes that he'll be given the chance, even if it's 3rd string.

I'd like to see JaMarcus get one more chance on a different NFL team with a proven, hard-nosed coach who doesn't take +@!$ lightly. It'd give him a change of scenery, get him around a different group of guys, etc.

There's like a 15% chance that he can actually turn his career around, but I have hopes that he'll be given the chance, even if it's 3rd string.

Originally Posted by JPZx

how'd you come up with a number like 15%?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

how'd you come up with a number like 15%?
laugh.gif

I honestly felt so bad to see his career wind up the way it did, I was a big fan of the guy in college I was one of the ones that thought he would become something big in the pros. I mean with his kind of size and arm strength it was hard to not succeed, but sadly he fell in the hands of a joke of an organization and was put in a situation where even the most talented prospects are bound to fail. I really hope another team gives him a chance and he gets to justify getting picked first in the draft, I highly doubt it will happen though 
ohwell.gif

I honestly felt so bad to see his career wind up the way it did, I was a big fan of the guy in college I was one of the ones that thought he would become something big in the pros. I mean with his kind of size and arm strength it was hard to not succeed, but sadly he fell in the hands of a joke of an organization and was put in a situation where even the most talented prospects are bound to fail. I really hope another team gives him a chance and he gets to justify getting picked first in the draft, I highly doubt it will happen though 
ohwell.gif

Well in Mel's defense if you go back and read quotes from other people that year they were all saying the same thing. Russell got fat and lazy and here we are.

This is only yet another example though of Mel Kiper/Todd Mcshay having the most cushioned job in the world. Be propped up as an "expert," make bold statements, tell us where guys are going to be picked......and your success rate is about what everyone else's is....20-30%. And the best part? We move on to next season and no one pays attention to what you said the year before so you can say as much outlandish stuff as you want.

Well in Mel's defense if you go back and read quotes from other people that year they were all saying the same thing. Russell got fat and lazy and here we are.

This is only yet another example though of Mel Kiper/Todd Mcshay having the most cushioned job in the world. Be propped up as an "expert," make bold statements, tell us where guys are going to be picked......and your success rate is about what everyone else's is....20-30%. And the best part? We move on to next season and no one pays attention to what you said the year before so you can say as much outlandish stuff as you want.

Back
Top Bottom