Jameer Nelson Might Play in the Finals

http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/05/31/magic.nelson.ap/index.html

[h1]Magic evaluating Nelson's status for NBA Finals[/h1]
Posted May 31 2009 2:38PM

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Orlando is evaluating All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson for a possible return to the Magic lineup for the NBA Finals that begin Thursday night in Los Angeles.

Magic spokesman Joel Glass said on Sunday that Nelson's rehabilitation from a shoulder injury is ahead of schedule but that his status remains uncertain.

Nelson has been out since early February with what had been called a season-ending shoulder tear.

Magic president Bob Vander Weide told The Orlando Sentinel after Saturday's win against Cleveland that he wanted Nelson to take another MRI and consult with doctors for a possible comeback.

Nelson has been working out and has said he has full range of motion. But Magic general manager Otis Smith has repeatedly said there is no way Nelson could return this season.

Nonsense. It would be a very stupid move to mess up core chemistry. Just a ploy to throw off the Lakers' coaching staff.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Come back or not Orlando winning the championship this year
co-sign, but i must be alone, but since i'm a warriors fan i thought this was about don nelson at first so i was
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

He was the Magic's best player in the two regular season wins against the Lakers. They could definitely use him..

Another injured player trying to make a comeback in the middle of playoffs (albeit, it is the greatest stage on Earth). Where have I seen this web of a talebefore?

I hope Nelson would understand that his role in getting to the playoffs was just as important as them being in the finals now. He shouldn't need to play tore-affirm his use within the team.

I dont think he'll be that effective...finals basketball is on another level and hes just coming back from injury. I dont think its a good idea

Dude has to be rusty...you have to count on him having at least 2 sub-par games and you can't really afford that. Maybe have him come off the bench and seeif he brings a spark on the floor

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Come back or not Orlando winning the championship this year
co-sign, but i must be alone, but since i'm a warriors fan i thought this was about don nelson at first so i was
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
haha me too

lol, I almost quoted the one that said Phoenix

complete nonsense. Jameer just said that he is trying to make pre-season and 2 days later Orlando's Organization says he will be ready. lmao

Jameer has gone thru shoot arounds and pre game warm up every game of the last two playoff series.
He looks good. Wonder if he's in shape to play
I think they Need him
He roasted the Lakers this season

I'd be surprised if Jameer came back, unless they were trying to down his injury when recently asked about it... which is a possibility.

I would love to have him back for the Finals, but not unless he's 100%.

who cares its not like hell be that effective if he does play. theres a huge difference in going through the motions of practice and the nba finals.

I doubt he'll be effective. Rafer and AJ have been playing well.
Idk, if you cut those guys minutes and give them to Jameer. Although one or both of them might struggle against the Lakers.

Still, it gives the Magic more ammunition. They're gonna need it.

If he does come back they should just have him come off the bench...

Not worth risking the chemistry they have going right now...

He shouldn't start but if he is ready he will take over for Anthony Johnson which would be a nice upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom