January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just can't help yourself but take those jabs at WWE, huh :lol:

Can I tell you a story?

Lemme tell you a story.

There was a young kid from Queens, New York in 1989.

He had a high fever and was coughing for about a week. Then one day he was changing channels and he stopped at 1 channel. It showed this one guy with what looked like a cowboy hat and shades and all these colors he had on. Then it said "The Macho Man Randy Savage". Then I saw these guys get into this ring and "fight". I was blown away, this was amazing to me. Then I said "whoa, what is this? What is the WWF?" So I kept watching and I just fell in love. Ever since then I have been in love with wrestling.
WWF, NWA, WCW, GWF, ECW, NXT and (hopefully AEW)

I'm just a fan, man. It's the only way to enjoy Wrestling. Bashing a promotion doesn't help, it only hurts and makes us look bad.

You see these goofs that have wrestling podcast where they "give their perspective on the week's shows/news" and swear up and down that they are experts and have never ran a promotion are the ones who are killing it for the rest of us.

Listen, this is a human talking to a legless serpent. I have a nephew who is 9 and enjoys Wrestling. I'll be dammed if I ruin it for him by just telling him "hey watch only this company". Instead I will tell him "give all these promotions a chance, you never know which wrestler/s you will be a fan of."

I hope you took some time to read this.

30 years of being a fan and I don't see myself stopping.

My point is he was doing the same high spots moonsault ddt springboard forearm fireman's carry to the knee ECT. No one blinks an eye Cody does a spring board kick the world flips out. (Disclaimer I'm no Cody fan just want y'all to keep that same energy y'all have towards him as everybody else)

The difference being, when Cody does that spring board back kick he does it in slow motion and his foot doesn't come close to making contact with his opponent..

Aj's on a whole other level than Cody..He's tailored his game to fit into TNA and ROH and NJPW and WWE..He may do the same stuff, like most wrestlers, but he knows how to switch it up and make a match have psychology..Cody doesn't know how to do that..His NJPW/Indie/AEW matches are the same thing he was doing in WWE..Same pacing, same sequences, same expressions, same, same, same..I will say his promos have improved, but they still sound like something written for him in WWE..

To be fair, times were different back then. No way would people react to Goldust like that today or else it’d look really bad

You can't use that excuse..Times are always different..But getting heat is getting heat..Drawing money is drawing money..Selling merch is selling merch..And Goldust sold some gotdamned merch..He moved the hell outta that needle and that's something Cody doesn't have built into his DNA..Dusty had IT..Dustin/The Natural/Goldust had IT..Cody does not have IT..

You can't use that excuse..Times are always different..But getting heat is getting heat..Drawing money is drawing money..Selling merch is selling merch..And Goldust sold some gotdamned merch..He moved the hell outta that needle and that's something Cody doesn't have built into his DNA..Dusty had IT..Dustin/The Natural/Goldust had IT..Cody does not have IT..
Yeah Kenny is the only member in The Elite that actually has it.

Good morning jabronis of NTWT, its the weekend

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom