March Wrestling Thread/April Thread will be up on the second /WM Week

Impact Wrestling preview (Mar. 28, 2018): Powerhouses collide!
By Kyle Decker@kfd2010 Mar 29, 2018, 9:00am EDTSHARE
Screen_Shot_2018_03_28_at_8.52.41_PM.0.png
Impact Wrestling YouTube
Impact Wrestling returns tonight (Mar. 29) from the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. It is the ninth episode from the most recent set of tapings.

Here is what’s advertised for tonight:

• Austin Aries vs. Matt Sydal, World title vs. Grand Championship
  • Bobby Lashley vs. Brian Cage
  • Eddie Edwards enters the lions den
  • Su Yung’s debut
  • Rohit Raju vs. Petey Williams vs. Suicide vs. Ishimori
As per usual, here are our five questions about Impact tonight:

1) Isn’t Josh Mathews the Grand Champion?

Impact is advertised a champion vs. champion match between Matt Sydal and Austin Aries. Aries will put his world title on the line while Matt will be defending the Grand Championship.

The only thing that’s odd about that is Sydal gave the Grand Championship to his spiritual guide Josh Mathews as a gift. Mathews claims he is the Grand Champion.

Impact never came out and said that didn’t count, but is that what we are to assume? I mean it would make sense. No good promotion would allow people to trade around championships willy-nilly.

I would expect them to address that at one point tonight. There’s another thing I’d like to know about this match....

2) Why is this title vs. title match happening?

Last week in the recap, I lamented about how title matches in Impact lose their luster because they happen so randomly so often. So what do they do? They book a world title vs. midcard title match.

This was not something that was set up on television at all. It was just advertised on their Twitter after the the last episode aired. This is the world title we’re talking about and it’s being defended in a match where if there’s a clean finish, someone is losing a title and someone is becoming a double champion.

This isn’t a question I should have to ask regarding a title match.

3) Is this Lashley’s last stand?

Bobby Lashley was one of the three names that left Impact after this taping was finished. Laurel Van Ness has not been seen since she lost the Knockouts title at Crossroads and they have moved on without her. EC3 had his big send off last week in a very fitting segment.

That leaves Lashley as the last of those three left. He’ll need to move on sooner or later since he won’t be involved in the build to the pay-per-view give he won’t be at that show. And he’ll likely put someone over on the way out. Is that person Brian Cage?

It would surely make sense. Cage will be replacing Lashley as the big powerhouse so getting the rub from the Destroyer would help.

Both these men are big, athletic dudes. This should be quite the match.

4) What is Eddie thinking?

Eddie Edwards is going to take the fight to Sami Callihan by “entering the lion’s den?” I’m not entirely sure what this means, but it reads as if he’s going to enter oVe’s turf alone to start a fight.

And to that I say, “What the hell are you thinking, Eddie?”

Sami and oVe have been one step ahead of Eddie Edwards this entire way. Just last week, they stalked Edwards’ wife in a hotel to lure Eddie there and attack him. While it makes sense that Eddie wants to get some revenge, going into the lion’s den outnumbers is a surefire recipe for another *** kicking.

Unless he has a plan.

5) Is Su Yung Allie’s next challenger?

With Sienna out due to illness, Laurel Van Ness gone, and Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie preoccupied with each other, Allie is without someone to fight at Redemption.

Enter Allie’s attacker last week Su Yung.

Su Yung is new to Impact but made a big splash on her debut, laying out the champ. With her face paint and attitude, she has a Rosemary vibe, which is intriguing. Allie and Rosemary have an odd friendship. But now here’s a similar Knockout who is targeting the champion. It doesn’t look like Allie is going to find the same odd alliance that she does with the Demon Assassin.

Su Yung will be in action tonight. That will surely give us a clearer picture to the path of the champ and the newcomer.

Impact Wrestling airs tonight at 8 EST on Pop TV. Who’s watching?

Last edited:
1) Magnus finally makes it to the WWE, but they put him on SD to keep him away from Mickie James cause they’re petty.

2) Authors of Pain, Drew McIntyre, Heavy Machinery, Ember Moon, and Nikki Cross are on the main roster within the next 4 months

3) Alestair Black and Lars Sullivan are RR entrants, then disappear back to NXT and their RR spots are only acknowledged by NXT commentators

4) Impact has more flux, and Hania, Diamente, and Chelsea Green are all the next women signed to NXT in the fall.

5) Usos will still be the best tag team in ALL of wrestling.

Agree Disagree

AJ
Gargano
Strong

Top 3 performers in 2017. Wwe

Meltzer

Would definitely put Pete Dunne over Strong. Not only did Dunne have better matches, but he’s also not a CAW cutting embarrassing promos

Would definitely put Pete Dunne over Strong. Not only did Dunne have better matches, but he’s also not a CAW cutting embarrassing promos

I'll probably put Hania's cheeks on my list this time next year

Guess I gotta start watching wrestling soon. Going to NXT Philly this month with my brother. Rumble tickets were just outrageous

No. Don't try to butter us up now you Benidict Arnold.

Great list :pimp:

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom