Japan’s population projected to plummet by almost 40 million by 2065

So, Japan needs help raising their population......

tenor (2).gif

CleanAdoredGerbil-small.gif

Last edited:
I forgot where I saw it, but some scholars argue that Japanese decline in population is highly exaggerated. I Might have to do some research on that

Second part is changing:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...00000-low-skilled-laborers-2025/#.XBLuZ7hOk0M

I can't find the article I am looking for (from the same newspaper), but they already have work programs that allow high-skilled foreigners to immigrate for 3-5 years.

Of course it's changing. They have no choice.

But decades and decades of being closed to immigration will take a long time to solve. Not only numbers wise but the mentality of Japanese people must change regarding immigrants to have an healthy society.

Have yall heard about Japan's work culture?

Not even once. Good on Japan

Have yall heard about Japan's work culture?

Not even once. Good on Japan

Karōshi (過労死), which can be translated literally as "overwork death" in Japanese, is occupational sudden mortality.

Yeah I'm good with that, I'll work my 9-5 and go home.

I've been considering moving there, but the shrinking population is very concerning.

In the long run isn't this a good thing?

Probably not. You think the Japanese are gonna be all lovey dovey with the foreigners coming it?

All them old people gon die off in massive numbers. And who's to say if these people that are being brought in will stay?

Probably not. You think the Japanese are gonna be all lovey dovey with the foreigners coming it?

All them old people gon die off in massive numbers. And who's to say if these people that are being brought in will stay?
I meant if their population continued to dwindle.

As for immigrants, well can't get that much consistent resistance from a decreasing population.

Unfortunately for Japan this seems to just be a part of their national culture/DNA. Interactions on the global stage and their dedication to isolationism withering away the flourishing of the country is what they've become. WW2 resulted in them basically being defanged and they eventually accepted it. So in the face of immigration morphing the look and culture over a few generations they will eventually albeit unwillingly accept that too unless they make huge strides in cloning/baby farms.

As for ppl being brought in staying, at first yeah I'm sure they'll be some unwilling to deal with the problems but over time a shrinking country will be susceptible from takeover from within.

And let's say that doesn't happen, China is just gonna finally annex Japan and probably a billion of their citizens on the island.

I just can't see people outside Japan's culture adopting their work culture unless you're willing to accept lower wage jobs.

I can't see their culture drastically changing within even 3 generations, it's too extreme a switch from their current xenophobic culture.

I just can't see people outside Japan's culture adopting their work culture unless you're willing to accept lower wage jobs.

I can't see their culture drastically changing within even 3 generations, it's too extreme a switch from their current xenophobic culture.
There are foreign companies that don't have the ridiculous work culture. You'll make less money but you'll get healthcare, food can be inexpensive, and you don't need a car in big cities.

Back
Top Bottom