Jar Jar Banks was a Sith Lord

I always preferred the OG but now I'm going to have rewatch the prequel. Actually did start the Machete order.

if Lucas was really aiming for this Jar Jar buildup, I can only imagine the reaction the grand reveal would have gotten :wow: :x

Damn.

Damn...this is crazy. Imagine the fan boys from the 70s and 80s who would have their world turned upside down knowing that Jar jar was the true sith lord.

Jar Jar always seemed a little too dumb yet at the same time too crafty...

Makes so much sense now

Can sorta believe that. Need Lucas to talk about this. :lol:

That video had me mind blown man.

Yo. My mind is literally blown right now.

Why didn't this happen.

I really need to know if this is true or not....

Stupid George Lucas isn't creative or thoughtful enough for this to be true

It's fan fiction, passed off as "omg, George Lucas is actually a genius!!!" No, it's just people trying to find deeper meaning in simple, shallow characters. Notice how there aren't any fan theories (to this extent) regarding ANYONE from the original movies. Why? Because we knew exactly who those characters were. You can frame a (ultimately) non-important character like Jar Jar into anything you want in order to fit a narrative. Now, try it with Han Solo. You can't. Because we know who he is. Jar Jar is meaningless, so people will go to the ends of the earth to find meaning.

This is also how conspiracy theorists operate.

It's fan fiction, passed off as "omg, George Lucas is actually a genius!!!" No, it's just people trying to find deeper meaning in simple, shallow characters. Notice how there aren't any fan theories (to this extent) regarding ANYONE from the original movies. Why? Because we knew exactly who those characters were. You can frame a (ultimately) non-important character like Jar Jar into anything you want in order to fit a narrative. Now, try it with Han Solo. You can't. Because we know who he is. Jar Jar is meaningless, so people will go to the ends of the earth to find meaning.

View media item 1807020

"As far as you know, did George Lucas ever consider making any changes to Jar-Jar Binks in light of the general negative reaction towards him?"

" Not to the character, but to the story arc there were huge changes"

I like you man

Yooooooooooooooooo! :smh:

If true, why did Lucas chicken out on this??!! Son gave fan reaction too much attention. This got me wanting to re-watch the prequels actually. I mean if this had gone down fan reaction would've done a complete 180 or at least they would've looked like idiots thinking Jar Jar was just a meaningless joke there to offend.

The there are always 2 siths; the master and apprentice, and the repeated pattern of decoys throughout all the movies got me all but convinced.

Last edited:
No joke Jar Jar was my favorite character as a kid. Had no idea people hated him up until 3 years ago. Dude was boding everybody with happy accidents, I knew he couldn't be a dummy.

Goes to show you gotta let genius work and unfold their master plan.

Jar Jar was hated out of the gate and many thought he was an ethnic stereotype.

The theory could be valid just off the strength that a lot of screen time and the initial story was devoted to Jar Jar. Lucas tried to pull another Yoda with Binks being goofy and light hearted as a disguise but it blew up in his face because it was poorly executed.

Last edited:
Why you gotta spoil the fun man :smh:

Not really, his theory is not airtight. This is star wars, there's a ton of theories, Eu stuff, a lot about Han Solo. Literally thousands about each character since inception, and I'm sure everyone knows this, yourself included, not sure why you posted that. There's theories swirling around about Han's role in this next episode, what are you even saying man? Jar jar being meaningful was from George's own mouth before any backlash. That's just your typical "for some reason, I think the creative genius billionaire that created this world is an idiot". And it makes sense to them.

Last edited:
Jar Jar was hated out of the gate and many thought he was an ethnic stereotype.

The theory could be valid just off the strength that a lot of screen time and the initial story was devoted to Jar Jar. Lucas tried to pull another Yoda with Binks being goofy and light hearted as a disguise but it blew up in his face because it was poorly executed.

Yeah his big mistake was ****ing it up. Meesa yessa massa sounding jar jar wasn't going to fly, it was unnecessary. As much as people hate the character though, it may have been genius. All this time it was cb4/keyser soze while we're thinking mammy.

Imagine the Jar Jar reveal & he drops the dopey idiot voice. A cold, deep voice suddenly bellows from Darth Binks. That would have been classic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom