Jar Jar Banks was a Sith Lord

So yeah you disagree with what was said then.

From what I gathered the massive changes were specifically in reference to Jar Jar's story arc. It was repeated several times.

Even so you just said he was surrounded by sycophants and yes men. That the prequels was Lucas unfiltered yet for some reason midway through after plotting the whole thing massive changes were needed to the story? That contradicts.

Obviously there's more going on here you want to ignore. Jar Jar being a sith theory aside.

Last edited:

Im saying doe, "Screw all the evidence! I dont like George Lucas, it cant be true!!"

laugh.gif
mean.gif
Meanwhile, the supporters of this theory are ignoring the fact that the prequels were an exemplification of poor story, abysmal writing, glaring plotholes, and virtually nonexistent character development

I guess Lucas focused all of his masterful writing talent on this Jar Jar subplot and couldn't be bothered to treat the rest of the films with the same level of thought
LMFAO

if all that other stuff is true, the theorists might as well cut it out

You can watch the making of for The Phantom Menace and SEE the yes men in action

That's not speculation or a theory that I picked up from reddit

You can watch it and see for yourself

But you agree the orginal was great, yes?

So what you're saying is once one puts out trash, no matter how great said person was, they could never show any signs of greatness ever again?

Kobe cant have one more 40 pt game??

George couldnt have one more great idea?
Original was great, but the best installment (Empire) wasn't written or directed by George. 

He wrote and directed 3 very bad films (prequels) in a row. 

You and I both know Kobe isn't sniffing another 40pt game

I don't think George has a single good idea in him pertaining to SW, thank Disney we will never have to hear from him again either.

According to the last few posts, prequels partly sucked cuz it lacked a Han Solo type (Kenobi and Jinn didn't really fit that) cuz both Luke and Anakin were whiny and soft. I can't disagree there. They weren't cool at all. Luke was set up to be the hero while Anakin obviously was the tragic villain.

Darth Vader was always gonna have some super sad reason for becoming a villain. That was the case once we find out Luke and Leia were his kids. How it happened though made me feel like it should've never been shown. From comics to books to tv to movies I've seen way better and more epic heel turns, some even justified. The **** with Anakin still felt rushed somehow given the pacing and what some of the movies spent time on.

The writing mainly sucked. Hayden isn't the best actor by a wide margin when it comes to choices for the role but he's had at least one really good acting performance in his resume. He just did not bring that to this. That's partly to do with direction. They completely wasted my girl Natalie Portman though. Funny how the homey Liam Neeson got out relatively lucky and died early on.

Last edited:
I bought all of them on Thanksgiving day (HD downloads) and binge watched in order with my daughters. It was an amazing experience. Got choked up once or twice from them being so in to it and reliving my youth through them.

Now we're making our way through the Clone Wars series on Netflix which fills in so many gaps and is honestly very well written. (series must be watched in a particular order) It seems like the only reason they made it a cartoon was it would've been extremely expensive to make that with real actors.

And after rewatching with my children, the prequels weren't as bad as I remembered them to be. Perfect way to draw kids in with young and kid relatable Anakin.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Last edited:
I had a power outage at work for the past 2 hours.  Spent the entire time reading the entire reddit post on this subject.

I am now 100% convinced that the original plan was that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord and that Lucas chickened out from executing this vision due to the backlash from fans.  100% convinced.

I had a power outage at work for the past 2 hours.  Spent the entire time reading the entire reddit post on this subject.

I am now 100% convinced that the original plan was that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord and that Lucas chickened out from executing this vision due to the backlash from fans.  100% convinced.
The backlash changed everything.

If the star wars series was littered with tiny microscopic clues that lead up to bigger pictures then it makes sense

But as an outsider looking in, son doing a high *** flip and him mouthing what someone else is saying is straight up shootin in the dark

So crazy if Jar Jar was really the Master Sith.

What would the outrage be if he appeared in The Force Awakens? LMAO

I dont think he'll ever confirm or deny.

If he confirms he looks soft, denying it would confirm all the down talk.

What if Abrams picks up the story arch, doe?

I think it would be so dumb if jar jar was the sith the whole time, pay off would have been so anti-climatic....like this clumsy ***, stumblin, and stutterin fool has the power to destroy the universe huh.....

so you telling me qai-gon and obi-wan cant sense this foo's foos power while they standing right next to him....nahhhh

qai-gon sniffed out darth maul in a heart beat.......unless jar jar doing some dragonball z hiding my power level ****
(witch would be so corny) Im not buying it....

LOL at the kung fu comparissons....super reaching here.....

Last edited:
I think it would be so dumb if jar jar was the sith the whole time, pay off would have been so anti-climatic....like this clumsy ***, stumblin, and stutterin fool has the power to destroy the universe huh.....

so you telling me qai-gon and obi-wan cant sense this foo's foos power while they standing right next to him....nahhhh

qai-gon sniffed out darth maul in a heart beat.......unless jar jar doing some dragonball z hiding my power level ****
(witch would be so corny) Im not buying it....

LOL at the kung fu comparissons....super reaching here.....

1. It was all an act.
2. He was so raw he could conceal his power levels. DBZ characters did it all the time and no one ever called it corny.
3. I take it you've never seen Jackie Chan's Drunken Master. That exactly what every fight scene looked like.

You missed the most important part of the Reddit thread that supports your theory. This is a post from the same dude who presented the theory:

Imagine for a moment that Yoda did not reveal himself as the ultimate Jedi master until Return of the Jedi. That Yoda spent all of Empire Strikes Back wobbling along behind Luke like a pet, going "Hee hee, ho ho, whooooa, can I get another yum yum snack bar, yesss?"

Instead of beloved, he'd have been reviled. "How dare Lucas ruin Star Wars with a muppet, for chrissakes???" and the whole triolgy is ruined.

His tragic mistake this time around was letting the "silly facade" of Mystical Alien Character percolate between episodes, and not having the courage to follow through in the face of intense (but misplaced) criticism.

That being said, I won't deny that Jar Jar became an ally of Palpatine at some point and worked in his favor. After all, he did become a politician, and one of his character traits was to please others (sometimes intentionally, other times not so much). I'm just not buying the overly complicated Sith Lord theory.

Back
Top Bottom