Jason Taylor To Sign w/Miami Dolphins 1 yr/ 1.1 Mill

[h2]Taylor takes less money for Miami return[/h2]
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Jason Taylor danced with the stars more than a year ago, but he sacrificed morethan $7 million this year to stay close to his family and play football in Miami.

Taylor agreed to a one-year, $1.1 million deal Wednesday with the Miami Dolphins. The moveallows him to stay at his Miami home with his wife and three children. It also allows him to rejoin an organization he considers to be an extended part of hisfamily.

There are $400,000 of additional incentives in the agreement, which Taylor and his agent, Gary Wichard, confirmed was reached Wednesday.

1245.jpg

Taylor

The new deal is $7 million less than what Taylor could have earned this year with the WashingtonRedskins. On March 2, Taylor walked away from the $8.5 million he was scheduled to make from the ******** when he refused to spend the offseason atRedskins Park, preferring to spend the offseason with his family.

"My heart has always been in Miami and so I'm truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again," Taylor said in a statement. "I waspresented with a number of different opportunities, but in the end the combination of this being the best situation for my family, my love for this communityand my tremendous loyalty to a great organization made this an easy decision."

In the end, money wasn't a factor in his final decision to return to the Dolphins. Earlier this week, he got word to the Dolphins to put together anoffer that fit within their budget and salary cap. Because he had been averaging $7 million a year since the early 2000s, Taylor wasn't under any financialpressure to play.

The ******** released Taylor when he told them he wouldn't participate in the offseason workouts because it was more important to spend time with hiswife and kids, who weren't moving north to be with him during the season. He's also resisted two lucrative movie deals because it would cause him tospend time away from home.

Taylor also resisted the temptation to go to the New England Patriots, who were willing tooffer him more than the deal he accepted in Miami.

More than a dozen teams expressed interest in Taylor once he was released, but he kept every team on hold for a couple of months while he invested his timewith his family.

Taylor a six-time Pro Bowl selection and 2006 defensive player of the year, is one of the game's best pass rushers, with 120½ career sacks.

He was traded to the ******** last year for a second-round choice in 2009 and a sixth-round choice in 2010. Part of the reason the Dolphins traded him wasTaylor's offseason participation in "Dancing With The Stars," in which he finished second and received national acclaim.

Taylor is entering his 13th season. Even though he agreed to a one-year deal with the Dolphins, he's told friends he's like to play three moreseasons if possible.

So we essentially got Pat White for Jason's one year in Washington?
pimp.gif

Welcome home JT, but he should be a rotational guy only, not a key memeber on the D line.

LMAO came back with his tail between his legs. I'll enjoy watching him cry again.

GO JETS!

So to recap last year's trade:

******** Get:

DE/OLB Jason Taylor

Dolphins Get:

2009 2nd Round Pick (# 44) = Pat White aka WildPat

2010 6th Round Pick

DE/OLB Jason Taylor

laugh.gif
roll.gif
tuna took snyder for a ride. nice to have you back JT, i have to dust off the ol' #99 jersey. oh and to the clueless jets fan, can't waittil ryan gets exposed like marvin and nolan. how'd favre work out for you again?

Back
Top Bottom