JAVA PROGRAMMERS OR ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH JAVA HELP!!!! I literally need to learn it overnight :-0

Ok well I just got a phone call saying General Electric should be hitting me up about an internship, but I need to be familiar with using Java. I havent doneanything with Java since High School so I am like totally blank.

How hard will it be to get the fundamentals down pack? And are there sites I can use to aid me? Thanks for any help guys!

That's was
pimp.gif

I mean duh I googled it, but I really dont know where to begin, is this that tough to learn in a short amount of time?

haha If only I used torrents

freak I know its more cats who can help or at least give insight man
frown.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

frown.gif

you tryna do java but don't know torrents?
might as well continue being mr.bowtie

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

frown.gif

you tryna do java but don't know torrents?
might as well continue being mr.bowtie
indifferent.gif

The hell does me not using Torrents for Downloading purposes have to do with anything?

tutorialized.com has some examples, no step by steps though.

not sure what you'll be doing at GE but all you're gonna find online is examples of how to make extremely simple games and apps.

there are some Computer Science majors on here maybe they can help. haven't started Java yet

Originally Posted by infamousod

tutorialized.com has some examples, no step by steps though.

not sure what you'll be doing at GE but all you're gonna find online is examples of how to make extremely simple games and apps.
Yea I`m really confused right now, because this was so random. Chick called me like "Yo you still tryna intern?" And I`m like "HellYEa" and she like well GE might be contacting you for this internship opportunity, and she was like do you know Java? and I havent used Java since 11thgrade so it's like totally out of my system, and I`m a Computer Info System major so ours is a mix of Programming/Database work and Business stuff, so Mejust finishing up Soph. year I was mainly doing Business classes, so I`m really scrwed sort of. She didnt say what kind of position, so I cant even really askfor help on what I need to learn,
frown.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

there are some Computer Science majors on here maybe they can help. haven't started Java yet
I'm a computer science major and I suggest to torrent a book.. Go thru the first few chapters at least.. Learn the basics of programming(oop/d).. How to declare classes.. Learn about loops and if's and whatnot.. How to declare a class, etc..

And I mean, the book is called Learn Java in 24 Hours.. not sure how much more relevant you can get..

overnight?
you serious?

if you say you had experience in HS with it, then a few random tutorials should spark your brain back up..
but other than that... i doubt youll be able to pull it off...
look at it this way: If they're considering you for an internship where knowledge of coding + computer languages is a requisite, then theyre expecting youto know WAY more than the basics... basic CLI stuff wont cut it..

Sorry but you can't just fool them into thinking that you know Java, certainly not what you can learn in one day. They're not stupid.

hmmmm better google.
look up basic java tags.
basic recursion and loop techniques
learn basic processes.
java is difficult to learn overnight, start learning google and practicing.

Peace lucuious

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Sorry but you can't just fool them into thinking that you know Java, certainly not what you can learn in one day. They're not stupid.
I`m gonna email chick saying I cant do it, I wasnt trying to fool anyone, chick hit me up out the blue, and I straight told her that I did notknow Java like that and she was like "well hmm you can start looking right now"
roll.gif

aww well maybe next yr, funny that I`m actually taking a Java class next yr
indifferent.gif

I`m gonna email chick saying I cant do it, I wasnt trying to fool anyone, chick hit me up out the blue, and I straight told her that I did not know Java like that and she was like "well hmm you can start looking right now"
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
Trust me, they can tell who knows what. It will most likely be the manager who will interview you so they can tell what you know. I'm notsaying to give up but be honest and say something like I'm not that familiar with Java but I can definitely pick it up quickly and tell them if you haveprior experience with other programming languages. Also, ask them how much knowledge of Java is needed. Maybe the position just requires basic knowledge.

I`m gonna email chick saying I cant do it, I wasnt trying to fool anyone, chick hit me up out the blue, and I straight told her that I did not know Java like that and she was like "well hmm you can start looking right now"
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
Trust me, they can tell who knows what. It will most likely be the manager who will interview you so they can tell what you know. I'm not saying to give up but be honest and say something like I'm not that familiar with Java but I can definitely pick it up quickly and tell them if you have prior experience with other programming languages. Also, ask them how much knowledge of Java is needed. Maybe the position just requires basic knowledge.
Yea, same thing happened when I interviewed with Lockheed Martin, I had a GREAT interview, but me and the manager couldnt really talk to much onmy technical skills because I`m only a Soph *Junior in fall* so I havent really done anything. Like I learn things QUICK, I cant learn something I dont knowwhere to start at.
frown.gif

It's possible to learn new syntax if you know a different language already, otherwise theres no way you can.

Could you learn Japanese overnight?? Didn't think so. Programming languages require the same amount of learning & PRACTICE, and that takes time. Fail.

Learn how to write for and while loops and how the loops work, arrays( at least know 2 dimensional arrays),calling methods, calling from a private class,datatypes(int,short,longbyte),floating ppoints(float and double),truth table, and maybe know how to use a scanner to opt for user input. But those are the verybasic. I learned java to comfortably program in about 1 semester, but its because I programmed with C++ before and its very similar.

Back
Top Bottom