Javaris Crittenten wanted in shooting death of mother of 4

Just saw it online

tired.gif

[h1]Javaris Crittenton charged with murder[/h1]
Associated Press

ATLANTA -- Police say former NBA player Javaris Crittenton has been charged with murder after a woman was shot on an Atlanta street.

Crittenton

Police spokesman Carlos Campos says police have secured a murder warrant for the arrest of Crittenton, who played at Georgia Tech, in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Jullian Jones on Aug. 19. Campos said Crittenton is not in custody and is wanted.

Police said Jones was walking with a group of people on the city's southwest side when she was shot.

Investigators say they don't believe the woman was the intended target. Campos said the motive appears to be retaliation for a robbery in April, in which Crittenton was a victim.

Crittenton most recently played in the NBA with the Washington Wizards and was involved in a gun altercation with Gilbert Arenas. He is on the roster of the NBDL's Dakota Wizards.

Crittenton didn't play last season because of an ankle injury. He was given a 38-game suspension by the NBA after he and Arenas acknowledged bringing guns into the locker room following a dispute stemming from a card game on a team flight.

Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge on Jan. 25, 2010, and received probation. He wasn't re-signed by the Wizards.

The Charlotte Bobcats signed Crittenton to a non-guaranteed contract before last season but he was waived Oct. 15.

Crittenton was the 19th overall pick by the Los Angeles Lakers in 2007. He played little with Los Angeles and was sent to Memphis in the Pau Gasol deal his rookie year. He was traded to Washington in December 2008.

Crittenton averaged 5.3 points and 1.8 assists in 113 NBA games.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6899974/former-nba-player-javaris-crittenton-charged-murder

Wow. Supposebly he was shooting at some dudes who robbed him back in April, missed and shot the chick in her hip....she died during surgery.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And just to think I thought he wasn't about that life. Damn if this is true. Damn.
I know I remember him being  on the lakers and thinking he was quiet and a good guy.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Makes you wonder how much Javaris & Gil were "playing" around....Gil, I can see joking....

Gil bout that life too bruh

22 and 4 kids? Yikes. RIP nonetheless.

I remember wanting this guy on the Warriors as a back up...can't imagine him teaming up with SJax back then.

dumb n words will be dumb n words...

im black. if it matters

sad it was retaliatory incident to... had he had the cal on him n the first place he wouldnta got got

sounds like premeditated to me if it was revenge... he bout to be a basketball player doin football numbers
30t6p3b.gif

Man I remember hoopin' with him at Hermosa 24. It's all gone downhill since he got traded. 
30t6p3b.gif

Dude was pretty close to Dwight Howard growing up. I am surprised he didn't pull him in after the whole Gil incident. Nothing to say other than that is really sad and tragic. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom