Jay-Blueprint 2 (the song) Appreciation

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Last real n alive>blueprint 2
I listened that track a lot last week for some reason. It was dope only for the fact that, that was one of the only tracks where we kinda got tofind out what really was goin on between the tow of them.

But in all honesty. No.

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

Game Over!! Straight fire

Originally Posted by Heshua

This song is amazing, so real. It still shocks me that people think ether is a good diss song. Nas whines on 80% of the song about stuff that has nothing to do with Jay and when he does get at him it's corny stuff like gay-z and other 3rd grader lines. Terrible.
QFT!! Ether is seriously one of the most overrated diss tracks ever....In all of Jays disses he spits straight facts...Nas is just just coming upwith a whole bunch of lines about how he is gay and what not

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

this song makes the album a classic
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

This is just a sore loser refusing to accept defeat... Jay was trying to bait NaS into a different type of battle wit h"Takeover"... Obviously that didn't work into his favor was "Ether" really put him in his place... So he tried to take a NaS-like approach and attack him on different levels, not just music but his character as a man... The song is coo, but if he was tryin to prove he was better than NaS this wasn't the record to do that... You don't wait a year and comeback with somethin like this... He's tryin to diss NaS for being positive in his music, that was always something that bothered me about Jay, he felt he was so above the game standards that he could diss an established artist... For being positive?? Who does this N think is is... No wonder he lost...
Takeover was a response to nas' "stillmatic freestyle"

Jay set the trap, Nas came with a freestyle spittin lies bout gettin paid from samplings when...well duke aint get a coin.
laugh.gif

"set the trap" and Nas fell in it.

Jay tried to bait him with the Summer Jam $%%$... Cause he got @ Prodigy (with the 2nd verse from "Takeover") then he just said " Ask NaS hedon't want it with Hov..." but didn't do the verse.

Stillmatic Freestyle was a response to that... Then "Takeover"... Then "Ether"... Jay asked for it, you can't think you can diss NaSwith the same effort you would used to go @ Prodigy...

YO! ^ Exactly.

This is just a sore loser refusing to accept defeat... Jay was trying to bait NaS into a different type of battle wit h"Takeover"... Obviously that didn't work into his favor was "Ether" really put him in his place... So he tried to take a NaS-like approach and attack him on different levels, not just music but his character as a man... The song is coo, but if he was tryin to prove he was better than NaS this wasn't the record to do that... You don't wait a year and comeback with somethin like this... He's tryin to diss NaS for being positive in his music, that was always something that bothered me about Jay, he felt he was so above the game standards that he could diss an established artist... For being positive?? Who does this N think is is... No wonder he lost...

SPOT ON!
Last real n alive>blueprint 2

Damn straight.

And the hook did kill this track.
tired.gif
DF!!!

sounds to me like you just hate jay

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Great diss song
pimp.gif
but too late. It came off mad bitter to me. I wish he had released this right after Ether. It boggles my mind that it took him like a year to cook up a proper response.
it wasnt really a diss song... not like superugly and takeover... more like "why the ++!# yall think he won?!" and just pointin out why he shouldnt have... sounds kinda bitter but he was speakin facts on the whole @%@#...
For something that wasn't a diss it was way more potent than Super Ugly and Takeover. Notice if its a why you think he won song it's so much better than the song that was suppose to initially prove that. That shh was a diss song imo, it go crazy hard when it comes to why he thinks he's better; tore him to shreds from every angle and set the record straight on his career.
but he was sayin the $!%* so calmly... like on takeover and superugly he was talkin directly to nas... on bp2 he was talkin to us ... "cant yall see that he's fake/ the rap version of td jakes, prophecizin on ya cds and tapes/"

that $!%* wouldnt have worked as an actual diss in the battle cuz it was too laid back...

bitter or not u cant tell me the song aint cold...

i gotta remember who im typin to tho... this the dude that coined the phrase "ol man jigga"
laugh.gif
It would've worked imo and he would've clearly won the battle if he had used that as the response to Ether and we not talking about the song itself cuz the first words in my post are "Great diss song
pimp.gif
"
laugh.gif

Contrary to popular belief I was riding with Jigga to win the battle despite who I thought was the better Mc. I wanted ol dude to finish where Biggie left off
laugh.gif
but he failed and then drops the perfect response a year later
smh.gif

The fact that he was talking to us is just another cool turn to it. He could've semi explained that on radio like "I already won(with Takeover) and to be honest I'm better than dude so Imma address the fans who think this smart dumb ninja can really spar with GOD."
laugh.gif
tru tru... he still won the war tho... he signed nas... 1 L... then bounced on his @@#... 2 Ls...
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
< >

And y'all buy the %*+$, caught up in the hype
Cause the %%##@ wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the *$%*!%@# that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't see any hate in there... Its called being honest, and other Jay fans (myself NOT included) have built this sheild of protection around him, &his music which makes it above criticism weather ligitimate or not...

I agree

Good song but Last Real N Alive>BP 2

I love both tracks though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

why people bringing up nas, just enjoy the song
Cause it's a diss track. That's like "Hit em up" appreciation of course people gonna bring up "Who Shot You"
laugh.gif

But this track is crack and it's what won Jigga the battle in my eyes.

Explain to me why "Last Real dude alive" is a great song please?

Jay tried to bait him with the Summer Jam $%%$... Cause he got @ Prodigy (with the 2nd verse from "Takeover") then he just said " Ask NaS he don't want it with Hov..." but didn't do the verse.

Stillmatic Freestyle was a response to that... Then "Takeover"... Then "Ether"... Jay asked for it, you can't think you can diss NaS with the same effort you would used to go @ Prodigy...
Thats exactly what i was saying
nerd.gif

"ask Nas he dont want it wit Hov NO!!!!!!!!!" aka bait
nas spit the freestyle tellin lies....aka takin the bait
Jay gives Nas Takeover.....response to Nas' freestyle
Ether- calls Jay gay/
Jay is on the radio...visiably shaken
laugh.gif

Superugly -"since you so infatuated wit sayin that GAy S!!! guess you was kissin my D when you was kissin that B!!!" (LMAO)

and here comes the Massacre of BP2...and well heres that thread. I dont count Jay signin Nas as anything.....

but didn't do the verse.
The verse didnt exist silly...which is why the pond got killed.

Cause He tells the WHOLE strory from his perspective... I mean in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor... Thatsa fact he can never dispute... Switchin his style to what NaS/A/Ghost/Rae/BIG were doin is somethin he cant dispute... From a fans perspective and rememberingthe times, it sound pretty factual... Its just an overall more interesting song... & in NaS fashion he attacks him on different levels, not just as an MCbut as a man... The SAME *$%+ Jay shifted towards on "Blueprint 2" after getting spanked lyrically...

Cause He tells the WHOLE strory from his perspective... I mean in the grand scheme of things when it all mattered Jay Z was not a factor... Thats a fact he can never dispute... Switchin his style to what NaS/A/Ghost/Rae/BIG were doin is somethin he cant dispute... From a fans perspective and remembering the times, it sound pretty factual... Its just an overall more interesting song... & in NaS fashion he attacks him on different levels, not just as an MC but as a man... The SAME *$%+ Jay shifted towards on "Blueprint 2" after getting spanked lyrically...
O alright... why you ignore the rest of my post
nerd.gif

"donly reason you alive cause you read lips/duckin and dodgin Weavin and S!!!"

Jay has a few good shots on this one, but the only redeeming feature of this track is the beat with that sickeningly flipped Morricone sample. Beautiful.
Originally Posted by Heshua

It still shocks me that people think ether is a good diss song. Nas whines on 80% of the song about stuff that has nothing to do with Jay and when he does get at him it's corny stuff like gay-z and other 3rd grader lines. Terrible.
Agree 100%.

^^^ Thats what I been saying the introspective Nas says "gay Z I rock girls You rock fellas" it was funny nonetheless but that was playground stuffEther is overrated

Back
Top Bottom