sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

"i gave you life when n's was forgetting you mc"
sick.gif
sick.gif

Great diss song
pimp.gif
but too late. It came off mad bitter to me. I wish hehad released this right after Ether. It boggles my mind that it took him like a year to cook up a proper response.

"Oh Behave..."
smokin.gif

This *!+% is crack but I think this is the joint that made Nas look like he really got to Jay
ohwell.gif

iHateTimeDotCom wrote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik

Great diss song
pimp.gif
but too late. It came off mad bitter to me. I wish he had released this right after Ether. It boggles my mind that it took him like a year to cook up a proper response.
it wasnt really a diss song... not like superugly and takeover... more like "why the ++!# yall think he won?!" and just pointin out why he shouldnt have... sounds kinda bitter but he was speakin facts on the whole @%@#...

Yea what they said.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Great diss song
pimp.gif
but too late. It came off mad bitter to me. I wish he had released this right after Ether. It boggles my mind that it took him like a year to cook up a proper response.
it wasnt really a diss song... not like superugly and takeover... more like "why the ++!# yall think he won?!" and just pointin out why he shouldnt have... sounds kinda bitter but he was speakin facts on the whole @%@#...
For something that wasn't a diss it was way more potent than Super Ugly and Takeover. Notice if its a why you think he won song it's somuch better than the song that was suppose to initially prove why he won. That shh was a diss song imo, it go crazy hard when it comes to why he thinkshe's better; tore him to shreds from every angle and set the record straight on his career.

Great diss song
pimp.gif
For something that wasn't a diss it was way more potent than Super Ugly and Takeover. Notice if its a why you think he won song it's so much better than the song that was suppose to initially prove that. That shh was a diss song imo, it go crazy hard when it comes to why he thinks he's better; tore him to shreds from every angle and set the record straight on his career.
but he was sayin the $!%* so calmly... like on takeover and superugly he was talkin directly to nas... on bp2 he was talkin to us ... "cant yall see that he's fake/ the rap version of td jakes, prophecizin on ya cds and tapes/"

that $!%* wouldnt have worked as an actual diss in the battle cuz it was too laid back...

bitter or not u cant tell me the song aint cold...

i gotta remember who im typin to tho... this the dude that coined the phrase "ol man jigga"
laugh.gif
It would've worked imo and he would've clearly won the battle if he had used that as the response to Ether and we not talking about thesong itself cuz the first words in my post are "Great diss song
pimp.gif
"
laugh.gif

Contrary to popular belief I was riding with Jigga to win the battle despite who I thought was the better Mc. I wanted ol dude to finish where Biggie leftoff
laugh.gif
but he failed and then drops the perfect response a yearlater
smh.gif

The fact that he was talking to us is just another cool turn to it. He could've semi explained that on radio like "I already won(with Takeover) and tobe honest I'm better than dude so Imma address the fans who think this smart dumb ninja can really spar with GOD."
laugh.gif

And y'all buy the %*+$, caught up in the hype
Cause the %%##@ wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the *$%*!%@# that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

DONE %%##@

Great diss song
pimp.gif
For something that wasn't a diss it was way more potent than Super Ugly and Takeover. Notice if its a why you think he won song it's so much better than the song that was suppose to initially prove that. That shh was a diss song imo, it go crazy hard when it comes to why he thinks he's better; tore him to shreds from every angle and set the record straight on his career.
"cant yall see that he's fake/ the rap version of td jakes, prophecizin on ya cds and tapes/"
Won't break you a crumb of the little bitthat he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

man when i heard that...

just the underlyin analogy...
smh.gif

i know i'm not overanalyzin it.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

And y'all buy the %*+$, caught up in the hype
Cause the %%##@ wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the *$%*!%@# that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

DONE %%##@

Originally Posted by jomitm

"cant yall see that he's fake/ the rap version of td jakes, prophecizin on ya cds and tapes/"

Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

man when i heard that...

just the underlyin analogy...
smh.gif

i know i'm not overanalyzin it.

After re-reading these lyrics
eek.gif
smh.gif
$@@+ is so much iller to me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

This Song > any diss song
Word.

that $!%* wouldnt have worked as an actual diss in the battle cuz it was so laid back...
to me this is one of the most overlooked "parts" of the "war"
Jay was so calm with it on this track. To me it was like Jay just analyzed Nas' whole character and career and well.........GAWD DAMN!

since this thread is only about this song, ill leave my discussion to just this song.

And this is with whom you want to place your faith
This had to hurt Nas fans.Say what you want, but it was much easier to realize Pac's contradictions then it was to notice Nas' . But Nas did the whole "pot callin thekettle black" or "those in glass house shall not throw stones" and well he got his whole career/image destroyed.

I actually like "Blueprint (Mama Loves Me)" better. Very different songs but I thought it was relevant enough.

"I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit"

One of my favorite lines. Real talk right there. And yeah this dis was hard as hell, definitely underrated.

This is just a sore loser refusing to accept defeat... Jay was trying to bait NaS into a different type of battle wit h"Takeover"... Obviously thatdidn't work into his favor was "Ether" really put him in his place... So he tried to take a NaS-like approach and attack him on different levels,not just music but his character as a man... The song is coo, but if he was tryin to prove he was better than NaS this wasn't the record to do that... Youdon't wait a year and comeback with somethin like this... He's tryin to diss NaS for being positive in his music, that was always something thatbothered me about Jay, he felt he was so above the game standards that he could diss an established artist... For being positive?? Who does this N think isis... No wonder he lost...

This song is amazing, so real. It still shocks me that people think ether is a good diss song. Nas whines on 80% of the song about stuff that has nothingto do with Jay and when he does get at him it's corny stuff like gay-z and other 3rd grader lines. Terrible.

Back
Top Bottom