Jay Electronica Talks About Souljaboy, Lyrics, and the Present Era (Vol. The Wu vs Waka 2)

more fuel to the fire i see.

however..i agree
pimp.gif

"the spirit and energy of it is never gone"

EXACTLY....there is no RIGHT way of doing anything in life except 1.

Ehh I would buy that if dudes were doing it for the love but that's not the case. Most of these trash rappers are looking at hip hop as a come up. Their energy isn't rockin the crowd, it's rockin gucci gettin money and being fly. I enjoy the music of many non-lyrical rappers but I think we're foolin ourselves when we try to legitimize what they're doing. Call a spade a spade. As I said in one of the other threads, I don't blame the Grammys for not airing hip hop awards.

Calling SB a lyricist is a slap in the face of ppl who are lyricist. He is a entertainer..not a lyricist...a rapper...not a lyricist...you might be a doctor but everyone cant perform open heart surgery

Originally Posted by HAM CITY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i was born in 19 niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine 0 > i spit that wonderrhymer #+%$

i dont think it was fuel to the fire tho...he spoke truthfully without disrespecting the lil homie

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Calling SB a lyricist is a slap in the face of ppl who are lyricist. He is a entertainer..not a lyricist...a rapper...not a lyricist...you might be a doctor but everyone cant perform open heart surgery
he's not calling SB  a lyricist. you're missing the point, he's saying that despite their traditional lyrical short comings, entertainers/rappers like SB can compensate and still make good music by way of their energy. 

he's not calling SB  a lyricist. you're missing the point, he's saying that despite their traditional lyrical short comings, entertainers/rappers like SB can compensate and still make good music by way of their energy. 
Sure they can but that _ make garbage music.

oh ok i see....

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

that's fine but even though he mentions soulja boy by name, he's obviously speaking on rappers in that lane as a whole.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

maybe it just doesn't fit you

He made a good point...One thing I can say about Soulja Boy. I haven't heard a ton of his songs, but from "crank dat" to now he has gotten better. Which is something a lot of rappers don't do once they get paid.

When he says energy he means like getting the crowd hyped up or "crunk" right? As far as putting energy in to lyrics.

If it's that okay. Anybody can do that.

But if he means like putting your feelings in to your lyrics like really displaying your passion for hip hop I don't hear that in SB's rhymes AT ALL.

FYI, Turn My Swag On was all beat and benefiting from the lames who still used the word "swag" heavy in their vernacular. That's where the energy came from.

Back
Top Bottom