Jay Williams Has No Plans To Resume NBA Career.

This is sad, I always thought he would make it back... |I
tired.gif
|I
tired.gif
|I
tired.gif

But I guess that is what happens when you are being stupid and riding bikes. He could been really, really good.

Jay Williams Has No Plans To Resume Career
November 7, 2007 - 10:58 am
Daily Herald -
Former Duke and Bulls guard Jay Williams has no plans to resume his basketball career. Williams is working for a fitness company, doing motivational speaking and wants to advance in the business world, according to agent Kevin Bradbury.

The No. 2 pick of the 2002 draft, Williams attempted an NBA comeback last season after taking three years to recover from serious injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident on Chicago's North Side.

The 6-foot-2 guard played five preseason games with the New Jersey Nets , then spent about a month with the Austin Toros in the D-League before being released Dec. 31. [READ]
Small guys have to prove they can play; big guys have to prove they cannot
play. Guards have to be like a chain with no weak links, guards cannot have
any physical weaknesses.

damn
smh.gif
smh.gif
to think of what could have been....
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

He's smart and savvy enough to find success outside of the hardwood. He'll be fine. Too bad though, son was real nice @ Duke.
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​
The B.O.P.​

A damn shame, too bad he was an idiot. He's better off focusing his time on other stuff, a return to the NBA wasn't happening.

Dude was a @#%$ MONSTER @ Duke. I thought he was going to be the goods...Amazing at how fast your life can change with just one decision like that.
The Black Zack Morris​

:frown:
frown.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball , Patrick Robinson​

Quote:
He's smart and savvy enough to find success outside of the hardwood. He'll be fine. Too bad though, son was real nice @ Duke.

Wasnt he already broadcasting NCAA games last yr?

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Take care man, at least your alive my man... You won't be forgotten.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong​
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Wow. :frown:
frown.gif

Man, I remember the battles Dixon and him had when UMD played Duke back in 2000-2002 :pimp:
pimp.gif
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

That sucks. My hate is strong for Duke, but he was a positive kid. Did he get his degree?

The Mayor: Always do the right thing.
Mookie: That's it?
The Mayor: That's it.
Mookie: I got it. I'm gone.​

Quote:
Did he get his degree?
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball , Patrick Robinson​

Damn thats heart breaking, one of my fav players.....if dude was still in the league, people wouldn't be nut huggin CP3....@#%$, I'll release sasha and cook for him in a beat
NISMO​

that's too bad

OREGONDUCKS
Dennis Dixon & Jonathan Stewart for Heisman​

Wow. That's sad but it's great that he was well-rounded enough that he can parlay his basketball career into something beneficial.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

I don't really feel too bad for him...I'm sure he doesn't feel bad for himself.....Anyone who's seem him on tv can tell he's an intelligent person..and he has a degree from Duke...and he has connections to great companies im sure...No doubt he'll be successful in the business world...Trust me he'll be eating more than most of us will
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Iverson, Camby, Smith, Atkins, Hunter, Jones, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Wafer, Diawara​

Best of luck to Jay Williams. He was a great player at Duke. :frown:
frown.gif
What could have been for the Bulls. :frown:
frown.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

What a shame that he got hurt.........that was a bad little era for the Bulls.....Tim Floyd/ Bill Cartwright.....ughhhhhh
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Was he really a completely different player? Anyone see him play after the accident can comment on this?
For Sale: sz 9.5-10.5 Jordans - XI Concords, XII Melo & Taxi, XIX Wht/Gry, XX Stealth, 2K4 Laser Kobes, QS Bday LBJ II
AIM: ady2glude7o7

Quote:
Wasnt he already broadcasting NCAA games last yr?
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Quote:
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

Back
Top Bottom