Jay-Z/David Ortiz vol. Yankee/Red Sox Beef

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

imma let you finish your pointless baseball quibbling, but Duke/UNC OHIO STATE/MICHIGAN is the greatest rivalry in sports.

its not even the best in N.Amarica.

USA vs. mexico >>>> any other rivalry in North America.

Originally Posted by MJKIDD2345

^ I have heard that before that he grew up a met fan cause they won in 86. He proabably switched in the 90's though.

I've never heard that but he wont be the first 80's Mets fan 90's Yankees fan.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Giants-Dodger Rivalry > Yankees-Red Sox
roll.gif

^You guys have like 30 more wins than we do heads up since the move. Sure.....the WS wins are uneven....but most other records arent that uneven. At least they arent as one sided as in the Yankees Red Sox rivalry.

Originally Posted by dland24

I understand there are a ton of factors that go into what makes a great rivalry and all.....but how can this be such a huge rivalry when one team has consistently dominated the other? I mean, lets look at it.

-Yankees have almost 200 more wins heads up against the Red Sox.
-Yankees have 20 more World Series titles than the Red Sox.
-Yankees have 10 more division titles than the Red Sox.
-Yankees have 28 more AL pennants than the Red Sox.
-Yankees have 11 more Hall of Famers than the Red Sox.
-Yankees are 2-1 in playoff sereies against the Red Sox.

I mean, Im sure I could keep digging and find more. Again, I understand there are a ton of things that go into what makes a good rivalry, but I refuse to acknowledge one as the "best" rivalry in sports that is so clearly one sided.

the giants and dodgers used to be a rivalry back when they were both in the east coast but now since both teams moved to cali...its been one sided in favor of los doyers...the SF gigantes havent done squat in terms of world series wins

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

This is about business and nothing else.  It's a stupid move by Ortiz, if anything.  Doesn't matter if it's in another country--Ortiz is a U.S. citizen.  If I were to open up a chain of McDonolds's franchises anywhere in the world, I would be sued with the quickness
Clearly. Dudes really must hate Jay-Z if they can't see this.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

imma let you finish your pointless baseball quibbling, but Duke/UNC OHIO STATE/MICHIGAN is the greatest rivalry in sports.

its not even the best in N.Amarica.

USA vs. mexico >>>> any other rivalry in North America.
outacontrol music wrote:
3. Manu Ginobili — Hated by opponents and fans for his flopping and general knack for being a thorn in one’s side. Loved by teammates. If you want to know why soccer still isn’t catching on in mainstream America, it’s because every soccer player acts like Manu.

Back
Top Bottom