Jay-Z has reportedly bought back the last remaining record on his Def Jam deal

So apparently Hov (@s_c_) has reportedly bought back the lastremaining record on his IDJ deal for what some say is a whopping 5 million. Probably did it to get out of his contract and move on to Roc Nation. *shrugs*

Makes sense...this album had no buzz for the 8 months i was there...

i dont blame him either...things are really suspect over there sometimes....

it wouldn't makes sense why he would do so though...

I always thought he'd just drop a "Best Of" record and be done w/ it.

(So Drake's signin to Roc Nation?)

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Makes sense...this album had no buzz for the 8 months i was there...

i dont blame him either...things are really suspect over there sometimes....
Sometimes? Seems like an understatement.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I always thought he'd just drop a "Best Of" record and be done w/ it.[/color]

Exactly but it's a lot of politics and maybe he doesn't want it to be a IDJ release and wants to bring his imprint somewhere else or perhaps put it outdirectly to retail via Livenation. I guess time will tell.

And Drake is signed with Universal Motown. I have proof if you really need it.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I always thought he'd just drop a "Best Of" record and be done w/ it.[/color]

Exactly but it's a lot of politics and maybe he doesn't want it to be a IDJ release and wants to bring his imprint somewhere else or perhaps put it out directly to retail via Livenation. I guess time will tell.

noone cares how big you think you are on NT

I thought that Drake signing was just a rumor...kudos to them for getting young talent..

Al Branch was down with Hip Hop Since 1978...worked on Ye's first album...was @ Columbia till they all got canned then is SVP of Mkting @ Def Jam...theygot Chris Atlas as SVP too i think

I thought that Drake signing was just a rumor...kudos to them for getting young talent..

Al Branch was down with Hip Hop Since 1978...worked on Ye's first album...was @ Columbia till they all got canned then is SVP of Mkting @ Def Jam...they got Chris Atlas as SVP too i think
Yo man why'd they fire Hop after two (Clipse, Jimmy) signings?? What's that story? You know?

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Exactly but it's a lot of politics and maybe he doesn't want it to be a IDJ release and wants to bring his imprint somewhere else or perhaps put it out directly to retail via Livenation. I guess time will tell.

good to know someone still hates you ILL
roll.gif

Good for Jay.

Def Jam can go to hell for pushin' Rick Ross. It's clear that they no longer care for integrity in their music... *turns up the Outro freestyle fromthat S.Carter Collection*

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by areyouin729

good to know someone still hates you ILL
roll.gif

roll.gif
Word! I got kind of worried like, "why no one hating anymore?
frown.gif
"

*hugs areyouin729*

Al Branch was down with Hip Hop Since 1978...worked on Ye's first album...was @ Columbia till they all got canned then is SVP of Mkting @ Def Jam...they got Chris Atlas as SVP too i think
Yo man why'd they fire Hop after two (Clipse, Jimmy) signings?? What's that story? You know?
Yeah they was fired. Someone told me why but I can't remember. Something about Columbia job cut backs. Hip-Hop was actually suppose to A&Rthe Clipse project.

Hop building Roc Nation now.
If and when they land Drake, roll out the red carpet..GRAND OPENING

Back
Top Bottom