Jay-Z = Independent Artist

Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique "negotiations" ever. Doug won the toss but, we both won in the end. I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music."
- Jay-Z via Rap Radar

http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/

eek.gif

yep i just read about this.............

With rumors swirling around Jay's Def Jam contract buyout, Hov exclusively spoke to Rap Radar to confirm the speculation.

"I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and LA Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience and I respect them immensely. I've been in the family for almost my entire career.

Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique "negotiations" ever. Doug won the toss but, we both won in the end..

I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music."

YN: What is this coin toss about?

Hov: That takes a phone conversation, I'll save it for our interview... classic.

i wonder how members of the ol roc era feel....

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

if anybody can pull off owning all their #+*# on somebody else's label its him...

Except he doesn't own Reasonable Doubt. The only album he wants.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

if anybody can pull off owning all their #+*# on somebody else's label its him...

i think the article is actually about the BP3 and future projects

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

he owns a 1/3 of it and no one can make money off it without his consent....

Back
Top Bottom