JB Couldn't justify price increases before but they definitely cannot after seeing this....

Ok, its pretty much well known at this point that their quality is for %!%!. But people come onto this forum trying to "defend" the price increasesand lie to themselves saying the quality isn't that bad (even though i saw a post earlier with a pair of space jams that were leaning to the sides inopposite directions
laugh.gif
). Bottom line is their is no justification for the increase in price, its plain greed. They didn't do any advertising for theshoe, and the quality is worse so why the increase? Inflation you say? Wrong. So anyhow I came across these old reebok pump ads and i noticed that the price onthe original's is either equal to or less than the retro's yet the quality of reebok's pump retro's is dead on to the og's.

Reebok has been VERY on point with their pump retro's, the quality has been basically that of the original release, everything has matched up, the cut ofthe shoe, the placement of colors the quality, and a reebok pump is more expensive to manufacture than a Jordan XI (im willing to bet on that). So how is it,that when reebok retro'd the premier edition pump they were able to sell it for the exact price from 1989. How is it that reebok was able to now retro thetwilight zone pump and sell it for LESS than it cost in 1990? Reebok can do it and Jordan brand can't? It just goes to show you that they really are takingadvantage of these younger kids, with the horrible quality of the spacejams and talk of a "premium quality" Jordan retro with a higher price tag itstime to start really calling JB on their bull %!%!.

Notice the price is nearly 50 dollars less on the originals? And Nike had to advertise heavily for that shoe, R&D, quality materials and a cheaper retailprice.

Im with you Tre...same reason why its rare that I buy Jordans anymore...the Pump 20 really opened my eyes on how quality a sneaker should be done.

Sorry guys, Im not here to bash JB fans, but these guys are taking full advantage of the hype around the sneaker...I mean c'mon I can see raise the price afew bucks, but $50 for crap quality, specila box and some stupid plastic inserts. When you're wearing the shoes no one is going to see the "coolbox" or the "cool inserts" that cost you out the !@#.

Yeah so basically we are going to be paying more with these premium releases for quality we SHOULD be getting in the first place. SMH. I can honestly say I amnot buying anymore Jordans after these space jams.

I don't see why this shoes cost so much?

Shoes u wear them in a couple of month's they don't look as good

I hope eventually Jordan Brand will fail for being greedy

It's the NAME son.

But its this kind of "care" from JB that made a lot of older shoe heads stop buying their products, myself included.

I bought two JB products this year...TB 3's and Jams.

C'mon now. You can't really compare them. I totally agree with what you said, but Reebok's not going to move any products if they increase theprice. Jordan's are gonna sell regardless. Lil Wayne basically promoted the Space Jams so everyone had to go out and get their pair. The whole NT couldhave slept on them and their would have been a similar result.

reebok need to hurry up and give me some blue/white kamikaze IIs. Had them in elementary for only $30 from Marshalls. Was happy to be stylin on all the kidswho paid so much for their penny's and j's. Now look how rare they are and how much they go for...... if you could find a decent pair
pimp.gif

JB prices will continue to rise....as long as people pay and sneaks sell out.

Nike can charge whatever the hell they want for their shoes. If people are dumb enough to riot in the malls and buy out every store by noon, then why shouldnike lower their prices? Hell next time the space jams are probably gonna be $200+ from now on with even cheaper quality. As long as the shoes keep flying offthe shelves, the prices are never gonna go down. And there's no incentive to make the quality better.

Good thread.

The quality doesn't justify the rise in prices because obviously the decrease is evident. This is a new age in buying shoes. It was apparent thattechnology is what shoe companys relied on during the "integrity" years. Now, your sales are based on what the shoe looks like. That's why theteam jordans have the quality of what a retro model should have. Team Jordans lack the physical appearance of Air Jordan signature shoe, but make up with thequality because of WHAT it's used for. Nowadays, kids are buying these for fashion. From a business standpoint, this makes perfect sense. For you and me,it doesn't. Honest to God, I remember buying Cool Grey 11s, and wearing them that very same day for CYO basketball games. Same thing I did with blackCement 3s. I used the Air Jordan retro for what it was supposed to be used for. And this wasn't just ME, all my friends did it and so did every I knew whobought Air Jordans.

JB is similar to how gas is sold nowadays. You want regular gas, you pay regular prices...want premium? Pay premium prices. And 1539 ain't falling for it..

Nothin justifies the rise in prices, especially if they buy cheaper materials to make the shoe. However, we (us who grew up durin the OG era) are victims ofnostaglia. That's the main reason I still by Jordans because I couldn't afford em when I was younger, other than that, I could care less.

The price is justified by the fact people camped out in DECEMBER to pay 175 for XI's and paid even more on ebay after the fact.

As long as big fluffy sheep keep lining up to empty their parents pockets Jordan Brand will keep shaving them down and making sweaters.

That is the way of the world. Many things have inflated in price while the quality has decreased...Jordans, cars, homes. Thats corporate america at its finest,put out the poorest quality possible, generate the interest, enjoy the revenue.

mods likin this thread lol

but i think JB sales are going to decrease soon.
it's mostly the older 20-35 year olds buyin em up. yes there are teen buyin their kicks, but not nearly as much to support their business and greed. andeven if these premium/ good quality shoes do release, it just another excuse for raise the price on all their other shoes

Yea, i don't see the point in releasing "premium" retros. Regular retros like the space jams and even CDP are supposed to be Jordan Brandquality, supposed to be a cut above the rest. What materials or quality could you possibly add to say a retro 6 to maintain the impression that both thepremium and regular are good, but one is better than the other? JB is already supposed to have top quality materials and construction. If they release the"premiums" they will be admitting to the fact their quality has degraded. Nike SB Dunks have premiums because there is no set model on what theyshould be. On premium dunks the materials are nicer because that goes to make the colorway/style of the shoe cooler or more exotic, not towards its basicfunction as a shoe.

it just dosent make sense. like one dude said these kicks arent being made to play ball, people just wanna get fresh.. times change and things get moreexpensive. it still dosent justify cheaper quality for a higher price. thats why we call them the good old days.. can anyone of you really would of payed thatmuch back in the day for some patent leathers. probably. its a different world...

Originally Posted by Manglor

The price is justified by the fact people camped out in DECEMBER to pay 175 for XI's and paid even more on ebay after the fact.

As long as big fluffy sheep keep lining up to empty their parents pockets Jordan Brand will keep shaving them down and making sweaters.
TRUTH!

i copped one pair at my store with my employee dicount. no camping and way under retail. the absolute only way i would have copped these.

Originally Posted by Spradley

mods likin this thread lol

but i think JB sales are going to decrease soon.
it's mostly the older 20-35 year olds buyin em up. yes there are teen buyin their kicks, but not nearly as much to support their business and greed. and even if these premium/ good quality shoes do release, it just another excuse for raise the price on all their other shoes

Teens don't buy Jordans? Why do you think Fusions move? The teens now might have watched Jordan when he played for the Wizards, but that's about it.

I've said this for a minute about how Reebok and Adidas retros haven't turned to crap. Colors and leather aren't way off.

Cats stay talking this materials cost more crap though.

excellent point OP... but lets face it... michael jordan is a jerk now... ya'll know whats going on with him, it aint a big secret that he isnt the nicestperson around right now.

great thread, definitely an eye-opener...

probably won't stop me from succumbing to $175 price tags simply because you have to pay for what you want when there is no other options...but it goes toshow you a lot about JB unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom