JB Forum "TABOO" posts....NEW MEMBERS READ!

Quote:
If we cleaned up these "useless" topics, we'd have a better board because people would actually get involved with interesting topics, instead of overlooking them because the 10th "what's your favorite Jordans post" is over shadowing them.
ed out on Niketalk. I understand that you've probably seen these thread hundreds of times, but to the typical NT newb these topics are fresh and interesting.

Equipo STRINGER
And everything seemed to be going so well.​

/\ And that is why I would like to implement "official" posts for these. I understand the want to have these posts around...However, my argument is that we see them more often than not.

What generally happens, is someone starts up a "taboo" post...Let's say for example a "What's your favorite black/red Jordan?" post...Then it will go on for a few days with people answering with one word replies....Then it fizzles out and dissapears. Literally. What happens next? Someone starts up the same thread again. It's the same thing recylced over and over again.

So here's my suggestion:

I'm going to make an official Air Jordan Survey post with all sorts of questions from our "taboo" list. We'll keep it housed in the Jordan Brand forum, and whenever someone feels the need to ask/answer a so-called "taboo" topic....They'll be referred to out official post.

That way everybody remains happy. We'll be able to weed out the clutter formed by these topics, and at the same time we'll have them around for the "newbies" and other people who feel like those posts are important to keep around.
Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!

HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

Quote:
The younger members simply don't possess the ability to pay attention long enough to absorb a discussion because they don't want to read.

POINT.........As a teacher, I have so many students who dont have an imagination because they NEVER read. They cannot come up with an original idea, and have to be spoon fed everything. Every time I assign a paragraph reflection on some topic, I usually get 20 papers of the examples I gave to them, and like 2 or 3 papers that have some actual original thought.

Maybe its because they are only 9th graders, but I would like to think that at that age I had a better imagination.

Even video games have cliff's notes, they're called cheat codes

Not a JB forum regular, but good idea. And BTW, a lot of these posts pop up in the other forums as well.

For those saying that the JB forum will disappear, it won't. There will just be fewer useless/recurring threads. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

To tell you the truth, the JB forum is the one I visit the least out of the three Nike branded forums here, and it's precisely because it gets annoying sifting through pages of the types of threads illjapino mentioned to get to the meaningful ones. Less clutter = better forum.
"SPORTS DO NOT BUILD CHARACTER, THEY REVEAL IT."-JOHN WOODEN
Bring Schiano Back Home

This is the best post that I have read in a while. This idea should definitely be in consideration. There is usually nothing of significance for me to post/respond to at all. But cleaning up all the "kids stuff" (I don't think anyone called it that, but, I will) off the board would definitely get people into thinking about what warrants a post and what has just been said/posted about/repeated to death. Maybe we'll get different/new discussion in this forum.

GOOD CALL, ijapino
"it's not how hard you push along the way, it's having something in you to finish" - michael jordan

cmon, freedon of speech, if people have questions, why not let them be answered? and anyways, most of the topics are considered "taboo" to you

Quote:
most of the topics are considered "taboo" to you
coming up with more creative post topics.

Theres nothing wrong with questions being asked...It's the ones that have been asked a million times or the ones with nothing of value to add to the forum.

Taboo posts, though not against the Niketalk Rules, hold no value to the board. Instead they get asked a million times a month when it could have easily been avoided by either using the search feature, or by using common sense and making up ones own mind. These posts tend to flood the forum, and hide the actual useful informative posts we rarely get.

And as I mentioned earlier...I know theres a NEEDNiketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

^ Then you don't have to be on here...

This topic stresses the falling of the JB forum with people who constantly clutter it with pointless topics.

If you think this is just a topic of being a crybaby, then you're wrong. I'm tired of seeing posts about "Does this shoe have more value than this one?" "Any pics of Laser Vs?" There is a simple SEARCH button that people seem to oversee somehow. People are too lazy to do some digging up of information of their own.

Posts including stories of their day in which they encounter Jordans in some sort are not needed. Get a blog or something. Bandwidth is being wasted for more valuable information to be given.
4XL RED DEAD SERIOUS HOODY FOR SALE !!!
BRAND NEW...
DON'T SLEEP ! ONE WEEK !

great idea. i joined nt in 03 and i lived in the jordan forum. sadly i watched it decline with the repetitive threads.
Harlem plays the best ball in the country

how about

"cleaning _____ jordans?"

this was a real problem a couple years ago, and i'm starting to see it surface again. okay, we know you have ______ jordan. good for you.
kicks drop inevitably like bird shh
you herbs get stuck repeatedly
for campouts and hype money
pilipinas only - exchange gift tayo!ubasapoy. pm na lang po (no jdv).​

Personally I think that Search facility is very, very poor and totally unreliable.

If the search facility was better it would enhance people's ability to find what they want and avoid sifting through any potential crap.

Well i am a new member of the NT family and this post has been really informative. I agree that the search enging on the site could be better to really find topics that YOU are interested in. A lot of threads are repetitive but sometimes its not on purpose, they just dont know any better.......
Carlos with a K

look I am a young person on niketalk and I find some of the repetitive post annoying too. I don't think that it is fair to say we have A.D.D(i read this whole post). I personally don't care too much for the people who ask which_____ will be worth the most later.

Also if someone has sooo many problems with JB, I don't think niketalk is the place for them. But that's just my opinion

By implementing this new "taboo" system it actually does make the site move faster and easier to get to the posts that actually help like looking for pictures, hell I hate going through 19 pages of yap just to look at what the new Lebrons or Jordans look like. Thanks Third Reich, I meant moderators for limiting most of our freedom of speech, but I do understand that it does get oooooold....
Defy Convention...

its about time this was unstickied, hopefully i won't have to see it again
since it is Dr. Martin Luther King WEEK! i refuse to react immaturly in response to some of Niketalk's pure ignorance

Any post with Gentry stating how he's an idiot. :lol:
laugh.gif

Yea, I said it!

Back
Top Bottom