JB release numbers now reflect the hype for the shoe/colorway...

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by kamuekcmo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. kamuekcmo

kamuekcmo

My source has given me some interesting info... JB has a new way of marketing or deciding how many pairs of a certain shoe will drop... This is how it works... JB starts production on a shoe, then once info drops, they have put together a team to watch and measure the hype for a shoe, depending on the hype of the shoe they will then change the release date to produce more or only ship out half of the amount that was produced and do a re release, or change something on the shoe to make it a different shoe...

Raptor 7's dropped and instead of having pairs sit on shelves and take away from other releases, they only sent half of them out, and saved the other half for a second release...

Olive 9's were supposed to be a limited GR (no kids) but after judging hype they only sent out half of the produced amount, my source says he has seen them sitting in a warehouse... (so expect more of them soon)

Thunder 4's - The thunder 4's had a great hype measurement, more than what JB expected, so they changed the release date to buy a few weeks to produce more and to insure they would sell they made them a holiday shoe....

Bred 13's are supposed to be a GR and they are only sending out half of the produced amount, so most stores wont have as many as you think..

88 Retro 3's - now I don't know what to think about this.... My source confirmed that this shoe was the first shoe that the (hype measure team) was assigned to when it came out no to long ago.... My source didn't say this (his exact words were don't trust them Nike Air 3's) but by them coming out so fast, I am willing to bet this is the same exact shoe with a logo change, which falls under change something on a shoe to make it better and sell for more profit.......

My source says that release date changes and second drop dates are going to be way more common in 2013..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. bballermarkie

bballermarkie

Thanks for the info man

3. bigsexyvic

bigsexyvic

I would think that this is a step in the right direction, assuming they continue to produce enough pairs for the majority of the people to cop. Thanks for the info.

4. kamuekcmo

kamuekcmo

I believe this is a step that will go against the resellers, once people realize that they may have a shot at a 2nd release date a few months down the road, who will still pay reseller prices...

5. nikehead

nikehead

This sounds about right, remember guys NIKE is publicly traded company who's responsibility is to the shareholder's first, not to our sneaker subculture, they could care less about pleasing and accommodating the needs of a select few in the "shoe game".

They are most concerned with improving the margins, revenue, eps and roe

the best way to do that is by what they continue to do, which is re-release shoes that they are making small changes to every several years, so the same people will buy them again, this actually benefits Nike, rather than investing in r&d of new technology that may not received well by the public.

Always remember that

air jordan xii likes this.
  6. da shoefreak

da shoefreak

again nike would be foolish to get rid of resellers since they help create the hype and buy multiple pairs. if they want to take away that part of their customer base it would be pure stupidity on nikes part.

eduardkj likes this.
  7. jordan2233

jordan2233

sounds believable, hope the continue to re-release shoes in the future.

8. nikehead

nikehead

Actually this should not affect resellers at all, Nike's last concern is resellers and how much they sell their products for, resellers actually help bring attention to the brand and certain shoes that they release.

The only thing that will ultimately affect resellers are buyers, if people would not put such a high demand on a particular product the price of said product will eventually fall.

Basic economics

9. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

So what's up with a Jordan 11 restock or have I missed it :nerd:

kiluminati616 likes this.
  10. grapeape

grapeape

I didn't know when someone was going to leak this, but I have also heard very similar information on almost every point made from a similar type of source.  If there are people out there that just think the raptor 7 is an unsuccessful sell and a bad example, then they will be back in here within 8 weeks saying, "you damn right KCMO, I can't believe that just happened."

Now I hadn't heard the part about the WC3's being the 2011 model, saved and changed, and from my knowledge this new business model hadn't started to come into play until 2012 had already started, but that very well could be so.  Which would really suck, but make sense at the same time.  Now my fear is that when the CHICAGO 1's get their NIKE AIR treatment it will be these trash quality pairs I just skipped [​IMG]

11. jacksodk

jacksodk

This sounds about right. I have spoke with some district managers and both have helped me in the past by saying stay tuned for restocks. They restock small amounts to see what will happen hence the "some are sitting in a warehouse." I'm telling you guys. Look for a black cement 3 with the nike air and an original colorway for the cement 4 in about a year. JB is testing things!!

12. Bert.

Bert.

appreciate the info OP

i think you posted some legit info before so i trust you

13. kamuekcmo

kamuekcmo

I highly doubt that because they produced half a million pairs.... But I can say that yesterday I was doing some shopping at my local mom and pops store and they have always had crazy lines for Jordans, I was even in the line when the bred 11's dropped to get them for my kids, I'm 100% sure they sold out that day... But I was there yesterday and they had almost a FSR in GS, toddlers, and had all sizes in men except for 11, he said they got a shipment later this past Monday.... [​IMG]

14. belly26

belly26

would be real nice if they restocked the bred 11 next week since its an off week for jb retros

15. squatchnt

squatchnt

This..

@dashoefreak I don't think Nike/JB really concerns themselves with the re-sellers purchase practice as it's somewhat controlled on NDC and other retailers buy their shoes from Nike/JB directly.

16. growingupny

growingupny

That's an extremely smart Operational Business model. 

Considering the hype and culture around J's overall, this almost eliminates or in the least, reduces stress on production numbers and meeting retailer demands.

Test the waters (and still sell out) with a few hundred thousand pairs, then hit 'em with the heeeee months later. OR the little restock trickles they've been doing. That's how I copped by CG IX's and MBJ IX's. [​IMG]

Nice Post OP [​IMG]

17. kamuekcmo

kamuekcmo

yes, that is true... I think they are more concerned that they can make double and triple what JB can make.... I know if I had some type of company and I paid to have something produced, paid for a factory, materials, marketing, shipping, and whatever else... and someone took what I put all my hard work into and flipped it for double or triple what I got only a few hours after they got it from my company..... I would be pissed....

rob1ne likes this.
  18. eyenoe

eyenoe

KCMO....this reminds me of the good ole days when people actually broke inside info for the community! Not jus sitting on it an telling their friends an close circle! Im sure there are PLENTY of people who knew that info an aint share it. Sittin back hatin like I already knew that! Well brotha yo Rep should be in the hundreds for the inside info YOU have been havin the balls to put out no matter if its exposes your source! THANKS! Keep it coming.....:smokin

19. nikehead

nikehead

Yes, thats understandable, but the products that Nike produces and distributes to its retailers does not command the price points that resellers are receiving for them.

If Nike tried to sell any of their product at the price point that resellers sell for, they would see a large drop in revenues and consumer would turn to other brands

20. vegetaray123

vegetaray123

Isn't this how it always worked? At least in regards to having reps keep tabs on the web and all the hype following info release...

The production setup is new to me but to be honest Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc...all have people who watch the boards...

At the very least this ensures that at some point we will get regular drops of info on future releases...